Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Is top lane Leona viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xicious

10-01-2014

So I've been watching some gameplay videos and I've noticed a couple of Leona tops out there; They tend to build tanky with a hint of a damage through a Triforce. Is Leona top actually a viable pick or just a dream of the metabreakers?

BarryButcher

10-01-2014

Just a dream right now. But since Alistar top is a thing, all it takes is 1 pro player to use it in a pro game and it will become "normal".

Renai Kanade

10-01-2014

Leona top is very easy to zone with most champions, and unles she goers full Ap, she won't do that much damage anyway.

BarryButcher

10-01-2014

I've seen Leona Jungle too. Just as good (if not better) than Maokai ganks. She just sucks at farming

cheeseguy37

10-02-2014

I am a Leona player (Formally main her now that I switched to Braum) and playing Leona for a while now. She is a viable top laner and jungler as she has ganking potential and harass potential and she is a tank so that makes it harder for top laners to lane against a leona. Although there are flaws with her so I don't suggest playing her top every game. Plus some people think Leona is a **** champion so take note of that.

Child

10-04-2014

There are better top laners out there, especially with her lack of a passive and farming with her is rather difficult. Against ranged champions (Kayle, even Vayne) she gets kited very easily unless they go all in

Mui

10-12-2014

Top lane Leona is only viable against some champions top lane. If your picking Leona top against a Teemo or Kayle and don't have any help from your Jungler, it will be very hard for you to shutdown your lane opponent and carry the game. All you would be relying on is Jungler ganks and pure scaling from your levels and skills.

Leona jungle can be easily shutdown by counter ganks but ganking potential is high. Leona is also very slow at jungling though.

The only time a leona top might kill a decent player top is having a sheen, somehow free farming and getting tons of AP , Multiple trades in succession where the enemy does not extend retaliation trade against you, easy follow up from jungler camping top (you probably want to share half of the kills with the jungler).

The champions that appear top are just usually too tanky or will just out-trade you unless they let you start the trade and you do the mass auto attack reset combo on leona.

Leona support on the other hand will usually be facing bot lane champions which are all squishy and easy to lock down to blow up.

without jungler interference I can see Leona being able to match or blow up champions like: Vlad <even>, Trundle <win>, Talon <win>, Shyvana <win>, Rumble <win>, Kennen <win>, Velkoz <win>, Xerath <win>, Annie <win>, Lissandra <win>, Fiddlesticks <win>, Ziggs <even/win>, Vi <even/win>, Shen <even/win>, Karthus <even/win>

Although please note leona top still can be easily countered by good mechanics by players very easily and probably will only work from bronze to low gold

lols

10-13-2014

@BarryButcher

Or if Leona top becomes a regular on the Korean scene. #evelynnsupport

Devil God King

11-17-2014

duo with a camping jungle and competent +3 maybe

Devil God King

11-17-2014

the leona should take relic too