Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Yasuo and kalista op!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xivilai Anaxes

11-22-2014

Quote:
Crimson:
Why does everyone believe Yasuo is trash now? He's still one of the scariest hyper carries in the late-game, has one of the most synergistic ultimates, and he can still assassinate key targets with the use of the statikk shiv. You just have to base a team around him more than you used to, and is laning phase is just a little more poor.
Regarding to his 42% winrate in ranked, people are still trying to play him like before, and he just can't be played like he used to. It requires more care and more knowledge on what to do in a certain situation.

Malphite and galio both have "synergistic" ultimates but nobody plays them.

"Assassinate key targets with statikk shiv" LOL what the ****? Statikk shiv is a god**** fancy Phantom dancer not a ****ing DFG Syndra ult.

DatEpicPotato

11-22-2014

Quote:
Crimson:
Why does everyone believe Yasuo is trash now? He's still one of the scariest hyper carries in the late-game, has one of the most synergistic ultimates, and he can still assassinate key targets with the use of the statikk shiv. You just have to base a team around him more than you used to, and is laning phase is just a little more poor.
Regarding to his 42% winrate in ranked, people are still trying to play him like before, and he just can't be played like he used to. It requires more care and more knowledge on what to do in a certain situation.

The main reason why he is trash now is he is essentially an adc without any defence or range. Following 4 or 5 nerfs, he now has just about no defence as his shield regen from dashing was removed, his shield duration reduced, base health reduced by a whopping 50 and speed by 10. He can still initiate a teamfight like before with ult but now dies split seconds after landing since hard cc has always been one of his biggest counters. If people figured out how to play against yasuo instead of complaining earlier he probably would not be gutted to this state he is in now. Sigh.

Talon12

11-25-2014

I was fine with yas before the last nerf, now he isn't that great or fun to play anymore :C seriously i used to dive for first blood and all that with about 40 hp left(Because turret op), but now even if he does have like 150 hp left after finishing his reduced movement makes it so much harder to get out of the turret to safety, even before last nerf yeah could at least 1v2, now he is just 1v1. He is now a drunk man with no life.

DatEpicPotato

11-25-2014

Quote:
Talon12:
I was fine with yas before the last nerf, now he isn't that great or fun to play anymore :C seriously i used to dive for first blood and all that with about 40 hp left(Because turret op), but now even if he does have like 150 hp left after finishing his reduced movement makes it so much harder to get out of the turret to safety, even before last nerf yeah could at least 1v2, now he is just 1v1. He is now a drunk man with no life.

You know what's good about the nerf? My hoard of underplayed champs has now increase by 1

KingDinger

11-25-2014

....who said the yas had to go support?

you can pact with ANYONE...a roaming yas mid lane would net some decent kill potential post lvl 6. and lategame, he uses her ult to activate his ult...setting some some pretty epic plays. if we see kalista at pro level, i want to see atleast 1 team use kalyas combo.

DatEpicPotato

11-25-2014

Quote:
KingDinger:

you can pact with ANYONE...a roaming yas mid lane would net some decent kill potential post lvl 6. and lategame, he uses her ult to activate his ult...setting some some pretty epic plays. if we see kalista at pro level, i want to see atleast 1 team use kalyas combo.

First of all, yasuo mid is horrible, ESPECIALLY after the health and speed nerf, and secondly, by making the pact with yasuo, you deny yourself a LOT of playmaking potential, lane damage and killing power in general as you are now only half as effective if yasuo loses his lane or is pressured. Kalista can ONLY pact either her support or jungler, otherwise it's simply too risky.

Xivilai Anaxes

11-25-2014

Quote:
KingDinger:

If you don't bind your support, you lose out on a tonne of lane presence without your % damage passive.