Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Stop Boost

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jakiron

11-26-2014

Quote:
Lord Sesshomaru:
Getting a taxi gets someone from point A to point B with no effort on their part and with a small fee
asking someone to boost your account from rank A to rank B with no effort on your part and a small fee isnt like that at all you are so right.

Quote:
Getting a taxi isn't a ban worthy offence that goes against terms of service.

Lord Sesshomaru

11-26-2014

Quote:
Jakiron:

if you had read my post i was implying that boosting isn't a ban worthy offence LIKE getting a taxi, thanks for illustrating my point

btw im not saying i agree with boosting im saying you cant ban someone from playing a game because you let someone else play on your account

Jakiron

11-26-2014

Quote:
Lord Sesshomaru:
if you had read my post i was implying that boosting isn't a ban worthy offence LIKE getting a taxi, thanks for illustrating my point

btw im not saying i agree with boosting im saying you cant ban someone from playing a game because you let someone else play on your account

I don't know what you're arguing.

There is no reason at all ever for someone else to be playing on your account.

Agreeing to the terms and conditions when you make your account, you agreed with that.

I don't see a problem with banning boosters.

edit:
Quote:
Lord Sesshomaru:
boosting isn't a ban worthy offence
I had to read this twelveteen times before I realised you said this. It actually is a ban worthy offence.

Lord Sesshomaru

11-26-2014

Quote:
Jakiron:
I don't know what you're arguing.

There is no reason at all ever for someone else to be playing on your account.

Agreeing to the terms and conditions when you make your account, you agreed with that.

I don't see a problem with banning boosters.

You also agree on the same thing when you buy a movie, technically its illegal to watch a movie at home with a friend who does not also own the movie but im willing to bet you don't sit there by yourself and watch movies alone.
and im not saying you would let someone play on it

my argument is:
you cannot ban someone for something when legally they can just say "sorry i was just letting a friend play on my account so he could try X champ or X skin" which is of course a lie but legally negates the charges as they cant prove the opposite.

Oz SammyD X

11-26-2014

Quote:
Lord Sesshomaru:
You also agree on the same thing when you buy a movie, technically its illegal to watch a movie at home with a friend who does not also own the movie but im willing to bet you don't sit there by yourself and watch movies alone.

my argument is:
you cannot ban someone for something when legally they can just say "sorry i was just letting a friend play on my account so he could try X champ or X skin" which is of course a lie but legally negates the charges as they cant prove the opposite.

When its against the terms of service yes you can, also Riot can do whatever the hell they want, you do NOT own your account, Riot does and they have full control of it, boosting is against the rules and you will be punished whether you like it or not.

Also yes Riot can prove it, you wanna know how? Because the player just admitted to sharing accounts, when someone stands up and admits to there actions then the case is closed, they pleaded guilty and will be punished accordingly.

Jakiron

11-26-2014

Quote:
Lord Sesshomaru:

my argument is:

You're really bad with analogies. It's definitely not illegal to watch movies with other people in any shape or form...

And it doesn't negate the charge at all. It's against terms of service.

There is no wiggle room. It is against the rules, don't do it.

Pretty simple, sir.

Oz SammyD X

11-26-2014

Quote:
Jakiron:
You're really bad with analogies. It's definitely not illegal to watch movies with other people in any shape or form...

And it doesn't negate the charge at all. It's against terms of service.

There is no wiggle room. It is against the rules, don't do it.

Pretty simple, sir.

Seems like his logic is that because it isn't illegal then they are allowed to do it, i don't think he knows how terms of service works lol.

I Really Irelia

11-26-2014

I want someone to boost me to Bronze V so I can dodge every promo and see how high I can get my MMR while still being Bronze 5

Jakiron

11-26-2014

Quote:
I Really Irelia:
I want someone to boost me to Bronze V so I can dodge every promo and see how high I can get my MMR while still being Bronze 5

Pretty sure if your MMR is high enough you skip promos, but good luck.

Dawaraven

11-26-2014

Using other person account is against TOS

/thread