Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Bots On My Team

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ilim

10-16-2014

Hi guys

I'm a new player and as such I usually only play against Beginner Bots. Over the past few games I've noticed that I'm often matched with players who appear to be bots themselves. Other teammates brush it off by saying "it must be their first game or something", but I've been playing for about 3 weeks and I was never as bad as they are, despite never having played any game similar to LoL.

Reasons why I think they are bots:
- They never talk, even after being told how
- They always go mid lane and will ignore being asked to go to a different lane
- They always use the free champions for the week
- They ignore the turrets and will attack the enemy underneath them
- They feed horrendously and sometimes end as 0/31/0.

In my mind it is not possible for a human to do so badly. Even the worst player would realise that for whatever reason, he is taking damage faster than he is inflicting it on his enemy, and he should therefore run away. But no, they never retreat. Not even when Annie Bot drops Tibbers on their head.

Being matched with these bots is extremely common. Normally if there is only 1 or 2, the other players can carry relatively easily. I'm writing this post because I just had a game with one other human and 3 bots.

Does Riot have a system which can detect these bots and ban them? And if I report them will they be looked into and banned? Because I've seen there's no tribunal so I don't know if reporting them will do anything.

xXGtoXx

10-16-2014

Hmm I had a game with my friend and there were two free champions ( Renek, Trundle) They both went mid and fed a lot they prob are bots or just really bad..

IzzyThyPotato

10-16-2014

Yeah these bots are becoming a real issue :/
I played a game with 2 bots, someone AFK and someone playing their first game ever- on beginner difficulty and we almost lost because the bots were fed that much

Nydus the Nexus

10-17-2014

/showthread.php?t=60429
/showthread.php?t=76391
/showthread.php?t=82265
/showthread.php?t=68327
/showthread.php?t=77346
^ Recent posts in this same forum section by players complaining about players using bots to play.

I have personally seen players botting in ARAM (up to 8/10 in a game, me and an enemy player) and 5v5 Bot matches (up to 4/5 in a game, the only real player being myself). This really is a very common occurrence lately. I am surprised when I have a game with no bots in it. Keep in mind I am playing in the early morning by my time (+10/Brisbane), and I can only assume that the bots aren't being seen as often during other hours.

Can we get a Red post on this?

Nexcow

10-18-2014

To be completely honest with you guys
Riot doesn't give a **** about this, if they did we would have our tribunal back and we would have less toxicity/botting on the server.
I mean geez, it's been nearly 2 years now and we still don't have a full working server like the rest do.
I honestly miss dominion and constant 3v3, this is all getting way out of hand and Riot don't care because all we are doing as a community is still lining there fat pockets

Mui

10-20-2014

Ive been seeing bots multiple times this week during first win of the day rushes. I can say if these bots afked in base instead of mid soaking exp and feeding I wouldnt care but when you have multiple bots , I think it becomes really painful for the newer players in the game as they will get one shot by the fed bot and don't know how to deal with it.

Typically there will be 1 or 2 bots every third or second game for me and some genuine new players who I have to tell them how their champ works , basic champion combo and item suggestions and some afkers and other smurfs or duos teaching their friends.

This usually leads to a 1.5 v 5 bots with real ai's while 1-2 bots constantly give everyone a harder time.

Instead of ramming up mid and finishing, I have to roam lanes and splitpush and run away from bots as they are ridiculously good at comboing burst & stuns when grouped.

This sometimes happens in intermediate , and for newer players who brave this avenue, it can almost become hell if no ones going for a first win of the day since it is possible to have the bots all push down mid to nexus at 13-15 minutes with these bots unless you have one person waveclearing mid , one person splitpushing double inhibs.

You can send in a support ticket or report the player whos botting which might end up in a massive crackdown on account sellers, you never know.
People who bot probably dont play on that account = they will probably sell the account to a newbie, causes loss of profit on xp boosts & ranked inflation & breaking conditions.

Oceania might not be ready for a Tribunal yet but there is a chance for a report to be read and enforced by special staff so just keep the reports going so they can link up information like: if bots are all coming in from one place.

Trikky

10-22-2014

I just had 6 bots in an aram game, this is a disgrace Riot it has to stop NOW.

EzRdr

11-15-2014

I just had 4 bots on my team in an aram game, but don't hold your breath because Riot either a. Don't care or b. are unable to control/ prevent this epidemic; or both. My guess is they don't have the skills to control their own game online and are therefore powerless to do anything about it. Ultimately, sh!t like this will just lead to decent players looking for new games, which will probably be a good thing. The only thing that might make them sit up and take notice is a big hit to their profit margins.

Rouise

11-15-2014

We can't be sure that there are actually bots in-game. Most commonly there are loads and loads of trolls that just want to ruin games and mess with people.

By good effect here you are verbally raffling on about it. Objective complete and you guys hate it! At the end of the day you just push objectives and win Bot Games. Easy. Otherwise its just a game.

EzRdr

11-15-2014

Quote:
Rouise:
We can't be sure that there are actually bots in-game. Most commonly there are loads and loads of trolls that just want to ruin games and mess with people.

By good effect here you are verbally raffling on about it. Objective complete and you guys hate it! At the end of the day you just push objectives and win Bot Games. Easy. Otherwise its just a game.

Sorry to ruin your theory mate, but there are bots in aram, I am sure 110%, AND THERE ARE LOTS AND LOTS OF THEM. It ruins the game. Full Stop, end of story. Please read my previous post again, because I'm not going to repeat for those ignorant ppl like yourself, even though probably well-meaning. The only person raffling or waffling is you, with no idea what you are talking about, sorry to say. Have a good day.