Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

How to deal with Caitlyn as Draven?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moohea

11-09-2014

Whenever I'm against a Caitlyn as Draven, I have a lot of difficulty, long poke, safe csing. She can't out trade me, but I can't go in because the support will do a lots of damage or cc me and minion attack as well, in the end I completely lose the trade. She can CS so easily while poking me at the same time, I do dodge her skill shots. I find it really hard just to handle her poke, can someone help me? ): I also have similar problems as Varus but Caitlyn mainly.

What even counters Caitlyn, she has longest range at start I can't think of a single champion that counters her decently. Except for "skill".

BarryButcher

11-09-2014

Draven vs Caitlyn/Varus (long range), you don't go in for trades or poke. You have too go for "all-ins". If you catch your axes, you can easily win an extended duel with a caitlyn.

However like you said, its difficult to avoid the support CC and other factors.

The fact is you are having problems because Caitlyn and Varus are direct counters to Draven. So it will alwasy be a bad match for him.

You either need a support like Blitcrank or Thresh who can hook the Caitlyn still for the all-in or a support with a heal/shield, to help deal with the poke.

TerenceMckenna2g

11-16-2014

Cait is 95% AA reliant. Attack from brush to break sight to stop her from retaliating