Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Remove crit

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RichCont

11-25-2014

Quote:
DerpVoidTex:
but it's not fun getting half of your health reduced because of a crit, and lets say in a tryndamere match up where both are equal skill players then it'd end up coming down to luck

Every tryndamere in the history of tryn top is going rush lvl 2 and go for a cheese fb with a lucky crit. if he attacks you more than 2 times he's probs going to crit.

I find tryndamere a situation where it as actually quite easy to way up crit chance and it is actually very fair, what is a lot more bullsht, if when you're ADC, both ADCS rush IE the enemy ADC crits you on the first hit, because of how low the chance to crit is (only 25%) yet how extreme the reward if one does crit it can make two infinity edge ADC's a battle of "who crits first" you're pretty much fked in that trade right there, but with that said at the end of the day if you're the better ADC you're going to out shine them in the end.

Or... You can just play Lucian than it doesn't matter wtf happens you will one shot them.

Silver5aruman

11-25-2014

If crit was a % add on to your damage it'd be the same amount on average + it'd be consistent

RichCont

11-25-2014

Quote:
Silver5aruman:
If crit was a % add on to your damage it'd be the same amount on average + it'd be consistent

Yeah but then crit wouldn't exist, and crit is a very fun mechanic for normals, and you know, 'having fun'

Red Arrow

11-25-2014

I see it more as a damage steroid than RNG tbh. To me it's just "YOU WILL CRIT 1 OUT OF 4 AUTOS IF YOU HAVE 25% CRIT CHANCE". Sure, you might get lucky every now and then and get more than that... but imo it's pretty consistent.

Oz SammyD X

11-25-2014

Quote:
Ghosthree3:
I don't think you understand how chance works. Stop remembering the bad times and recognise that 35% is 35%.

Read my comment again.

BarryButcher

11-25-2014

I guess if it's replaced by an "amplification" thing sure. But thats easy to say, work out the numbers of how the new thing would work.

I mean, im annoyed, when I have a pickaxe, enemy Trist has just a Zeal and she crits me 3 times in a row to win the fight. But you just accept it.

Seeing a crit just melt someone is so tasty though.

Ghosthree3

11-25-2014

Quote:
Oz SammyD X:
Read my comment again.

Didn't read the final line of it before.

TheOneUser

11-25-2014

Quote:
itsHurricane:
I see it more as a damage steroid than RNG tbh. To me it's just "YOU WILL CRIT 1 OUT OF 4 AUTOS IF YOU HAVE 25% CRIT CHANCE". Sure, you might get lucky every now and then and get more than that... but imo it's pretty consistent.

They might as well change it to crit every 4 attacks

Dota2forthewin

11-25-2014

Quote:
TheOneUser:
They might as well change it to crit every 4 attacks

caitlyn 2.0

FilAmOzNoob

11-25-2014

R.I.P in pieces Gangplank