Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

"Update Failed" 4.20 Patch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AkumaSakamaki

11-21-2014

I am having a very big problem with my League. My league will stop updating at 32% every time I try to download the latest 4.20 patch. It always comes up saying "Update Failed, Unspecified error occurred. Please check the logs for more information." I have repaired, un-installed and re-installed my League -to which it still comes up with "Update Failed"- and I have shut down and logged back on to my computer before I re-installed League. I clicked on an option where I could "Continue" or "Send Logs," when I clicked "Send Logs," it came up with an option to download and install "DigitalPLay" -I believe- and even when this was "installed" League still did not work. My League was working fine before this patch and nothing like this has ever happened before to me, I can't be the only one and I have tried everything I can think of to make it work. Please help me find a way to make my League work.

EDIT: Go to this website and select "Force a Re-Patch." it seems to be working for me https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/202969434-Patching-Issues

Sorix Khaos

11-22-2014

So has this been fixed yet?

If not, this is a helpful BUMP for you.

AkumaSakamaki

11-23-2014

No, it was working then the same thing happened again saying that the update had failed. I am really stuck for what else to do. If you can help or make a suggestion I'll try it out.

Riddles101

11-25-2014

i had this same problem my download would stop at 32% with 2.8mb left but today i found the problem and finished my download. well my problem was that i use my phones hotspot for internet acces witch has always worked for me in the past but i thought i would try a wifi network instead of my hotspot and this worked for me so it must have something to do with that im not too sure but it (FINALLY DOWNLOADED THE PATCH) i hope this helps some of yous with this same problem