Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS


How do you play Riven?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dRiven Insane

Junior Member

11-11-2014

Ask This Noob Riven.
by far best riven OCE
And whats with all the hate for riven? if you think she is like ryze you guys are really bad at her lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MidnightFox

Senior Member

11-11-2014

Quote:
dRiven Insane:
Ask This Noob Riven.
by far best riven OCE
And whats with all the hate for riven? if you think she is like ryze you guys are really bad at her lol

I love how people think she's bad after her nerf, then someone feeds u as riven and then preceding to say riven is trash 1v1 me...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vQwaKe

Senior Member

11-11-2014

Quote:
TempName004:
hi friend, lick window, roll face across keyboard, your welcome

Are you ESP Amazlanfjerbhfbakenwjkf?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dRiven Insane

Junior Member

11-11-2014

Quote:
MidnightFox:
I love how people think she's bad after her nerf, then someone feeds u as riven and then preceding to say riven is trash 1v1 me...

I mean that people think she takes no skill when she has a really high skill cap


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vQwaKe

Senior Member

11-11-2014

Quote:
dRiven Insane:
I mean that people think she takes no skill when she has a really high skill cap

If you watch boxbox's streams... wow. Mechanix m8


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SEKAI

Senior Member

11-11-2014

Quote:
dRiven Insane:
I mean that people think she takes no skill when she has a really high skill cap

You can't deny she takes no skill to play at all, considering her kit was made with spamming at its core.

High skill cap? Maybe no doubt about that, still, prerequisite on her is still mostly none besides the basic of the game like last hitting and all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dRiven Insane

Junior Member

11-11-2014

Quote:
SEKAI:
You can't deny she takes no skill to play at all, considering her kit was made with spamming at its core.

High skill cap? Maybe no doubt about that, still, prerequisite on her is still mostly none besides the basic of the game like last hitting and all.

anyone can play any champ. being good or even not retarded as riven takes a fair amount of animation canceling and timing of passive stacks


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Floob

Senior Member

11-11-2014

Quote:
dRiven Insane:
anyone can play any champ. being good or even not retarded as riven takes a fair amount of animation canceling and timing of passive stacks


Yeah, relative to other champs, she is pretty far down on the "you need to have skillz to play this champ" list.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SEKAI

Senior Member

11-11-2014

Quote:
dRiven Insane:
anyone can play any champ. being good or even not retarded as riven takes a fair amount of animation canceling and timing of passive stacks

By elementary level of playing I am pretty sure most people know that it means "play and actually be somewhat useful", because it doesn't take 2 IQ to know that you can select and play any champ you own.

She doesn't have any kind of resource management other than her hp, her cd are not all that long to be significant to begin with. She only has 1 type of scaling, and that also scales with her defences. (not saying you don't need to manage her cd but it's not detrimental if you miscount the cd.)

So literally all you need to build is just AD after AD, it really isn't hard to get around playing as her and be somewhat effective.

You don't need to animation cancel to be average, as long as you remember to aa in between the spells.

Sure mastering her can be awesome and I applaud anyone who does that, but really you can't deny her skill floor is indeed very low.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Floob

Senior Member

11-11-2014

Quote:
SEKAI:
You don't need to animation cancel to be average, as long as you remember to aa in between the spells.


Not to mention that animation canceling isn't actually that difficult to do once you get the hang of it. That, and it's more of a general mechanical skill, and saying that Riven is has a high skill cap because of it is totally meaningless.