Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Venting Out Frustration as Bronze

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sol Badguy

10-11-2014

Ok I seriously need to vent out my frustration over the last couple of games I've had (excluding ARAM because ARAM is broken) and I really couldn't care less if this gets downvoted

I usually pick the role ADC because I feel that's the role that usually works for me (I can support decently but I'm tired of supporting, my mid is horrible, I'm a decent jungler and top lane I can usually push enemies back and give them a hard time, but I prefer ADC). I'm usually just playing Draven (being a Draven lover, cough all skins and ward of draven, cough), but this goes for any other ADC I play at my level (and yes I do understand this is usually just normal PvP Rift) BUT! BUT BUT BUT!!!

Every SINGLE time I play ADC...my team has no concept....NO CONCEPT WHATSOEVER of HOW TO PROTECT AND PEEL THE ADC!!! IT MAKES ME RAGE SO HARD SOMETIMES! ESPECIALLY when the enemy team PROTECTS and PEELS their ADC like it was Madlife or Faker! SO...FRUSTRATING! Have people not heard of "Protect The Kog-Maw"?!

People don't buy ANY wards even though I TELL them to buy wards, I have to sacrifice 300-700 gold buying wards, pink wards and upgrading my trinket to a vision trinket (which I shouldn't have to be forced doing due to lack of teamwork), plus my teams don't build armor or MR! Look I don't care if you're an assassin, a fighter, a mage, a tank or support, or ADC...BUY SOME **** ARMOR, HP OR MR AND BUY SOME FREAKING WARDS! DON'T RELY ON THE **** SUPPORT AND TANK TO DO IT! IT CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE!!!

And don't get me started on teamfights...usually people are like "OH it's DRAVEN/*insert high damage ADC here*, let's let DRAVEN handle everything the team has...OH NO DRAVEN IS DEAD, EVERYONE GO IN NOW!" and thennnn the team dies. Yes there are so many factors that come into this...probably bad team comp (very bad), engaging really stupid teamfights, mechanics, disengages, ults, summoner spells being up, positioning, matchups, CC, burst damage, flanks, assaults, ambushes, being caught out, etc etc. but I feel like my team, myself incuded (yes I can sometimes play like a noob and go H.A.M because of tilt I won't deny it), make the DUMBEST mistakes! Like for example, if my team is always dying and losing teamfights, THEN WHY are they CONSISTENTLY FORCING TEAMFIGHTS WE CAN'T WIN?! HAVE THEY NOT HEARD THE DEFINITION OF INSANITY?! And yes, you may be asking the same question, and yes, I do tell my teammates to STOP ENGAGING TEAMFIGHTS, but they don't LISTEN! I tell them to focus dragon, split pushing, turrets, ambushing and picking off people who are wandering (mostly the assassins and bruisers), but they DON'T listen! Then everyone gets the stupid idea of going to baron (which is just a magnet for trouble) when we're losing hard, and after about 20 pings of telling them no, they finally listen when the enemy team is hiding nearby (which I already KNEW because I respect the enemy team's pressure, gold lead, item lead, damage and burst potential, and the fact that they're smart enough to predict that my team wants to baron, and most probably has heaps of ward vision and map coverage, surprise surprise).

Getting back to me...the one thing...the ONE THING THAT MAKES ME RAGE SO HARD....is that I'M always focused! It doesn't matter WHAT role I'll be playing...ADC, top, mid, jg, support...I'll start doing fairly well and get A LITTLE BIT ahead...AND THEN I'M FOCUSED FOR THE REST OF THE **** GAME!!! AND MY TEAM DOESN'T DO JACK ABOUT IT, AND INSTEAD ATTACKS THE FIRST THING THEY SEE! And if that wasn't frustrating enough, they have TUNNEL VISION, and charge like bulls towards red flags on enemies with low HP, falling for the most idiotic baits and then getting ambushed and bursted down. And as for ME when I'm ADC, PARTICULARLY when I'm playing Draven (Does Draven have a hidden passive like Teemo's "Teemo Taunt" BECAUSE EVERYONE IS ALWAYS ATTACKING ME FIRST!!!), I'm locked down, hard CC'd and instagibbed before even dishing out any damage! (this makes me wants to scream in frustration). Ok, most people will be saying "Well, you should be kiting and saying behind your team". I AM behind my team when we teamfight! But even when they engage, the enemy team pretends they're not even there, runs right through them (WITHOUT my team not knowing what they're doing and taking a second to realize they're just jumping me because I'm the main source of damage usually for my team) and then dying ridiculously before they realize what has happened. It's STUPID. And WHY is it too much to ask the support to try and PROTECT ME EVEN FOR ONE SECOND! And when I buy a Guardian Angel, so at least I can come back to life, MY TEAM JUST SITS THERE WHILE THE ENEMY TEAM IS WAITING FOR ME TO RESPAWN SO THEY CAN KILL ME AGAIN! OMFG!

I'm also sick to death of ridiculously stupid team comps I keep getting stuck with it. People don't realize that you need to pick champs with good synergy, and have at least some tankiness, CC, damage and mobility to prepare for the worst. Yet, people seem to take all damage, or all assassins, or teams with NO CC AND NO TANK and SQUISHY CHAMPS WHO CAN BE BURSTED DOWN ONE BY ONE. People also seem to think, champs who should be initiating, teamfighting and stuff, should be taking objectives and wandering, and team comps that have disengage, mobility, and split pushing should be teamfighting ALL the time, because eventually we're gonna win that one teamfight that wins us the game right...right? WRONG! SO WRONG! YOU CONTINOUSLY FEED WITH THAT ATTITUDE!

And why is it that when we can win, someone ends up feeding and then late game approaches, and we lose our lead because THE ENEMY TEAM HAS LATE GAME CHAMPS AND WE THROW SO HARD! And PEOPLE NEED TO STOP AIMING FOR KILLING CHAMPIONS WHEN THE NEXUS IS EXPOSED! IM SICK TO DEATH OF COCKY PLAYERS WHO WAIT FOR THE ENEMY TEAM TO RESPAWN ONE BY ONE WHEN THE NEXUS IS EXPOSED AND OUR TEAM DYING AND GETTING ACED AND THROWING SO HARD!

I can carry games. I have done so before (that's what I love about Draven, his snowballing potential, his damage, and his ability to try and carry games), but lately games have been so RIDICULOUS lately. I know I shouldn't let normal games get to me, but I'm sick to death of losing idiotic games. I can't play assassins...Akali, Katarina, Talon, Zed, Yasuo, Fizz...they're all so **** hard to play and squishy as hell. I hate that. When I play bruisers like Xin, Vi, Udyr, I'm constantly getting focused AGAIN with my team doing nothing about it. When I play support...no matter how many plays and potential kills I set up MY TEAM...DOESN'T...ACT...INITIATE...OR GET THE KILLS I SET UP! (which is why I hate support in Bronze because you can't carry as support in Bronze...) Every time I play mages, I'm immediately bursted down by those GOD-****ED ASSASSINS (I HATE ASSASSINS) whilst the team is contemplating "Hmmm should I focus the assassin? or the ADC? Or maybe I should focus on the annoying tank constantly harassing us (**** YOU ALISTAR, GAREN, AMUMU, LEONA, BRAUM)? Ah, what the hell, let's focus the thing in front of us!...*and team dies*"

I do have the maximum amount of rune pages, and alot of runes to work with, as well as different mastery combos, and I am constantly watching guides, counter plays on champs, have some general experience even though I started Season 4, bought the E-Book "Learn The League" which has opened my eyes to an incredible extent of how overly complicated League is, and am constantly striving to get better, not rage at teammates (yes I usually try to have a positive attitude most of the time, and mute flamers/ragers/trash talkers) and am constantly blaming myself for the mistakes I make and not being able to carry regardless of what role I'm in (again usually ADC), and I DO try and carry in whatever role I'm playing. And most times I do end up winning lane! But like always, SOMEONE has to FEED that one Leblanc, or Katarina, or Yi, or Rengar, or Kha Zix, or Yasuo, or Orianna, or any BLOODY CARRY/HYPER CARRY. Whenever I'm jungling, EVERYONE ALWAYS PUSHES THEIR LANES SO **** HARD THAT I CAN'T GANK, AND THEY BLAME ME FOR NOT GANKING, AND THEY BLAME ME BECAUSE THEY CAN'T HOLD THEIR OWN LANE AND ARE FEEDING! And when I do ping a low target to gank and turret dive because we CAN kill them...THEY DON'T GO IN AND I END UP TANKING IT AND DYING...AND THEN THEY GO IN!!!

I don't know what to do with these stupid and idiotic games I keep having! It's so FRUSTRATING and makes me want to RAGE HARD and TILT!

BarryButcher

10-11-2014

Welcome to Bronze, Silver and Gold... the problem doesn't get any better until you hit Plat really.

the difference between Silver and Bronze. Bronze people go for kills over objectives. That's the only difference.

In silver people ward about the same, peel about the same and pick god awful team fights the same. but at least in Silver if you ACE the enemy team they actually go and get some towers from it.

In Gold you will see more warding and slightly better decision making when it comes to team-figthing and I do mean SLIGHTLY. But again, not many people peel and understand that its not everyones job to dive the backline and kill the enemy, sometimes you have to stay back and help your ADC live.

Honestly, if you don't learn to handle these frustrations, ranked won't be the place for you since it doesn't get any better until you actually hit Diamond. And even then people throw like crazy trying to Baron or 2v5.

Renai Kanade

10-11-2014

I know how you feel bro, that's why I stopped playing ranked myself (Silv I last season, now stuck at Silv V). That's what you have to put up with in Bronze elo, but just make sure that you acknowledge the mistakes you probably made in those past matches, and not just your team's. Bottom line is, chillax, and take a break, can be a few hours or a few days, you're in Bronze of course it's going to be difficult. And don't even forget this is a game and you play it to have fun, play some normals bro and enjoy the game.

P.S. It's good to see you taking the initiative and learning to improve with all the above methods, but just ask yourself if you are actually taking the time to practice and not just 'watching' like Gbay said.

Child

10-11-2014

There is no point having to rant on about this, because if you're good enough, you should be able to carry yourself.

As ADC, especially in bronze, don't even bother playing the non-mobility ADC's if you're not able to kite properly. If you're extremely competent with kiting and you're fed, it's extremely easy to kill the frontline that comes at you. If anything, stick with your team instead of going off into your own island.

Secondly, stop blaming your team. Just play on your own accord and make them realise their own mistakes and you with yours.

In the end, if you're good enough, you'll get out of bronze. But if you don't realise the mistakes you make as ADC (no one besides Diamond 1/Master/Challenger tier should call themselves good because why are you in bronze/silver/gold/plat/low diamond then?), then be prepared to stay in that tier till season 5

Sol Badguy

10-11-2014

Quote:
Welcome to Bronze, Silver and Gold... the problem doesn't get any better until you hit Plat really.

the difference between Silver and Bronze. Bronze people go for kills over objectives. That's the only difference.

In silver people ward about the same, peel about the same and pick god awful team fights the same. but at least in Silver if you ACE the enemy team they actually go and get some towers from it.

In Gold you will see more warding and slightly better decision making when it comes to team-figthing and I do mean SLIGHTLY. But again, not many people peel and understand that its not everyones job to dive the backline and kill the enemy, sometimes you have to stay back and help your ADC live.

Honestly, if you don't learn to handle these frustrations, ranked won't be the place for you since it doesn't get any better until you actually hit Diamond. And even then people throw like crazy trying to Baron or 2v5.

I've seen some bronze players who are actually alot better than silver and gold. They're probably smurfing, but I've also seen some good unranked players as well.

Quote:
I know how you feel bro, that's why I stopped playing ranked myself (Silv I last season, now stuck at Silv V). That's what you have to put up with in Bronze elo, but just make sure that you acknowledge the mistakes you probably made in those past matches, and not just your team's. Bottom line is, chillax, and take a break, can be a few hours or a few days, you're in Bronze of course it's going to be difficult. And don't even forget this is a game and you play it to have fun, play some normals bro and enjoy the game.

P.S. It's good to see you taking the initiative and learning to improve with all the above methods, but just ask yourself if you are actually taking the time to practice and not just 'watching' like Gbay said.

Actually I was ranting on normal games, and of course people don't take normals seriously. But I want to get better and out of Bronze.

Quote:
There is no point having to rant on about this, because if you're good enough, you should be able to carry yourself.

As ADC, especially in bronze, don't even bother playing the non-mobility ADC's if you're not able to kite properly. If you're extremely competent with kiting and you're fed, it's extremely easy to kill the frontline that comes at you. If anything, stick with your team instead of going off into your own island.

Secondly, stop blaming your team. Just play on your own accord and make them realise their own mistakes and you with yours.

In the end, if you're good enough, you'll get out of bronze. But if you don't realise the mistakes you make as ADC (no one besides Diamond 1/Master/Challenger tier should call themselves good because why are you in bronze/silver/gold/plat/low diamond then?), then be prepared to stay in that tier till season 5

It's easy for you to say this because you're a higher rank. I'm sure you probably understand how frustrating it is for a Bronze player who wants to get better. I CAN kite, it's just difficult when I'm constantly focused and locked down. I actually feel much better venting out now.

I'm not entirely blaming them. I blame myself also. I was just venting out everything I see wrong.

I do realize it's normals, but bad games really just make me tilt

Mui

10-11-2014

If you want to consistently win games and get out of bronze as fast as possible, try to main one champion in a role your good at, then have maybe 4 champions you are also good at that can fill in when you cannot get your role / champion.

Once you have your champions and start learning all about what you can do with that champion, you can try to find some players who you can duo with who's good at their roles and synergise with your champion pool / role.

Stating peel in chat in solo-q isn't enough to get a team to peel for you anymore.

* When I need a team to peel for an ADC , I usually have to make sure the ADC is at the back-line before a fight and
* We are engaging a fight with wards where the enemy cannot flank us,
*Then the ADC does not walk into 3 enemies at once, and
*Have a tank to basically initiate and suicide run into the enemy (< that's me) and flash out at 30-20% hp while
*The others do their roles like assassinating if they have no cc and exploding anyone who gets behind me
[unless the enemy is a tank that does no damage].

This way of team fighting usually means that when the enemy actually does jump on the ADC, the ADC will still have their gap-closer to get away from the enemy instantly.

The tricky part of this type of shot calling team fight strategy is a lot of preparation is necessary, where you have to use detailed chat to get the team together and in position and to stop any AOE from catching the back-line with a clean initiation and the tank will be focusing their first CC ability on the enemy with the heaviest burst (e.g. a fed Annie).

If you cannot get the strategy I mentioned above, the best tactic I guess would be to group up and pick off stragglers if behind in game, and use your team-mates as bait so you can start dealing damage without getting focused so hard.

Using your team-mates as bait means that you will be in fog-of-war or back line during the initiation stage of a team fight then join in after the enemies have started fighting each other.

If you fight like this, unless the enemy is really fed or multiple enemies saved all their spells for you, then you will able to deal tons of damage with or without a trinity force and you will only need your gap closer and flash to be able to cheat death.

You might say: Oh my team gets melted if I'm not there at the start dealing damage, welp, if its that case, then your team is already screwed over, try to tower hug or pick off enemies until your team can actually fight back before a fight.

If you are always at the front as ADC instead of following your initiator or cant get your team to group up to take objectives, then...

Good luck getting lucky carries by your teammates or have some clutch plays due to enemies not capitalizing on mistakes.

Side note: The best peeling support is Janna as Janna can give a good adc very strong peel against multiple enemies enough to 2 v 4 with ward coverage

Supports like Taric and Fiddlesticks only have 1 hard CC, where its not that useful during teamfights so you would be expected to kite , attack move against 3 enemies at once and blowing gap closers + flash and possibly dying but taking 2 people with you if the enemy is fed.

Supports like Alistar can also work if you want massive peel as Alistar + caitlyn (Ancient Coin route + CDR and 2-3 tank items). This kind of lane works as caitlyn has a really bad mid game so you just split push and farm up, but once you get 2 damage items alistar can peel with you 2v4 with good ward coverage.

^Unless your Alistar is your eq combo initiator, then ull have to use other champions as your peel or bait

Mui

10-11-2014

You stated that you feel that it is too hard to carry as a support in bronze.

That may be true sometimes, but as a support player, I feel that setting up kills is only the first stage of winning the game.

When I try to carry as support, I have to get my ADC fed, Then I have to setup objectives like: Dragon < that's why your start at bot lane, enemy bot tower to end Laning, enemy mid for map control then continue from there to group up to do other objectives or try split pushing or sieging depending on the situation.

I'd also have to keep my team from throwing the lead by communicating with my team and keeping everyone map aware, pinging people who are about to over extend back , reminding people with wards and the next objective to take.

I typically need to grab a small lead then force that lead on to the enemy so I can grab an inhibitor then from there on, force the fights I want on the enemy.

E.g. If im only slightly behind but I took an inhib, I can move my team to baron <enemy will think you are going to baron then follow you, remember to clear their baron wards for maximum effectiveness> then stay around blue instead of doing baron. Teams with open inhibs will typically either defend, or do baron. If they do baron, you can kill the enemy, if they defend, you can take baron, if they do both you can have a easy teamfight then end the game with the minions pushing in.

Supports are the players who are the most map aware and can figure out where the enemy jungler is just from the time in the game and where the enemy has ganked.

Sometimes you cannot find your lead, then you will have to either find another player who is fed to start supporting them to grab objectives, or pick off enemies when grouped to get back the lead or have to tower hug with wards in your own jungle until you can get the enemy to fail a tower dive multiple times or go even on items and levels so you can finally out play them to end the game.

All of these tactics I mentioned require an initiator, if you don't have an initiator in your team then you will have to slow play and burn flash a lot or play map control + assassins creed then just 5v0 their towers and nexus.

Ollypayy

10-12-2014

Too hard to carry as support?

cool stori k3k

(on my plat v smurf)

kek222.jpg

lols

10-13-2014

As many of have said. Welcome to low elo. Where no one knows game mechanics and focuses on getting "godly" with individual champion mechanics. Game mechanics being, map awareness, ping awareness, buff control, decision making, (inability to know what peel is), team composition and ofc, the, who gives a fk it's low elo.

Good luck!

Qiyeni

10-13-2014

Look, I feel sorry for you.

I understand what you are going through, as I had gone through this many times. Like you, I also acknowledge that I am, to quote the guys from Top Gear, "ambitious but rubbish", and I would like to improve.

Now I got one question: why are the professional players way better than me? I understand that they are way better than me but why? I always suck, and I want to improve, but how can I acknowledge my mistakes to improve? (and should I stop comparing myself to other people in terms of how well I am? I know it's not good to compare yourself to others, right?)