Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Help Dealing with Blitzcrank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DittoBlaze

10-16-2014

Bronzie here, I cannot deal with blitzcrank in lane. He camps bush and zones me away from farm. Forces me to back off every time he uses W and runs forward. Pulls support = instant death = lost lane. 1st grab I can flash, 2nd I'm dead. Post 6 getting grabbed is 100% chance of death. Push him to tower and grab is 100% chance of death.

BarryButcher

10-16-2014

the easiest way to learn how to deal with something is to play it. Learn how people play against you, and what shuts you down then apply it.

You should play a couple blitz games in normals, see how people handle you and beat you.

When laning against a blitzcrank, what you noramlly do is stand behind minions. If he charges for you, start autoing him. Blitz is surprisingly easy to kill at low levels once you pop his passive.

Also keep the side push warded and when Blitz walks too close, auto him.

The tone is set early for blitzcrank (level 1-3). If you can poke him down in those levels and also avoid his grabs he becomes easier to deal with.

Mui

10-16-2014

Blitzcrank becomes possibly useless in lane once the enemies learn how to hide behind minions and dodge the skill shot.

A Blitzcrank can however position in Fog of War , Wait till you try to last hit a minion , Wait till your moving predictably to land his Q on an enemy.

As a support player, I would usually face tank the rocket grab and use it as a free gap closer to the enemy ADC as a leona.

^ Face tanking the blitzcrank is not always optimal though as your ADC may not even follow up as they do not know your potential or just have a passive mentality wanting to farm until the game has already ended.

Make sure you have wards up so your not getting pulled into a jungle gank

In that case, If you face tank the enemy when they have some decent damage and your adc won't ever follow up, I just stay behind minions and counter engage if the ADC gets pulled and hasn't died because if you face tank it and they don't follow up, your going to die then get blamed for feeding.

A good blitzcrank who accidentally pulls a tank may actually save his knockup and walk straight up to your adc to even out the trade if you jump his adc, so tanking pulls won't always work with better blitzcranks.

---

Blitzcrank can get very powerful if you give him a few early kills as he can then start building heavy AP items and max grab + ulti 1ko you.

He won't even need to land the skillshot if he gets an early double kill as they will be able to walk up to you, knockup into grab into ulti to 100-0 any squishy by himself

If you deny Blitzcrank his early gold from random pulls, Blitzcrank will usually just build tank / utility so just surviving the laning phase is okay.

If that is not enough, Morgana's black shield can help sometimes if your a good Morgana and your adc doesn't over extend when your black shield is on the 1000 year cooldown.

Otherwise I guess the only way is to either face tank , poke enough so they cannot engage on you , hide behind minions, counter engage if your a thresh or nami or fiddlesticks.

---

My personal tip: Id suggest grabbing ignite on blitzcrank since you can all in and secure the kill which can lead to snowballing which makes the lane so much more easier compared to the people who take exhaust.

Exhaust is great for champions like Jax late game, but taking ignite can be the difference between winning and losing lane, If you lose lane, you might give a double kill , give free dragon , give free tower , that's like 2100 gold + map pressure, enough to buy an extra BF sword and boots and extra wards.

If you take ignite on an all in champion or a kill lane, I think its like free elo right there as you can instantly tip the lane in your favor and never lose lane unless you got seriously out played or had an unfortunate jungle gank.

If you know how snowballing works, ignite double kill level 2-3 with minions pushing into the enemy tower , you basically deny 13 cs, gain around 600 gold, gain exp advantage, come back with an item advantage, can kill the enemy again or deny even more cs, have enough pressure to take dragon and bot tower then mid tower early which basically lets you regroup and dive top , siege / team fight mid , get the next dragon or team fight there and then take the inhibitor , bait baron fight then end game.

lols

10-17-2014

Packet Edit your hit box so that it is so small it's basically impossible to hit with a blitz hook. Easiest solution.

McDonalds Worker

10-18-2014

hide behind winions

Deche

10-19-2014

Short Guide:

Quote:
McDonalds Worker:
hide behind winions

And ward the brush.

Draw a Line between you and blitz and make sure a minion or ally is between it.

NinjaSlayer12

10-23-2014

http://league-of-legends-skins****/?rf=fS6R3QJlfx4rg

Grimey

10-26-2014

blitz is just too good

nah just camp behind minions then get your support to cc him then rek