Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Summoners Rift Update performance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iSentient

11-13-2014

I find it disturbing that the new map was said to be toaster friendly but it is making high end machines frame rates in certain situations drop below 100 frames.. my pc isn't high end but it isnt a toaster either. riot needs to realise that people have spent real money on this game and that they can't just dump a new map into the game and then disregard people that can no longer run it because of terrible optimization..i think this whole process has been extremely rushed and poorly implemented.

JustTrash

11-13-2014

^ And we also can't change it just because of one person.

Deal. With. It.

Claire Farron

11-14-2014

http://awesomescreenshot.com/0a53uehzc5

Yeah riot, my fps dropped from 100ish to 10ish :c

Dawaraven

11-14-2014

ok you need to evacuate your system 32 to do this grab an ipad and put it in the CD drive on your computer. Once this is done the system 32 will escape from the ipad which will rerout the capacitors and calibrate the network so that your wifi is discombobulated and you may experience brief disruptions in signal during this time. Also your computer may be overheat so you need to get blue mountain dew and pour it into your fan to make it cool down make sure you wear safety goggles mountain dew splatter is a serious health hazard.

Once this is done your computer may be too cold so put it in the microwave/ or your oven if it doesnt fit karate chop in half and do each half seperately. Cook until it turns golden brown then re assemble the 2 parts using twist ties.

If this doesnt work I dont know you most be stupid or something.

Rìven

11-14-2014

I dont understand why so many people are having issues, not one person i have spoken to has any fps issues, in fact they're running it smoother?

Red Arrow

11-14-2014

Sorry, but as much as I've been trying to defend Riot on this matter, the map actually plays like a steaming hot turd.

EDIT: In all seriousness, though, if these issues continue when it's in full release I'll be forced to have to quit LoL until I can afford to build a new comp.

iSentient

11-14-2014

Quote:
itsHurricane:
Sorry, but as much as I've been trying to defend Riot on this matter, the map actually plays like a steaming hot turd.

EDIT: In all seriousness, though, if these issues continue when it's in full release I'll be forced to have to quit LoL until I can afford to build a new comp.

Me too, if it comes to that i will not return to LoL even when i get a pc that could run it, no company should treat their players in that manner (Not assuming they arn't trying everything to make all players have an enjoyable experience on the new SR)

The moral of the story is and my biggest gripe is that players that could run the game with no dramas on the old map are now facing the possibility of having to stop playing when this new map comes out because it tanks FPS rates on alot of players pcs when it really shouldnt be anymore resource hungry..

Also to the people saying its only 1 person having issues, you should actually get your facts right before typing anything.

Red Arrow

11-14-2014

Quote:
iSentient:
Me too, if it comes to that i will not return to LoL even when i get a pc that could run it, no company should treat their players in that manner (Not assuming they arn't trying everything to make all players have an enjoyable experience on the new SR)

The moral of the story is and my biggest gripe is that players that could run the game with no dramas on the old map are now facing the possibility of having to stop playing when this new map comes out because it tanks FPS rates on alot of players pcs when it really shouldnt be anymore resource hungry..

Also to the people saying its only 1 person having issues, you should actually get your facts right before typing anything.

Yeah. Well my BIGGEST beef with the update is that Riot made things so overkill with no way to actually disable them. Like they're all like "hurr derr so much optimizing", yet there's random sh*t like nexuses and inhibs floating and spinning around everywhere that provides no actual benefit to players. I JUST GOT MY FPS TO BE STABLE ON CURRENT SR AT AROUND 60 FPS. My comp is from 2011 and I probably do need to upgrade to a new one, but I want to do that when I have the time to get a job and earn the money so I can get the components to build one that will list me another four years - not because Riot screwed me over. I'm a Full Time uni student right now - that is my occupation right now and LoL is what I do in my spare time. Replacing my spare time with work to get something to use in my spare time doesn't work at a conceptual level.

Your Neighbour

11-14-2014

No frame rate issues here... but just something about certain skillshots and the tower shots... Have you seen Lux's Lucent Singularity on the new map? It's almost invisible for the first second. Maybe give the skill more contrast and not make it blend into the map so much?

And the tower shots are pretty subtle too, played two games have seen people dived and not realise the tower was hitting them and gave me free kills, happy with free kills, but I just don't think the transparency on tower shots is justified.

By the way love the jungle camp HP counts, takes a lot of guess work out of last hitting

FusionPredz

11-14-2014

Yeah, i face really bad FPS issues when i got into crowded areas with players and also in the jungle. Im running on the lowest graphical settings. No fun playing like this.