Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Dealing With Another Draven (As Draven)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sol Badguy

10-09-2014

Ok to start off, I'm a decent Draven. I'm not Wildturtle Draven, but I'm definitely not a noob Draven either (sometimes I just have bad games due to lack of a good support or a support who can't land any skill shots whatsoever vs. enemy supports who lands all skillshots on my support i.e blitz, morgana, etc), and sometimes I can carry an entire team as Draven. For example, one game we had 2-3 AFKS, and I had half my team's kills and got so fed, I could 1v4 their team, die but take them all with me. We still lost due to all of us dying but still, I carried hard. But my main problem is dealing with ANOTHER DRAVEN. For some reason, I can deal with any ADC as Draven EXCEPT Draven. He always ends up getting the last hit on me each and every time, whether it be an extra axe, or help from his support, or minion aggro! It is kinda frustrating! How do you deal with an enemy Draven as Draven? What are the factors that determine which Draven will win the lane? Mechanics? Support? Minions? Skill (probably obvious but still).

That being said, even if I do lose lane against Draven, most of the time I can usually catch up and be on par to the enemy Draven, and still manage to win the game based on how my team is doing...

But feedback people please?

BarryButcher

10-09-2014

In a mirror matchup it comes down to 2 things. The skill of the player and the support/jungler helping. But it's mostly down to the player skill (90%).

By skill I mean, positioning, catching axes safely, knowing when to use stand aside, knowing when to trade, getting CS, all the basic skills.

Draven is a super snowball ADC. If you can catch axes consistently without dying then grab a kill, the bonus gold you get can carry you through the whole game. Once a Draven gets Infinity Edge he can pretty much out-trade any other ADC (except maybe Lucian who can go even with him).

If you can see your support isnt that good, then pretend you are alone in lane. Play safe and don't blame them when you die. You should know if they are bad after about 2-3 minutes of playing with them.

If you play Draven, you should know how to deal with one. Just think, what do you hate when it happens to you? When a Draven is attacking you, use your stand aside when his axes are in the air so he can't catch them, this reduces his damage by a lot. If you are 1v1'ing Draven as Draven, its basically who doesn't drop their axes wins if everything else is even.

Sol Badguy

10-09-2014

Thanks for that. Much appreciated

lols

10-10-2014

Barry's response is pretty decent. Thumbs up.

Keilosophy

10-29-2014

You know if your draven you can catch another dravens axes o.O?