Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

How to Get over Not Having a Boyfriend/Girlfriend

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pettanko

10-15-2014

When many of your friends are going steady but you've yet to find a boyfriend or girlfriend, it can often feel like you're left out. This can lead to feelings of loneliness or sadness, as well as wondering what it is that you're friends are doing right while you're left alone. Rather than feeling down, it's important to realize that you never know when the right person might be just around the corner, and in the meantime, there is plenty to be getting on with as you establish your life and interests.

1. Learn to accept the fact that you are single. Everyone is single at one point, and it just so turns out that, at this stage in your life, you aren't with someone.

2. Think of all the good things you can do and enjoy while you are single. You can go out and enjoy yourself at a disco without worrying about what your girlfriend or boyfriend will think of you while you're doing your embarrassing chicken dance in front of all your friends. You can be yourself without having to worry about meeting anybody's standards or impressing them. You won't have to go on any possibly awkward dates, worry about what you wear or do anything that you don't want to do, such as see the stupid movie that only your girlfriend/boyfriend wants to see.

3. Listen to some music that is pro-being single. 'Single Ladies' by Beyonce or 'Riding Solo' by Jason Derulo are pretty good esteem boosters for all those single.

4. Don't go looking for love. It will come to you when you are least expecting it, so enjoy life as a single person, and before you know it you will be granted with the gift or a girlfriend/boyfriend.

SEKAI

10-15-2014

Who cares if I get no gf?

I have Jill, that's all I need.

Officer Caitlyn

10-15-2014

i cried

Ghosthree3

10-15-2014

Oh look. More attention whoring.

Molendo

10-15-2014

Instructions unclear, **** stuck in toaster

vNutz

10-15-2014

It's decent advice ... but I have a feeling he's trying to rub it in...

Officer Caitlyn

10-15-2014

I care if i get no gf

share jill pls

Ghosthree3

10-15-2014

Quote:
vNutz:
It's decent advice ... but I have a feeling he's trying to rub it in...

Woah woah, YOU figured out something that subtle? OP is even worse than I thought.

Psyper

10-15-2014

Quote:
pettanko:
friends

1.jpg

Teemo Turner

10-15-2014

Jill is always there for us