Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Suicide prevention

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lozzathezergling

10-04-2014

As a relative of someone close who committed suicide I am deeply saddened and very upset by the events posted here today.

I lost my father On christmas eve, 1996. I was 2.

Not A day goes by that I do not think about it, People may think that they are gutless and such. But to be honest, I believe they have a lot of courage. I have been to that point several times, where I believe that suicide is the only option out. But am to afraid to proceed with what my mind is telling me. Some thing always lingers, a faint bit of Hope!

What has happened today is no laughing matter, someone has felt so low and down/ confused about life and themselves they believe they have to end their own life as a solution.

Like I said, having been to that point several times and not being able to go through with it says something, also living through my fathers suicide brings back haunting memories.

Will I be missed?
Will they even notice if I am gone?
Etc.

But, for the people they leave behind is beyond comprehension.

They do not realise this at the time, as they think their is no way out.

Iv been through those moments, and I am so glad that I could never go through with it my self.

In the past couple of years I have represented my country in a World Championships overseas, Been the Australian/ Oceanic Champion, Queensland State champion and had the opportunity to work with the best chefs in the Country!

Yet, the thought is always their. It lingers constantly.

I am deeply disturbed as to what has happened today. It has bought back triggering emotions that I am sure everyone who has known of a close person's suicide.

But, like I have said. It is not them to blame.

Words hurt, People have feelings. Some peoples minds work differently. Saying cruel and demeaning things to people have consequences, even if you do not think so at the time.

These words hurt, deeply. Enough for people to harm themselves.

I hope that Kate may rest in peace, she had people who cared for her, but sometimes people dont see that, and for her to "plan" this event, she must have been feeling this low for years.

Mental health issues are now not being black marked and having the horrid aura it used to years ago.

When my father first killed himself, people had all these assumptions and we even lost my fathers side of the family because of it. They could not handle his suicide and the repercussions of it. Yet every year me and my siblings mourn for him.

Their is hope, as I have said. Being in those dark and terrible mind set. Just try and reach out! IT will get better, even if it's for a shirt while! But then you will know their is help out their to get you through the hard times ahead! I still go through the horrible times, espicially when it gets close to Christmas!

If you ever have thoughts about harming yourself please, Call kids help line, lifeline.

They are their to help you, no matter what the issue! Big or small. Just pick up the phone and call!

KIDS HELP LINE: 1800 55 1800

LIFELINE: 13 11 14

They are all free to call, so please. Call them if you ever feel like harming yourself. OR give the numbers to people who you may think need it.

Just ask some one if they are okay and need someone to talk to, it may save a life!

Ibraesil

10-04-2014

Quote:
Lozzathezergling:
IT will get better

You're making a promise on behalf of the universe that the universe may well not keep.
I respect the sentiment of your post, but I couldn't help but point this out. I'm sorry if pointing this out offends you, or anyone else, but I think it's important not to make promises that might not be kept, especially if that promise is so powerful that it has the ability to stop someone dying if it is kept, or make someone die if it isn't.

Child

10-05-2014

Quote:
Ibraesil:
You're making a promise on behalf of the universe that the universe may well not keep.
I respect the sentiment of your post, but I couldn't help but point this out. I'm sorry if pointing this out offends you, or anyone else, but I think it's important not to make promises that might not be kept, especially if that promise is so powerful that it has the ability to stop someone dying if it is kept, or make someone die if it isn't.

I believe it does get better. You'll realise that maybe it isn't worth it and the world can actually open to you.