Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

How do you play Riven?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dRiven Insane

11-11-2014

Quote:
Floob:
Not to mention that animation canceling isn't actually that difficult to do once you get the hang of it.

id like to see you do the quick q combo lol thats like the hardest thing ive tried in league

and having an easy build doesnt make her easy. you say hp is the only thing to manage but look up her hp regen..its next to 0. plus once you play her alot you learn there are like 4 situational builds that each work best in certain situations

hi im neko

11-11-2014

just dive level 6 gg

Akuen

11-11-2014

Basically, Riven is the Eddie of League.

SEKAI

11-11-2014

Quote:
dRiven Insane:
id like to see you do the quick q combo lol thats like the hardest thing ive tried in league

and having an easy build doesnt make her easy. you say hp is the only thing to manage but look up her hp regen..its next to 0. plus once you play her alot you learn there are like 4 situational builds that each work best in certain situations

Riven really isn't hard to get around playing in a starter level while actually doing something productive for the team.

If you want someone who is of higher skill cap from the get go, pls see Mordekaiser.

You start with somewhat low hp and you lose them with every single damage you deal (shield is weak until some items or levels in) because your auto is genuinely worthless, you have no mobility at all besides your summoner, no cc, you push waves as your core mechanics making you vulnerable to ganks 80% of the laning phase, you can only rek if teamfights happen completely or mostly stationary without much chasing etc etc.

That's a hard to get go champ, Riven is alright.

Floob

11-11-2014

Quote:
dRiven Insane:

HP is the only thing to manage. She has low HP regen, so all you have to do is try to not take damage, and/or block as much of it as possible with your shield.

Put it like this; animation canceling is not something I've ever had trouble with. Get used to where the damage happens in the animation, press Q again as the damage happens (ideally just before if you are counting Ping and so on). Practice the timing on minions in a custom game or something.

dRiven Insane

11-11-2014

Quote:
Floob:
HP is the only thing to manage. She has low HP regen, so all you have to do is try to not take damage, and/or block as much of it as possible with your shield.

Put it like this; animation canceling is not something I've ever had trouble with. Get used to where the damage happens in the animation, press Q again just before the damage happens. Practice the timing on minions in a custom game or something.

look up the quick q combo then try to do it. You dont know what im talking about. its not the normal aa, q to cancel aa animation, rinse and repeat. Its aa, q to cancel animation the move click and attack click to cancel q animation then aa again. repeat. so hard to do consistantly

Dawaraven

11-11-2014

Quote:
GoldenTomat0:
go hard or go home assassin. all damage, all the time. 19 arpen runes so full build i reach 49 flat arpen.

Im probably wrong here but I know for shaco I run AD because flat AD benefits more than armpen because of crit and his e scales with AD but does magic dmg.

Would the same not apply to riven? her shield scales from AD

Dota2forthewin

11-11-2014

use your ult to ks and make it look like ou have a good score

Dawaraven

11-11-2014

Add rainbow she good riven

Fluffy Mojo

11-12-2014

I don't play Riven but my mate mains her......
the #1 thing he as always said to me is to NEVER build tank Riven. Ever.