Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Up to 4000 ping ingame

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chumbucketchef

11-25-2014

This is starting to get unacceptable, every time i start a game i always go on speedtest.net to make sure my ping would be good for a match. Lately my ping in game has been a lot different from what speedtest.net have been reading. My games recently have been all over the place with ping, the load screen reads that i have about 400ping and once i'm in game i get about up too 1000 - 4000 ping with a few disconnects but yet other games and what speedtest had told me says that my ping is about the 40 mark. what is going on!

combat

11-25-2014

Speedtest.net tests from your connection to the selected server. Not from your connection to the Riot servers/ISP.

Your ISP is probably routing retardedly, or your hardware is fooked.

BarryButcher

11-25-2014

"Ping" isn't Universal, its how fast your computer sends/receives information to/from a particular server. Speedtest servers are different from Riot servers.

So it could mean your ISP is having trouble talking to Riots servers. Simply go find one of the hundreds of other threads that talk about connection problems and follow those steps.

http://forums.oce.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=87941
http://boards.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/announcements/P74th11d-oce-network-diagnostics-tool

skyichi

11-25-2014

It's not league, call your ISP.

Chumbucketchef

11-25-2014

Oh cool thanks guys, yeah i know little about networking and what not. Thanks for the help!