Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Remove crit

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DerpVoidTex

11-25-2014

It turns league into a luck based game, you removed all the global passives, now remove the last luck thing...

make it so crit is replaced with some sort of damage amplification that is based on how much of it you build

Seany

11-25-2014

inb4 bronzies like: "League already was a luck-based game"

Dota2forthewin

11-25-2014

Quote:
Seany:
inb4 bronzies like: "League already was a luck-based game"

LOL

i do agree on op though, i don't really like luck sh.it

they removed dodge, but kept crit because i read somewhere ' makes the game fun and better'

as usual imo

Arks

11-25-2014

I like rng in games, if you don't like rng play chess.

Ghosthree3

11-25-2014

Tough call, it is an RNG mechanic, but it's a consistent one in my experience, and not having Crit in a game like this is sacrilege. Also it means ADCs need a replacement stat.

Oz SammyD X

11-25-2014

I don't think they should remove crit but i think they should fix it a little, a Tryndamere will have only 35% crit from his passive in early laning phase but for some reason he'll still crit 9/10 times every game, feels like it isn't about chance, luck or randomness but more of Riot's ****ty system.

Or i have bad luck against champs like Tryndamere cause they always seem to crit 9/10 times even when they have like 5% crit chance.

Ghosthree3

11-25-2014

Quote:
Oz SammyD X:
a Tryndamere will have only 35% crit from his passive in early laning phase but for some reason he'll still crit 9/10 times every game

I don't think you understand how chance works. Stop remembering the bad times and recognise that 35% is 35%.

DerpVoidTex

11-25-2014

Quote:
Dota2forthewin:
LOL

they removed dodge, but kept crit because i read somewhere ' makes the game fun and better'

but it's not fun getting half of your health reduced because of a crit, and lets say in a tryndamere match up where both are equal skill players then it'd end up coming down to luck

Ghosthree3

11-25-2014

Quote:
DerpVoidTex:
but it's not fun getting half of your health reduced because of a crit, and lets say in a tryndamere match up where both are equal skill players then it'd end up coming down to luck

If you bring Tryn into your argument for Crit being unfair you'll just lose credibility. Don't go there.

GoldenTomat0

11-25-2014

"nerf damage because it gives them 100% chance of more damage whilst my crit only gives me x% chance of more damage"