Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Completely reset Ranked stats.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WreckedX

11-14-2014

Hey fellow League gamers,

I and many others I know have been stuck in bronze since season 1, we have improved greatly since then and we find ourselves carrying most games only to have other players who are new, feed, therefore handing any half decent opposition an easy win.

To rectify this problem I send a request to Riots support asking if there was any way that they could put an item in the shop we can buy with Riot Points, completely erasing our Ranked stats, and giving us 10 new placement matches, (Not as in 10 new matches at the start of a season that still takes your previous season into account, fresh as in a brand new level 30, still with all your normal games stats.)

They responded to me and suggested I make a forum post and open it to general discussion as they think it is a system that may be used and abused (As posted below this paragraph), however I think that 1 reset per account only is a way of stopping it being abused. Please only leave genuine comments as I would love feedback.

Response from Riot support:

Thanks for writing this request in to us, and glad to hear that you've bee improving during your stint in Bronze. Getting the option to purchase a fresh start for ranked is a pretty interesting idea that I've never heard of before, but I'm not sure if that's viable. It looks like that system would be open to a lot of abuse if released in that form, and would need further refinement before it's released out for prototyping.

It might actually be best if you posted this on the forums instead--get some fresh ideas for it from other players and all that.

Kind regards,
WreckedX
OCE.

Claire Farron

11-14-2014

To be honest, i agree about this being abused over and over. Now imagine a bronze 5 rich kid who's the parents won't care if he spend their money just because they're rich as fk, can keep resetting his ranked stats over and over until he gets to the rank that he wants. It's a good idea, can be abusive, so maybe put a high price on it, like really high lol.

WreckedX

11-14-2014

That is why my suggestion is put a time limit or a once per account limit, I think a 6month time limit would be perfect for it. You can only purchase one every 6 months.

Godlikenot

11-14-2014

Seems like a perfectly viable option for people who have been playing for a while and i can understand exactly how a 6 month time frame would work, the only question would be what would happen to stats, would it reset your ranked stats with champions played but what type of price would it be, same as most champions, about 975rp (if i remember correctly) or do you think it would be better at the same price as a legendary skin or even one of the ultimate ones, just because it is completely resetting your mmr, and how would it calculate new mmr, would it base it off of wins in the data base from before level 30 or would it be based of your wins since you became 30

Superbia

11-14-2014

I highly doubt that you've improved greatly if you've been stuck in bronze since season 1.

Talon12

11-14-2014

Yea there are lots of people who would love to do this over and over until they get the rank they want, there fore abusing it, but 6 month wait maybe, 2 charges 1 every 6 months that's it, for the season. But to use it they must have played at least 50 ranked games?

SMBC

11-16-2014

put a minimum 100 ranked games played atleast.

and at most once per season. otherwise anyone in bronze would just reroll in the last weeks every season and get silver rewards for free...

WreckedX

11-17-2014

Im enjoying these suggestions, I think a minimum number of ranked games played in that season is smart, I haven't put any thought into how much this would cost, I guess that would be entirely up to riot if they chose to put an option like this into the Riot store. And SMBC there would have to be a cut off point to when you could do it regarding the end of a season.

BluRage

11-22-2014

Hey all.

I saw this post and I think I have a couple of ideas to help out with it because as you said it could be easily abused. Make it so that you can only have one reset per season, at the start of the season. So this way each season you could get a chance to do better. So for instance since we're in pre-season at the moment this would be the time where you are preparing for ranked, practicing new champs, experimenting with the new jungle and how things all fit (at least I know I am) so as soon as pre-season ends you can buy the item. This way you don't do your placement's, find out you don't like your rank and then purchase the item. You have to do it at the start of a season before you play any ranked. This way you wouldn't get people abusing the system. I think this would be the best way to go about it.

Thoughts?

Talon12

11-23-2014

Meh just charge 500 Rp per charge, must have played 150 ranked games to buy, only allowed 1 per season