Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Summoners Rift Update performance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheGellman

11-14-2014

How do i contact riot quickly?

Akuen

11-14-2014

Running everything on max, I used to get 200+ fps. In the new SR, I spike from 160-260 when there's no other units around. With other units around (enemy players/creeps/etc) I sit around 110. Kind of disgusting frame drop when you consider that the map is meant to run "the same, if not better" than the old map.

If I drop all my settings to low, I spike between 260-360fps.

Attached my DxDiag dump.

DxDiag.txt

Maraudaur

Community Coordinator

11-15-2014

Thank you all for providing feedback or logs. We're actively investigating a couple leads and will continue to keep you posted with the latest updates.

Quote:
How do i contact riot quickly?

Best way would be through support. https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us

ManKit the noob

11-15-2014

sometimes in the new map it gives me more then 4k ping pls fix that

Maraudaur

Community Coordinator

11-17-2014

Quick update!

Thank you all for the helping us track down these issues.

We've been able to identify some potential causes of the hitching and major FPS-drop-spikes that many of you have reported. This has allowed us to make progress on a couple of improvements we believe should reduce these problems and help with overall performance. We're looking to get these out to you all in a small patch soon.

We will continue to look into additional ways to improve performance further with the hope that we'll be able to roll out more optimizations in future updates.

Thank you again for helping us understand these issues. I'll continue to update this thread with updates as they come through!

Akuen

11-17-2014

Quote:
Riot Maraudaur:
This has allowed us to make progress on a couple of improvements we believe should reduce these problems and help with overall performance. We're looking to get these out to you all in a small patch soon.

Out of curiosity, what was the problem/the fix put in place?

Maraudaur

Community Coordinator

11-18-2014

Our hotfix patch was sent out this morning.

For those of you who are experiencing poor performance on the update to Summoner's Rift, please give playing on the new rift a try after downloading this patch.

If these fixes are improving your performance or if you are still encountering issues please let us know. Thanks again for your patience and for your help in tracking down these issues.

LarryJenkinsXD

11-18-2014

I can barely play anymore. I have my graphics all on very low and it runs at about 20 FPS in lane and about 5 in teamfights. On the old map i had a constant 30-40 FPS. I do have an idea about what you could do to fix this problem. Can you please just put an option in the graphics menu that makes it turn into the old map so that me and probably many other people can still play the Summoners Rift gamemode. Thank you for reading and please think about putting this setting into the game so that people with low end computers can still play on Summoners Rift.

Maraudaur

Community Coordinator

11-18-2014

Hey LarryJenkinsXD,

Have you tried playing on the new Rift today? We have fixed a few issues with the new map.

The new Summoners Rift should be working as good as (if not better) than the old summoners rift. If you continue to have problems it would be super helpful if you followed the directions in my first post.

Klavinmour

11-18-2014

Quote:
LarryJenkinsXD:
I can barely play anymore. I have my graphics all on very low and it runs at about 20 FPS in lane and about 5 in teamfights. On the old map i had a constant 30-40 FPS. I do have an idea about what you could do to fix this problem. Can you please just put an option in the graphics menu that makes it turn into the old map so that me and probably many other people can still play the Summoners Rift gamemode. Thank you for reading and please think about putting this setting into the game so that people with low end computers can still play on Summoners Rift.

They can't do that. There are some minor tweaks to pathing in the new Summoner's Rift that makes hugging walls and nooks easier and more roomy. The old graphics of SR doesn't fit over the new mesh.