Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Why is League of Legends becoming an anime?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dota2forthewin

11-25-2014

i dont really give a fu.ck about video teasers

JustTrash

11-25-2014

Quote:
Malygos:
And why should I care about an animation that tries too hard to look almost-Disney in appearance that is nothing like this champion will actually appear as in game?

This video is the equivalent of Riot making a 2 minute animation of Lee Sin meditating. He'd just be sitting there doing nothing, and on the off chance someone is actually like "Wow!!! That is so cool I want to do that!!!" They'd be disappointed by the fact that Lee Sin doesn't play like that at all.

Don't fall for it because it's 'flashy', Riot could have done a hell of a lot better with this reveal.

Who doesn't like anime?

-_-

Dota2forthewin

11-25-2014

Quote:
JustTrash:
Who doesn't like anime?

-_-

a lot of people

including me

i don't watch movies/tv series much unless i really like it

Silver5aruman

11-25-2014

Quote:
HeartVine:
Things could be worse. They could just release sh!t without saying a dam thing about it or notifying the community, but they don't. As for title, Anime is popular, why wouldn't Rito want to get money from that?

"They could just release **** without saying a **** thing about it or notifying the community"

Yeah, that would be crazy, right? Like imagine if they released the worst lore update in the history of gaming via the forums while ignoring any feedback.....

And popular =/= good, I know I'll offend some people because for some reason a lot of people who play LoL like shallow Japanese cartoons....

Silver5aruman

11-25-2014

Quote:
JustTrash:
Who doesn't like anime?

-_-

If I wanted to describe anime in two words I'd use your username. Storylines are cliche, they have no depth just like the physical animation. A lot of them have creepy **** too.

HeartVine

11-25-2014

Quote:
Silver5aruman:
"They could just release **** without saying a **** thing about it or notifying the community"

Yeah, that would be crazy, right? Like imagine if they released the worst lore update in the history of gaming via the forums while ignoring any feedback.....

They are two different things though. Riot told us those changes were happening prior to them happening, they just ignored everything anyone had to say about them.

SoresuMakashi

11-25-2014

Meh, it's not an inventive piece of storytelling, but I appreciate that Riot puts in the time to make stuff like this.

It's a hype-builder, not a work of literature. Stop taking it so seriously.

SoresuMakashi

11-25-2014

the weeb inside me knows I'd pay to watch a real League of Legends anime tho

Silver5aruman

11-25-2014

Quote:
SoresuMakashi:
Meh, it's not an inventive piece of storytelling, but I appreciate that Riot puts in the time to make stuff like this.

It's a hype-builder, not a work of literature. Stop taking it so seriously.

Yeah but it's a substitute for a work of literature

Silver5aruman

11-25-2014

Quote:
HeartVine:
They are two different things though. Riot told us those changes were happening prior to them happening, they just ignored everything anyone had to say about them.

I think I missed the part where Riot told us they were happening.... There were just 2-3 Rioters on the forums saying that the League of Legends was no longer canon despite being titular and then joking about it when criticised.