Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Noob needs help!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Telecasterdude

11-18-2014

I've been on tilt really hard lately and I'm thinking of switching roles. From support to something more carry oriented, what role is the best to carry the game in? Both early and late game.

Thanks guys!

lols

11-18-2014

Hello Summoner,

It is a shame to hear about your tilt. It happens to all of us and can truly be a horrible experience. I myself reached a slump not long ago. I wasn't able to perform at my usual ability whether it was against high elo or low elo. I wasn't landing anything. So I had to recompose myself and now my I'm back at winning games with a 3/1/16 KDA at diamond elo.

Now to answer your question. I myself am a high elo support. This coming season I plan to only play support to challenger after successfully making it to Plat 1. So hopefully placing will be lucky for me. Whilst support, can be seen as not carries. In all honesty, they are the real carries. Because a supports job is to make sure that your team is safe and sound so that they can carry. Which ultimately comes back to you carrying as you're the one protecting them. That's why I play support. I get the most enjoyment out of making good plays and coming out on top. Even if it's a bank bot lane and we get a triple kill for none. The satisfaction of knowing that you protected your carry and they were able to get a triple out of it.

But what I've heard from a lot of people, in Challenger tier to is that the pet peeve of supports is the inability to kill. Not because they can't, but because the rest of the team seems to condone them from doing so. The typical bronze response of "supports aren't supposed to get kills" comes into my mind. That's why a lot of people dislike playing support. Because they can't get kills and can't get that godly 25/0/13 KDA that can make you feel and look like Faker.

In my mind, the best carry role is mid. Whether it's AP or AD I don't really think matters (put situationally that is). The best thing about mid to me is the ability to be everywhere on the map. When I think of mid, I think of the centre and when I think of centre I think the centre of attention. In the mid lane, you have access to the top lane, jungle and the bot lane. You are able to give a fair amount of control over baron and dragon situationally. That is why I love mid lane.

But the success of the mid lane can vary situationally. The best way to utilise the mid lane is to be able to manage your ability to roam to other lanes and jungles. I generally have a golden rule of only roaming once I have pushed a cleared a wave. On top of that I have a second golden rule of only roaming after I clear the canon wave. I also tend to make a roam around buff timers and depending on who I'm playing the opposing jungles buff timer.

When it comes to roaming to another lane. You need to be decisive about which lane you want to roam to. Don't just pick one lane and then quickly change directions and go to the other lane. Before you leave lane, look at what lane has the best kill potential and best position (poor enemy positioning) for you to gank.

I hope this helps summoner.

If you have any further queries feel free to add me in-game under this IGN. =]

Telecasterdude

11-18-2014

Quote:
lols:
Hello Summoner,

It is a shame to hear about your tilt. It happens to all of us and can truly be a horrible experience. I myself reached a slump not long ago. I wasn't able to perform at my usual ability whether it was against high elo or low elo. I wasn't landing anything. So I had to recompose myself and now my I'm back at winning games with a 3/1/16 KDA at diamond elo.

Now to answer your question. I myself am a high elo support. This coming season I plan to only play support to challenger after successfully making it to Plat 1. So hopefully placing will be lucky for me. Whilst support, can be seen as not carries. In all honesty, they are the real carries. Because a supports job is to make sure that your team is safe and sound so that they can carry. Which ultimately comes back to you carrying as you're the one protecting them. That's why I play support. I get the most enjoyment out of making good plays and coming out on top. Even if it's a bank bot lane and we get a triple kill for none. The satisfaction of knowing that you protected your carry and they were able to get a triple out of it.

But what I've heard from a lot of people, in Challenger tier to is that the pet peeve of supports is the inability to kill. Not because they can't, but because the rest of the team seems to condone them from doing so. The typical bronze response of "supports aren't supposed to get kills" comes into my mind. That's why a lot of people dislike playing support. Because they can't get kills and can't get that godly 25/0/13 KDA that can make you feel and look like Faker.

In my mind, the best carry role is mid. Whether it's AP or AD I don't really think matters (put situationally that is). The best thing about mid to me is the ability to be everywhere on the map. When I think of mid, I think of the centre and when I think of centre I think the centre of attention. In the mid lane, you have access to the top lane, jungle and the bot lane. You are able to give a fair amount of control over baron and dragon situationally. That is why I love mid lane.

But the success of the mid lane can vary situationally. The best way to utilise the mid lane is to be able to manage your ability to roam to other lanes and jungles. I generally have a golden rule of only roaming once I have pushed a cleared a wave. On top of that I have a second golden rule of only roaming after I clear the canon wave. I also tend to make a roam around buff timers and depending on who I'm playing the opposing jungles buff timer.

When it comes to roaming to another lane. You need to be decisive about which lane you want to roam to. Don't just pick one lane and then quickly change directions and go to the other lane. Before you leave lane, look at what lane has the best kill potential and best position (poor enemy positioning) for you to gank.

I hope this helps summoner.

If you have any further queries feel free to add me in-game under this IGN. =]

Thanks man! I'll start watching some mid laner guides, see if I can carry like Faker senpai

Devil God King

11-20-2014

Mid lane. Most map control potential. Collapse their tower as soon as possible and drag rest of team in tunnel vision on nexus up mid as soon as possible.