Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Update to ranked rewards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Flash

09-23-2014

You only just mention this now you ****s?

moonshinehi

09-23-2014

Quote:
Riot Socrates:
Hey all,

In our previous messaging around the end of the season (http://oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/competitive/end-season-rewards-and-new-master-tier), we announced the rewards players could earn when ranked play in the 2014 season comes to a close. The next step is going a little more into detail about how you can earn those rewards.

You’ll earn rewards based on your solo queue tier when the season ends and the tier your highest-ranked 5v5 teams are in at the end of the season. You can earn unique summoner icons for each queue (solo and 5v5), but for teams you must have won at least ten games with that team in each specific team queue.

Season rewards are intended to not only recognize great individual play, but also positive sportsmanship and success in a team game. As a result, the most negative players who are also Chat Restricted at the end of the season will be ineligible to earn ranked rewards such as the loading screen borders or Victorious Morgana champion skin.

While the overwhelming majority of players will not affected by this ruling, we wanted to message it well in advance so that any players concerned about their behavior have more than enough time to adjust and reform before the end of the season.

-Riot Socrates

so that means if I play enough games and get rid of my chat restriction I will be eligible for end of season rewards?

Zyntrix

09-23-2014

Quote:
Riot Socrates:
Hey all,

In our previous messaging around the end of the season (http://oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/competitive/end-season-rewards-and-new-master-tier), we announced the rewards players could earn when ranked play in the 2014 season comes to a close. The next step is going a little more into detail about how you can earn those rewards.

You’ll earn rewards based on your solo queue tier when the season ends and the tier your highest-ranked 5v5 teams are in at the end of the season. You can earn unique summoner icons for each queue (solo and 5v5), but for teams you must have won at least ten games with that team in each specific team queue.

Season rewards are intended to not only recognize great individual play, but also positive sportsmanship and success in a team game. As a result, the most negative players who are also Chat Restricted at the end of the season will be ineligible to earn ranked rewards such as the loading screen borders or Victorious Morgana champion skin.

While the overwhelming majority of players will not affected by this ruling, we wanted to message it well in advance so that any players concerned about their behavior have more than enough time to adjust and reform before the end of the season.

-Riot Socrates

What will the Masters Tier Reward get? And would it be possible to have Victorius Skins granted to Silvers?

Maraudaur

Community Coordinator

09-23-2014

@moonshinehi
Even if players have chat restrictions they can still earn rewards if they show improvement. The chat restricted players with the worst behavior won't earn rewards.

@Zyntrix
The Victorious Skins are only for players who have achieved Gold or higher

Lord Jiraiya

09-23-2014

Quote:

Will not 'be' affected. Just saying

HeimerHolocaust

09-23-2014

i have had like 10 sets of chat restrictions this year but im trying to improve lel
can i still get it?

Zyntrix

09-23-2014

Quote:
Riot Maraudaur:
@moonshinehi
Even if players have chat restrictions they can still earn rewards if they show improvement. The chat restricted players with the worst behavior won't earn rewards.

@Zyntrix
The Victorious Skins are only for players who have achieved Gold or higher

If they added Master Tier, Wouldn't that mean more rewards for the better Tiers?
Maybe a Master Skin? That goes after Victorious Skin?

Ghosthree3

09-23-2014

I really don't think rewards should be given for ranked teams tbh (that aren't unique for that queue, unique item, border IN THAT QUEUE etc). Because it's way too easily exploited. Anyone that deserves to be on a Gold 5v5 team should also be able to get Gold in solo queue easily enough and earn their rewards. Those that can't are getting boosted in 5v5s by friends or people that charge to earn you rewards.

I'm talking about the Victorious skin mostly, but there are other rewards I believe. Is the border still unique to queue?

TurtwigZ

09-23-2014

Why did you make the Vic Skin Look like Cassiopeia -_- I was keen for the Cass Skin.

Support Of Eorza

09-24-2014

Sooooooo
People who are trying to help and point out flaws in another players play style then get chat blocked dont get the rewards?
Sure, because thats fair.