Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Bronzie stuck in elo hell :(

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

D1ld0Baggins

11-15-2014

Hi everyone,
I've been playing LoL for a few months now and have about 70 ranked wins. The trouble is I lose more than I win even though I have positive scores and usually do the most damage on my team. I main Xerath for mid lane and Shaco for jungle. Even when I am carrying the team I don't often win matches.

Often when i'm playing xerath my team will go off at me for not doing more even though my abilities are on cd. I don't understand what I should be doing different to help win matches more often.

I tend to have the only wards on the map and try and push objectives whenever possible. I reached B4 a couple weeks ago but was demoted again after a 5 game loss streak. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I try and always ping for MIA and caution when I see someone being ganked and am usually the first to roam when the other mid laner has backed.

Any advice on champ selection or strategy would be a great help. I am trying to carry myself out of bronze but am having no success. At the moment i'm stuck in B5 with 0LP.
please help

http://matchhistory.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-history/OC1/201081973

Kartoffeln

11-15-2014

You might have the ability to get yourself fed and dish out damage, but are you being what your team needs? I have never done ranked in bronze, but I imagine that the comps there are not as good as some of the higher ELOs. For instance, do you end up on a lot of teams which are quite low in CC or have low engaging power? It doesn't matter how fed you get, or how much you can carry if that team does not have the tools to beat the other team during team fights.

LOKI3974

11-15-2014

The above post has pretty much nailed it. In low ELO games it doesn't come down to damage as much as it does to CC (Crowd Control). For example there's no point having a team of 5 full build burst APC's if your team gets stun-locked for 5-10 seconds and can't use that lovely 800 AP.
Your preferred pick appears to be Xerath who lacks reliable CC and damage as most of his damage come from thin skill shots and one of his spells needs to charge up to do it's full damage, not a good spot to be in if a fight breaks out when your unprepared. He fits into more of a siege composition if paired with champs like nidalee, varus and blitzcrak.
In bronze-gold you want champs with easy reliable damage, which is why katarina is so popular atm and/or great utility, such as orianna and ziggs who share both these traits.
I personally main utility jungle and find playing a massive peeling tank with hard CC like my naut, far more effective than picking kha, rengar or elise and trying to dive the enemy team.

Not saying xerath isn't a good pick, he's a great safe pick for anyone but he relies very heavily on your team to lock down the enemy team with CC so you can land all you skill shots.
For example. Your team has leona and malphite foe CC, xerath woul;d work fine here. But lets say you have a thresh(Yes he has hard CC but the box is harder to land on a full team) and that's all, xerath would be far less effective due to lack of HARD! CC
But go with what you like bra cos it's all about the enjoyment. But if you really wanna escape bronze your gonna need to change your mid champs depending on what your team has to offer.

Devil God King

11-17-2014

Learn how to play 4v4 team games in RTS genre'd games to learn how to communicate and coordinate properly with others.

D1ld0Baggins

11-18-2014

Thanks guys. I have had a look at some of my games and saw that we often didn't have a great team fighting comp. I think I'll start to play more champs so i can be more versatile in my roles.
Thanks for the good advice. Also I magaged to carry myself up to B4 now lol. One step up the ladder Thanks

Devil God King

11-20-2014

(discern who the most skilled player on your team is and follow their call perceived or otherwise in absolution)

Gary Biaggi

11-25-2014

really in bronze and silver just mute all chat and your team, learn a few champions each role and carry, most teams lose in bronze due to in fighting, saw that all the time in season 1, once you ignore chat your team tends to just follow up on anything you do

Gary Biaggi

11-25-2014

also you can just play WW and free win to gold in a pretty short time, shaco feels very weak in new jungle and if youre not counter jungling or ganking at almost all times youre going to get screwed, if you go on like a 3 lose streak or more go play a fun non competitive game and come back later or another day