Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Artemis - The Star Shooter

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sylpharion

10-01-2014

Hi. ^^

LORE:

Back in early Runeterra, when it was surrounded by fierce suns that shone both day and night, to the point where people could no longer live. The suns shone brighly and people were forced to hide away into caves and underground dens, they could not do anything about the sun but beg the gods forgiveness for what they have done unknowingly long after the cries have died down and humans got used to it, the gods called upon the great archer.

Artemis, the son of a wealthy merchant, a person who could have anything in the world, but after experiencing the pain for the first time, that of the shining suns. Knowing even with all the money in the world, he could not do anything but to watch. After seeing every one close to him die mercilessly, he finally went and experienced the pain that the others have felt, the pain of the poor and rich, to know that everyone is the same and that even with all the riches he could do nothing so natural and superior to him in many levels. The truth that money cannot buy all.

After many torturous years, Artemis read about the ancient ways monks absorbed light and converted it to energy, like a lotus in the burning sun, after years of learning Artemis was able to absorb the sun and live in it's presence

But soon after Artemis gained this miraculous power, the suns were shot down until there was only one left by a mysterious archer with no identity, using this as his inspiration Artemis gathered as much information about suns and the archer.
Artemis slowly found out that the suns were in fact stars. Everyday Artemis would feel a strange link and energy flowing through him, he didn't know why, every time he held up a bow, he would shoot it with great accuracy. Soon after realizing that absorbing energy from the sun had caused him to become immortal and gain powers just like the mysterious archer, he was able to shoot down anything with great accuracy and potential. His inspiration, the great archer, allowed him to continue to find greater things to shoot down until there was nothing left but suns in .the far distance, using his sharp eyesight, he was able to look into the far galaxies and shoot down stars from earth the. Every time he shot down a star, he was able to drain all of it's energy, not even allowing it to go supernova.

After hearing about the League of Legends about the amazing creatures and people there, and how powerful they are, some swift moving, and some powerful enough to destroy all.
He joined to show everyone how weak they truly were beneath Artemis' and his bow.

"Being able to snipe from such distance and accuracy is not a mere gift, it takes great skill, something no one else could have. - Ashe."

ROLES:
Artemis is mainly played in the mid lane, but in a good match up he is able to move into the bot lane, or with a tank jungler and support, he may move into the top lane to give nice poke and have an easy lane if he doesn't push, since the jungler will always gank.

GENERALISING:
Artemis excels against melee or low range champions who are forced into his auto attack range, he gives off a great presence early game through auto attacks. He is a great zoner, if he is able to get one auto attack against a melee champion, he would most likely force them to use their only escape mechanism after the second auto attack, if able to even land the third one and detonate the mark with one of his abilities.

His early game presences makes him a great roamer allowing him to go bot or top at any time when his pushing or follow his jungler into the enemy jungle, though it greatly falls off late game, his teamfight and lock up potential are just as good as any other mages, able to shoot from a distance really allows him to excel in what he does the most.

STATS:

HP: 408 / +83 / 1902 @ 18
MP: 260 / +64 / 1412 @ 18
AD: 49 / +3 / 103 @ 18
AS: .625 / +.112 / .737 @ 18
AR: 16 / +3.5 / 79 @ 18
MR: 30 / +0 / 30 @ 18
RN: 540 / +7.5 / 675 @ 18
MV: 345

ABILITIES:

PASSIVE: Infused Arrows
Artemis infuses his arrows with the energy of an exploding star, causing it to do bonus damage and the third consecutive attack on an enemy will mark them, granting you bonus movement speed and even more when you move towards them, hitting the enemy with an ability will proc it causing them to be stunned and take bonus damage, an enemy cannot be stunned twice in a duration.

Quote:
Damage:7 / 14 / 21 / 28 - 1 / 5 / 10 / 15 [.05 x AP.]
Proc Damage: 45 / 80 / 105 / 140 - 1 / 6 / 11 / 15 [.15 x AP.]
Movement Speed: 0 / 4 / 7 / 10 - 1 / 5 / 9 / 13
Bonus Movement Speed: 0 / 6 / 8 / 10 - 1 / 5 / 9 / 13
Stun Duration: 1.5
Mark Duration: 7
Immunity Duration: 5

The ability isn't as strong as expected, being able to land three auto attacks on anyone except the tanks is quite amazing late game so I gave Artemis a slight push in the stun duration as it will allow him to be more consistent and feared by in team fights, even a few auto attacks will mean a lot unlike what people except from a mage.
This will allow extra poke without too much of an impact early game, and give it a slight push to help his team pick off enemies in the mid game. The little stun can mean a lot once a jungler ganks, just having .25 / .5 seconds of not being able to react to maybe a Sejuani ultimate or a Amumu Bandage Toss, could mean a whole lot.

Q: Sharp Eyes / Meteoric Star
Using his sharp eyes, he is able to detect the enemies critical points are through battle, gaining bonus critical chance and permanent critical damage.
Refreshes if he attacks another enemy. Similar to Orianna's passive, except critical chance.

Quote:
Critical Chance: 2 / 4 / 6 / 8 / 10% per second.
Critical Damage: 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 / 25%.

Artemis infuses is arrow with the power of an exploding star and targets at an enemy, firing the arrow, piercing through all enemies dealing damage per second until it reaches its target, exploding, dealing true damage in an area around the target, stunning it and everyone near it.

Quote:
Cast Range: 1700 - Experimenting with range.
Explosion Radius: 250
Piercing DPS: 15 / 25 / 35 / 45 / 55, 3 seconds. [.10 x AP]
Explosion Damage: 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 / 180. [.30 x AP, True Damage.]
Stun Duration: .5 / .75 / 1 / 1.25 / 1.5
Cool Down: 10 / 9 / 8 / 7 / 6
Mana Cost: 45 / 50 / 55 / 60 / 65

This is a weak crowd control ability, designed to proc the mark from Artemis' passive. The low damage and explosion damage is designed to be a nice extra, it's an AoE stun so the utility is the main use of this ability, nothing else. Note that the stun from the passive is applied also on top of the stun like Rengar's E, it snares you and slows you while you're snared.

W: Fatal Shot
Artemis transforms his weapon into a bow gun, concentrating all of his power into a single arrow, dealing bonus damage according the targets missing health.

Quote:
Cast Range: 1400 - Experimenting with range.
Delay: .5 seconds.
Damage: 110 / 125 / 140 / 165 / 180 [+.60 x AP.] + 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 [+.1 x AP.]
Cool Down: 9 / 9 / 8 / 8 / 7
Mana Cost: 55 / 70 / 85 / 100 / 115

Mainly used as a finishing move, Fatal Shot's early game damage is still high due to it's ability power ratio and base damage, in the early game if you can get very little poke off then I'd recommend saving it as a finisher, but if they are melee and you can get at least one to two auto attacks off before using any abilities, then I'd recommend you saving it as a crowd control chain, first get one to two auto attacks on the target, preferably two, fire off Meteoric Star as they are most likely not going to let you land the third auto attack, get the last (few) auto attacks off and use Fatal Shot, this will give you a much stronger chain of crowd control and allow you to compensate for the damage loss with the few auto attacks. [Damage Loss from Missing Health % if they aren't low.]

The problem with Fatal Shot is it's best use when not in close range, for example; you are chasing an enemy and they keep using the brush as a way to remove fog of war off them, because this has a half a second delay then could keep moving into brush slowing you back because of the delay. It's like when you try to auto attack, usually use this when you have perfect vision of the target, so it's very counter-able by champions like Kha'Zix.

E: Escalating Momentum
Artemis gains an incredible speed boost, after the boost he may reactivate this ability to dash in the direction of the cursor. During momentum [speed buff], Artemis is unable to attack, but is able to use abilities while moving.

Quote:
Dash Range: 500.
Dash Duration: 4.
Speed Buff Duration: 1 / 1.5 / 2 / 2.5 / 3
Speed Buff: 15 / 22.5 / 30 / 37.5 / 45
Cool Down: 14 / 13 / 12 / 11 / 10
Mana Cost: 70 / 75 / 80 / 85 / 90

Escalating Momentum is a great dual utility move, being able to run quick enough towards and a wall and then jumping over it is a great feeling, close to Lee Sin's Q / W chase and retreat potential. Able to successfully do it, gives off a great rush of adrenaline.
Though this ability has very little counterplay to it other than locking him up, it's not a very big buff compared to other utility escape abilities in different situations.

R: Zero Gravity
Artemis fires an arrow made out of nothing but matter at expeditious speeds, once it hits an enemy champion it distorts them for a few seconds, causing them to disappear from the map for the duration and create a zone around them, enemies in the zone are slowed depending on how far away from the center they are, if they are still in the zone after the champion is finished distorting then all enemies in the zone will float, floated champions move at fixed movement speed and move in the air, distorted champions are immune to everything except damage from Zero Gravity.

Quote:
Range: 3600
Zone Area: 600
Distort Duration: 2 seconds.
Distorted Damage: 130 / 210 / 320 [+.55 x AP.]
Slow: 40 - 70%, center to outer zone.
Zone Damage: 80 / 135 / 190 [+.55 x AP, distorted champion take only the distorted damage.]
Float Duration: 1 / 1.5 / 2 seconds.
Fixed Speed: 300 / 200 / 100
Cool Down: 140 / 120 / 100
Mana Cost: 90 / 145 / 200

Nothing to say here, just overpowered-ness, you can't even counter this, he already has so much stun and crowd control, yes I am currently aware of this, the only way I can think of making this not overpowered is to remove stun from passive, what do you guys think. I appreciate any harsh feedback, the harsher the better at the moment, I really don't know how to change his ultimate into a teamfight ability without making him overpowered. Also should I make Zero Gravity a targeted ability or a skill shot to make it less reliable.

Incub0

10-02-2014

Check the grammar on that lore just as a start :P there are six full stops in that whole lore and it just honestly doesn't make sense: "finally the gods heard and called upon the great archer Yi because one boy, who suffered great pain to the poor". I'm a bit of a believer in passives only being as good as their synchronicity with the rest of the kit so can't judge the rest.

P.S. bonus dmg/ms passives are so average, maybe he gains range the more crit chance he has? I feel like that makes sense with his whole sniper thing idk

Sylpharion

10-02-2014

I feel like Artemis is more of a mage, but with your idea I can probably make him into a critical chance reliant Mage. I think we need more critical chance items that give you ability power in my point of view, but because there are none giving Artemis a critical wise champion isn't really possible at the moment.

Quote:
Incub0:
Check the grammar on that lore just as a start :P there are six full stops in that whole lore and it just honestly doesn't make sense: "finally the gods heard and called upon the great archer Yi because one boy, who suffered great pain to the poor". I'm a bit of a believer in passives only being as good as their synchronicity with the rest of the kit so can't judge the rest.

P.S. bonus dmg/ms passives are so average, maybe he gains range the more crit chance he has? I feel like that makes sense with his whole sniper thing idk

I hope your happy, I did the lore for you :[
Also reply to your P.S is above.

Sylpharion

10-02-2014

omg p.q he actually has abilities.

Incub0

10-02-2014

Quote:
Fayde:

I hope your happy, I did the lore for you :[

Haha you're The punctuation is definitely improved but the sentences are still broken? take the first one for example: "Back in early Runeterra, where it was surrounded by fierce suns that would shine both day and night, to the point where people could no longer live.". 'Where it was' should really be 'when it was' because you're talking about a time when the suns shone, not a place where they shone. I also have no idea what is with this Yi character? Master Yi? But he wasn't an archer... The gods called Yi because of a boy, something about poor people suffering, then someone learning his lesson but idk if its Yi or the boy or Artemis. Then he deserved something, but idk what he got that he deserved, then he gave that something to the people affected by his power. Who's power? Yi's? Artemis'? The poor boy's? And who gave them what? It's very broken and the sentences just don't read well at all, you don't have to add any more, just make sense of what you have.
Also on a side note, in Greek mythology, Artemis is the name of the goddess of the hunt (female) and it's her twin brother Apollo who is the (male) God of archery and the sun and who drives the sun across the sky in a chariot.

Raige

10-03-2014

Would just like to mention that Artemis is a girls name of Greek origin from the god Artemis.

Sylpharion

10-03-2014

Yes but I'm using Artemis as a name, not a character to base off mythology, I'm basing this off the Chinese Mythology. Artemis is just a given name, while Yi was the name of the archer, I'm going to make Yi an unnamed person to stop the confusion with Master Yi.
To be honest, it's not broken is just confusing if I give the archer an identity, and I did explain clearly who Artemis, I think it's not broken, but you don't know the background of where this is coming from that's why it's so much more confusing.
I'd recommend you to read about the Chinese myth, the 10 suns.

Removed bits of it to make it less confusing.

And yes, I know Artemis is a girl's name in Greek Mythology, but right now it is a unisex name. Artemis was originally going to be a girl but I was like, no. No more Ashes pls.

Artemis can be a boy or a girls name since I'm not referring this to the greek mythology, but more of it having a greek background. [the name.]

Sylpharion

10-05-2014

FINALLY! Added him ultimate, reworked his W and smaller things but I won't take a record of it, until now.

Sylpharion

10-08-2014

Bump

Sylpharion

10-11-2014

Bump