Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

OCE Network Diagnostics Update

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IWaZzAI

08-28-2014

@Riot Oceanic Live Technicians:

In regards to the Firewall error after champ select:

I'd like to help by running some tests from an affected computer / ISP (TPG). Let me know if this might be useful or a waste of time:

Is there a way to test the direct connection to your servers?

I have received a list of all the OCE servers from the support team and was thinking about running a .bat file to ping each one. However, "Request timed out" is a common theme on each server. But as pointed out in your original post this doesn't mean that I can't actually connect.

Reasoning behind it is I feel there are probably particular servers that TPG users cant connect to (due to the fact that when I get the firewall error and queued with a friend who is in a different City with TPG he also get's it (100% of the time).

I'd like to find the culprit server!

Let me know your thoughts, or if I can help in any other way.

ToxicHawk

Lead Live Technician - Oceania
Follow ToxicHawk on Twitter

08-28-2014

Quote:
IWaZzAI:
@Riot Oceanic Live Technicians:

In regards to the Firewall error after champ select:

I'd like to help by running some tests from an affected computer / ISP (TPG). Let me know if this might be useful or a waste of time:

Is there a way to test the direct connection to your servers?

I have received a list of all the OCE servers from the support team and was thinking about running a .bat file to ping each one. However, "Request timed out" is a common theme on each server. But as pointed out in you're original post this doesn't mean that I can't actually connect.

Reasoning behind it is I feel there are probably particular servers that TPG users cant connect to (due to the fact that when I get the firewall error and queued with a friend who is in a different City with TPG he also get's it (100% of the time).

I'd like to find the culprit server!

Let me know your thoughts, or if I can help in any other way.

Thank you for reaching out to us, we were actually discussing something like this earlier this week.

We would love to work with you to further our analysis of the issue.

If you haven't already, can you please fill out the Diagnostic Tool (http://oce.leagueoflegends.com/tools/network-logs) so we have your details and we will reach out to you.

-ToxicHawk

IWaZzAI

08-28-2014

Quote:
Riot ToxicHawk:
Thank you for reaching out to us, we were actually discussing something like this earlier this week.

We would love to work with you to further our analysis of the issue.

If you haven't already, can you please fill out the Diagnostic Tool (http://oce.leagueoflegends.com/tools/network-logs) so we have your details and we will reach out to you.

-ToxicHawk

No problem at all, if I can help provide any information that helps in some way then it's worth the time.

I have already filled out the older form, but not the new one. I am at work at the moment, so the information wouldn't include the diagnostic file. Am I better off waiting until I get home to the computer I play LoL on, or should I fill it out now?

ToxicHawk

Lead Live Technician - Oceania
Follow ToxicHawk on Twitter

08-28-2014

Quote:
IWaZzAI:
No problem at all, if I can help provide any information that helps in some way then it's worth the time.

I have already filled out the older form, but not the new one. I am at work at the moment, so the information wouldn't include the diagnostic file. Am I better off waiting until I get home to the computer I play LoL on, or should I fill it out now?

If you could do it from home it would be great.

Aegis

08-28-2014

I've just submitted my diagnostics for further investigation.

I just wanted to know, for those people who have gotten leaver marks due to these unexpected and uncontrollable situations, will there be any compensation for this?

I've just got a leave for the silly firewall error that I couldn't do anything about (after restarting client, computer and trying a different computer to desperate try to connect).

Will Riot consider any compensation for this or do we just have to accept it? (I really don't like leave marks staining my account at all)

Kangaskhan

08-28-2014

I'm in the same boat as you guys. I was playing fine all day, then randomly I get the firewall error after champ select. I tried again a couple of times, restarted my PC, Power cycled my router and closed all other background programs to no effect. Will we be compensated for? Don't really want the leave.

And I am also with TPG.

Vladex Striker

08-28-2014

Mr. Toxic Hawk
I used to have this firewall error a lot but now its completely gone.
But I'd like to know if you have had any complaints about TPG lag? This only roughly happens around 5:30pm and constantly spikes around 1000 ping making it impossible to play at night.

I've also tried downloading the Mac Diagnostic tool but its says i don't have the Privileges. I then changed it so I could Read it but it still has the problem?

Any assistance would be great!

Vladex Striker

08-28-2014

Ok i got it working now but the results from the test aren't selectable for Upload?
Thank you for your time riot staff
I really appreciate all the work you do!

Kangaskhan

08-28-2014

http://matchhistory.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/OC1/57360713/200033979 :'(

Godlikenot

08-29-2014

Can anyone help with a reason as to why my patcher wont even open. The inital symbol comes up but when it would normaly change to the actual launcher i just get the newer logo with a thin silverish bar underneath that doesnt actually do anything, the only way i can even tell that its a program is that it is visible in task manager but only under processes