Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Community attitude OCE.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keith Espinosa

10-28-2014

The Entire Community needs to look at its attitude. OCE. – Response to calls for name/shame, tribunal.Recently I read several threads here about the tribunal, toxicity and player directed punitive measures. I need to point out that most of you sound like children. When no doubt you are at least teenagers. A response to the players, from a player. No responsible adult would trust a child to punish its classmates. It is a good thing that alternatives to the tribunal are being examined.

First up. People should not be commenting about Riot ignoring the Australian anti bully laws. Half of you people will on whim vindictively attack players who are playing poorly in a game. Your "tribunal" more often than not just results in a player spam voting people as guilty. Riot has NO legal responsibility to maintain player behaviour.
Let me tell you a story, one that will sound familiar, aboutAN ACTUAL PROBLEM- Smurfs and peoples attitude.

People like to claim that other players are bad, but have you considered that they are just outmatched? Recently I played a normal game (as a B1 player), my team was most likely B3-S3. My opponent’s team had a Platinum 5 jungle (J4). People wanted to report Midlane (Malz) for feeding. When being significantly out matched and camped by an enemy jungle. He asked for a lane swap, but top refused not wanting to fight the “Fed” enemy mid after first blood was passed over. This midlaner eventually afkd because of the teams abuse. The people that abused him had claimed things like "I can't climb because of trolls/feeders", "This person is a troll/feeder" in all chat and during the game after he afked. These are the same types of people that demand “Rioto, please bring back tribunal people must be punished” - People like you, those who post for tribunal or name and shame. Does this sound fair? Does this sound like a just situation to punish the malz? That malz undoubtedly got reported 3 or more times that game. Tribunal would have just resulted in a punish vote. Most players who did tribunal did not invest more than a few clicks of punishment to all. It also fails to pick up players who show the negative aspects of what is an otherwise decent community. The players on malz’s team, probably would have gotten away with bullying a player out of the game.
This is why Naming and shaming is a dreadful policy, it is why alternatives to the tribunal need to be considered. The player community cannot be relied upon to be supportive IN GAME It makes me so happy that the Name and Shame push is abhorred by Riot. I’m also pretty happy that they are reviewing tribunal.

From all the complaints people make about “Constant Trolls & Feeders” it would seem that they are just coming up with unskilled/unprepared players on their teams in most of the cases. Even these instances are rarer than people make it out to be. Statistically they benefit you more than they do not – 5 chances of the enemy team getting a troll/feeder/unskilled newby, 4 chances of it happening on yours.

The community are mostly children, or people with the maturity level of a child. This is something that came up in the discussions about Season 5's jungle - which will be almost inaccessible for many players pre 30. Players need a bit more instruction (preferably from Riot itself) in game, on things needed for the ranked scene. In the last 4 months of Ranked play, I've had plenty of UNSKILLED players on my team. Being unskilled, or unprepared for ranked does not make someone a troll. The problem here is, most of the player development post 30 is largely community driven. The fact that the community is more willing to persecute and attack a player who is outskilled rather than attempt to help them get better and encourage improvement. There is a huge skill gap between even Bronze, and level 29 summoners. People need to become more accepting at low Elo, they need to understand that they are by no means good enough at the game to comment on peoples gameplay. OCE needs to change its attitude, to be more supportive for new players. We are a small server and we want to encourage the newbs to play. We don't want to bully them out of the game.

(Yes Smurfs are a problem too, when they are playing to boost anothers elo. But it is an insignificant problem compared to peoples willingness to abuse and bully a player to the point of systematic exclusion – name and shame.)

TankerInc

10-28-2014

This hurt my eyes...

Space your writing out please.

Not that had to do.

Hit enter 2 times after you have completed a paragraph.

K

Thank you.

P.S

Quote:
Keith Espinosa:
R you autistic ?

Keith Espinosa

10-28-2014

^^ Sorry I am new to the forums (usually I'm just a ghost that lurks around). It does look better with the spacing's. I suppose after in game experiences the players that ***** about "Trolls/Feeders/AFKers/Newbs" have gotten on my nerves enough to warrant a rant.

trolledallmylife

10-29-2014

You think you're smart huh?

Stupid fk, it's not about what the problem is moron, it's the FACT that RIOT HAS DONE JACK **** IN THE PAST 1.5 YEARS ABOUT THIS!

JACK ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Riot has been saying they are working on tribunal and a fix(whatever the fk it maybe) for FKING 1.5 YEARS!!!! LOL!

People are pissed off because all riot has done is LEL CHAT RESTRICTION LOL!

Keith Espinosa

10-29-2014

Riot gave you a mute button - I'm saying Riot is not responsible for player behaviour.

Reveridian

10-31-2014

Tldr

Fantawolf

11-10-2014

new rank people have to put up with people **** na dont think so ..oh help them in the game if they die i just report you to riot and try to get the other team to report you as well man i feel **** now do i stand there and let the other team kill me or because of bad things they say to you like please uninstall the skin you dont know how to use the champion etc go on and on and your face goes red do i have to put up with that ??????