Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Why is League of Legends becoming an anime?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HeartVine

11-25-2014

Things could be worse. They could just release sh!t without saying a dam thing about it or notifying the community, but they don't. As for title, Anime is popular, why wouldn't Rito want to get money from that?

Lord Sesshomaru

11-25-2014

Quote:
Malygos:
And why should I care

You don't have to care, quite simple it is obviously aimed at people who do care

and anyway they are trying to mix things up, we had cave paintings for gnar, a zen scroll for Yasuo a 2d painted animation style for braum and a 3d animation for Azir.
so it only makes sense that the new video features a different style so they can appeal to as many different people as possible, if they just stuck with the same style the whole way through it would get a little old, and if you happened to not like that style then it might influence your opinion of the game.

my advice to you would be to grow up and accept graciously what we are given for free.

Roguestoney

11-25-2014

Quote:
Lord Sesshomaru:

my advice to you would be to grow up and accept graciously what we are given for free.

Here comes the battle; places everyone!

HeartVine

11-25-2014

Quote:
Roguestoney:
Here comes the battle; places everyone!

*grabs popcorn*

Dawaraven

11-25-2014

Quote:
HeartVine:
*grabs popcorn*

steals popcorn

HeartVine

11-25-2014

Quote:
Dawaraven:
steals popcorn

Whatever. Not like anything was happening anyway. Also, I ate it all already

Dawaraven

11-25-2014

Quote:
HeartVine:
Whatever. Not like anything was happening anyway. Also, I ate it all already

birds always eat my popcorn rip

PRIMAWESOME

11-25-2014

Quote:
Malygos:
And why should I care about an animation that tries too hard to look almost-Disney in appearance that is nothing like this champion will actually appear as in game?

This video is the equivalent of Riot making a 2 minute animation of Lee Sin meditating. He'd just be sitting there doing nothing, and on the off chance someone is actually like "Wow!!! That is so cool I want to do that!!!" They'd be disappointed by the fact that Lee Sin doesn't play like that at all.

Don't fall for it because it's 'flashy', Riot could have done a hell of a lot better with this reveal.

Wow haha. Nice troll post.

Spew

11-25-2014

**** anime

and **** man children

Kido

11-25-2014

Quote:
Malygos:
And why should I care about an animation that tries too hard to look almost-Disney in appearance that is nothing like this champion will actually appear as in game?

This video is the equivalent of Riot making a 2 minute animation of Lee Sin meditating. He'd just be sitting there doing nothing, and on the off chance someone is actually like "Wow!!! That is so cool I want to do that!!!" They'd be disappointed by the fact that Lee Sin doesn't play like that at all.

Don't fall for it because it's 'flashy', Riot could have done a hell of a lot better with this reveal.

You just compared League to Anime and Anime to Disney....

I'm not a weeaboo BUT Anime to does exceed Disney by a lot.