Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Chronic Depression, Riot Staff member commits suicide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Child

10-01-2014

Quote:
SEKAI:
She really should give it more thought. To die or not to die imo is always up to individual choices, but emotions can always blind the person's perspective and leading to the judgement he/she wouldn't ever do if still in his/her right mind.

That's very unfortunate that there was no one there to properly guide her.

Rest in peace.

But after (19 years?) of depression I reckon it was way too much for her. She probably had suicide thoughts for all those years as well so I believe what she did was something she had decided to do for a very long time

Luscious Thighs

10-01-2014

Completely disagree with the "Christianity protects you from depression" But I feel really sad for the Riot member. May she rest in peace.

Strider Hiryu

10-01-2014

Quote:
PRIMAWESOME:
Not sure if this was a troll comment or serious, but religion doesn't save you from depression. Just saying.

I just re-read my post and realised how provocative it is. I accept the down votes, but what I meant is that, not that if you're not Christian you will get depression, but that being a Christian can help you avoid being depressed.

I do apologize for my earlier post.

SEKAI

10-01-2014

Quote:
Child:
But after (19 years?) of depression I reckon it was way too much for her. She probably had suicide thoughts for all those years as well so I believe what she did was something she had decided to do for a very long time

Some may jump on me for this, but I respect people's decision for their lives, as long it's not "escaping" I personally believe ending your own life is acceptable (if you are very very very sure).

But we do not know the details, we can only speculate.

I just hope she truly made up the mind on that, instead of being pulled down by the weight of the last straw that truly snapped her, that's really unfortunate if that's the case.

Anyways what's done is done, Rest in Peace.

AlphaCueSlowly

10-01-2014

Quote:
airaze:
I just re-read my post and realised how provocative it is. I accept the down votes, but what I meant is that, not that if you're not Christian you will get depression, but that being a Christian can help you avoid being depressed.

So can every other religion in the universe. It just acts like a distraction.

It's sad to hear the news. But it's her choice and she did what she thinks is best for her. Don't disrespect that choice.

Luscious Thighs

10-01-2014

Quote:
airaze:

All good, No problems were caused anyway. Just glad that you care for this poor riot member.

SEKAI

10-01-2014

Err, we shouldn't turn this into religion wars guys. Please guys, just don't.

Peace.

Strider Hiryu

10-01-2014

Quote:
Kingcub:
So can every other religion in the universe. It just acts like a distraction.

It's not a distraction from depression really, more like something to give reason for you to continue your life :P

FruitSalad

10-01-2014

Quote:
airaze:

its all good mate

AlphaCueSlowly

10-01-2014

Quote:
airaze:
It's not a distraction from depression really, more like something to give reason for you to continue your life :P

I am going to respect her and not continue this discussion. You may think i'm avoiding the truth, but this is for her. She deserves it.