Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Mac High Ping / Attempting to Reconnect Issue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rabbzy

11-16-2014

This is my first ever thread please take it easy on me :P

Over the last couple of weeks I have noticed severe issues within my Ping while playing LoL OCE on a Mac. I have never really experienced Ping issues and most of the time when I play not many other people are downloading or using substantial amounts of internet at the same time.

The issue: When I join a game my ping will jump from 30 - 1000 non stop and very quickly (1 second it could be 80, the next it could be 500). Furthermore, when my ping is anywhere over 50ish it continously states "Attempting to Reconnect" not allowing me to move, type in chat or play LoL in any way. Also to note, while experiencing this issue I have consistently ran speedtests on the internet and receiving a constant 23-30 ping, meanwhile reaching 1000 in LoL at the same time. This issue can happen over many games, with the odd lucky game where I won't be lagging.

I've been researching this very annoying issue non stop for the past 2 weeks and seen many issues similar to mine. If it is a Riot server based issue I hope it is fixed asap, especially before S5.

ANY help or possible solutions would be highly appreciated, I just need some sought of feedback

Your man Rabbzy!

Cicada

11-21-2014

I don't know if its exactly the same as your issue from reading your post but I have been disconnecting at least 2 times a game for 3-5 seconds before it returns. I have no idea what would be causing this. I thought I wouldn't mind it and it would probably get fixed eventually but its already cost me some games by disconnecting in crucial teamfights.

House Face

11-22-2014

i have this exact same problem, i have NBN and my connection is continuously stable - i play other games and never get ping spikes AT ALL, yet on league lately ive been getting random spikes up to between 600-1000 ping. It clearly seems like there might be something wrong with the Mac version of league, unless people running windows are experiencing this too?