Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Why do I always fail as shaco? Farm : Gank ratio

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Manuu

11-11-2014

Hey guys! I absolutely love Shaco and his abilities, however whenever I play him (Except 1 time) my KDA is like 5 18 7, with me being the lowest level and having most deaths.

I have played him about 10 times and maybe improved a little bit but really not at all. Most of my games I loose.

I have watched loads of high tier vids on him and I try to do what they do but all my ganks fail.

This is my usual path thing:

1. Stack boxes at red (3)
2. Put fourth at the wraith ( I think that's what they are called)
3. Kill red smite it
4. Go to wraiths place another box kill 3 minis leave the big one
5. Try to gank mid or if I can't I go to my blue
6. After blue I go b or try gank mid/top
7. Try gank a lot

I think my main problem is that I don't farm enough and gank too much which most I fail :/ How much should I be ganking compared to farming?

Thank you so much!
IGN - manuu

Manuu

11-11-2014

Bumb

lols

11-11-2014

Clear your first buff as you stated. Go to the enemy buff and steal that and or place a deep ward. Most of the time you may be able to draw first blood off the enemy jungler. Gank lanes as you go in-between each jungle quarter.

BarryButcher

11-11-2014

You're level 19.

You have to remember that level 30 people have 30 mastery points and full rune pages of tier 3 runes. (you haven't even unlocked tier 3 runes yet).

Runes and Masteries help ALOT when jungling.

You should be upgrading your machete to a Madreds on your first back.

Looking at your games you seem to have over 10 deaths on most champions you play. Don't think its a Shaco thing. Think you just need to learn more about how to play in general bud. Don't worry about it buddy. I'm still terrible and i've been playing for a while now.

To answer your question, Shaco is strong early because of his ability to go invis and pop up randomly in lanes.
He should Gank a lot early (like 2mins - 6mins).

Also don't be afraid to find the enemy jungler in their jungle if they are playing a weak jungler

Manuu

11-11-2014

Ok thank you that helped a lot

Manuu

11-11-2014

Quote:
BarryButcher:
You're level 19.

You have to remember that level 30 people have 30 mastery points and full rune pages of tier 3 runes. (you haven't even unlocked tier 3 runes yet).

Runes and Masteries help ALOT when jungling.

You should be upgrading your machete to a Madreds on your first back.

Looking at your games you seem to have over 10 deaths on most champions you play. Don't think its a Shaco thing. Think you just need to learn more about how to play in general bud. Don't worry about it buddy. I'm still terrible and i've been playing for a while now.

To answer your question, Shaco is strong early because of his ability to go invis and pop up randomly in lanes.
He should Gank a lot early (like 2mins - 6mins).

Also don't be afraid to find the enemy jungler in their jungle if they are playing a weak jungler

With this advice I had a fantastic game! Went 25 11 16 or something (We did loose but still memerable as a awesome early game and getting fed!) I still died a lot however most of these where mid - late game from a fed xin

lols

11-12-2014

Quote:
Manuu:
With this advice I had a fantastic game! Went 25 11 16 or something (We did loose but still memerable as a awesome early game and getting fed!) I still died a lot however most of these where mid - late game from a fed xin

Hello, I am currently levelling up this account so if you want to play a couple games with me I can assist you with Shaco and anything else.

Manuu

11-12-2014

Quote:
lols:
Hello, I am currently levelling up this account so if you want to play a couple games with me I can assist you with Shaco and anything else.

Yea I would love to! What's your ign? What time zone?

TerenceMckenna2g

11-16-2014

Stack 4 at buff, then either wraiths/wolves, then other buff.
go gank
ping that you are going in to gank
deceive in from Fog
ping attack while your moving in
get behind enemy your ganking
place box in their escape (behind them towards their tower)
auto them for crit (try to do from behind cause extra damage)
use shiv to slow them while they go over box
kill

or

they flash
walk into fog again
wait for cooldowns
they come back to lane with <50% hp
repeat