Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

When to Start PvP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RicePrezPip

09-12-2014

So, I'm Level 9, and bot matches on the same map with pretty much the same champions is getting a little dull. I wanna try PvP but since the only characters I know are ADCs who usually chill in bottom lane, I'm questioning whether or not jumping into PvP is a good idea, especially when I went to spectate some custom games and saw nearly everyone was Level 30s.

Should I continue botting until Level 10 or just jump right in and see what happens.

EDIT: My main champions are Ashe and Twitch. Mostly Twitch. I was pretty good with Ziggs but he costs money I don't have.

Baza111

09-13-2014

Hey man, i'm not much help as i'm new as well but since nobody as replied, I might add that im only level 7 going on 8 and i played PvP as soon as I could, its a bit hard at first but give it a go and see how you do, its alot funner but the skill is alot more compared to bots, goodluck!

RicePrezPip

09-13-2014

I tried some and found it pretty fun! Especially ARAM which was just pure chaos.

BarryButcher

09-14-2014

Start whenever you feel comfortable. ARAM's are fun and most people treat it as such, although you wont really learn much from them since the builds and playstyle is completely different to normal games.

Just remember it is just a game. A lot of people think LoL is life which is why you get a lot of ragers and people who will yell and scream and blame everyone but themselves for losing.
Once you learn these people don't matter and shouldn't care what they think, PvP is just fun.

I was scared when i first started playing. You just have to play and learn. I found that watching Youtube and streamers on twitch helped me learnt he basics a lot quicker and then you can go play PVP without looking like a complete fool LOL

Kea

09-14-2014

Hey man add me or my main Roderick Grey ingame if you ever want any tips

Soulius

09-14-2014

Hey this also goes for an newbies reading this thread.

When you start playing LoL it can be hard to pick up from scratch and learn the dynamics of the game, i found that videos on Youtube like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNwbrHKoujE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNwbrHKoujE) Are VERY useful in developing your skills as a player!

And also don't be afraid to add friends, if you play with someone who is friendly or helps you out i'm sure they would be glad to give you some more advice.

So once you have learned to play a couple of champions try PvP, even if you lose you will still gain valuable experience which will help you become a better player

Good luck!

InsidiousEclipse

09-17-2014

I'm only lvl 6 and I have been playing mostly normals when I hit lvl 3. I still wouldn't mind having some friends to play with.

Add insidiouseclipse

lols

09-29-2014

I went straight into bots at level 5 on this account. Mind you I already have 3 level 30s on this server and an account on the Korean server and the Chinese server. But honestly, play bots when you're comfortable. In this day and age though, encountering smurfs is very common, so only start playing PvP when you're comfortable. Other than that continue playing bots and honing in on your mechanics. My best advice if you do want to start PvP is to play with friends. So even though you may be lacking experience you will have friends in game who will be able to help you if you indeed end up matched with players who are better than you.

Kind Regards,
Stephan

littlemisscheeky

10-28-2014

What I found helpful in transitioning from bots to PvP is to first try and make friends when you are playing bots. If you run into a friendly summoner, send them a friend request. Sometimes you may find an entire team of friendly players. From there I just send them invites to a PvP game. Even if you don't have 5 players, you're less likely to run into toxic players and have arguments on roles. Hope that helps!

Renai Kanade

10-30-2014

PvP is more fun when you're playing with friends, but it can also be fun solo too, and try to follow the lane setups. That being said just play what you want really and have fun, don't listen to people that flame you ( you're a new player, who can blame you?). Also, ARAM is a good mode, but you won't get to practice basically most of LoL's aspects like farming, jungling, warding. I suggest playing PvP when you get to a bit higher level as then the chance of getting a smurf player on your or the other team's will be reduced.

You can add me and we can play I'm usually chill too.