Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Oceanic Skin Update

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Palutena

08-05-2014

Quote:
Chrisis:
imo release two skins. One that's Aussie and one that's Kiwi. Sell them in a bundle as the OCE skin pack. That way you don't have to worry about a unifying theme. Bonus points if the skins have special interactions when they're either in the same team or opposing.

I literally came in here to suggest this.

CCG Jacki

08-05-2014

I'm not sure if it's possible, but an Oceanic Gnar skin could be cool - Throwing a boomerang with his auto attacks/abilities his ultimate changing him into a big Dingo, Kiwi bird, Drop Bear?! rito. pls.

Rainbowsaur

08-05-2014

ROFL my mate mentioned this last night. Outback Gnar, you know he has traditional boomerang, and his evolved form he turns into a Bunyip. I couldn't stop laughing at the thought but seriously its a cool idea haha.
http://forums.oce.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=73729

TBL Leukemia

08-05-2014

Why not just release summoner icons be easier here have a NZ flag with a kiwi in front or an Australian flag with a kangaroo or a poro with their respective flags

Marco Polo

08-05-2014

I think Batsman Trynadamere would be the best skin for Oceania in my opinion. Imagine like tryndamere in full Aussie cricket team uniform with a bat as his sword.

Veebo

08-05-2014

Mabye....
Elder Lee Sin
BBQ Brand
Desert Leona
Desert Scout Teemo
Possum Volibear
Drop Bear Warwick

Thats all I got haha

CptStupendous

Community Manager

Follow CptStupendous on Twitter

08-05-2014

Quote:
Nunulicous:
Well if you made a skin for each region covered by OCE then people from Australia get their Australian skin and People from Nz get their nz Skin, or we could chose the nz skin if we like it, however... Who said they had to come out at different times? why not just release them both at the same time?

Unfortunately because the skin team is so small and the quality bar for skins so high this isn't something we can commit to with confidence.

Quote:
PRIMAWESOME:
I'm really interested to see what they pick for the Oceanic skin. I don't have any ideas, but the other day I was joking about Outback Thresh, where his joke would be "That's not a wife, this is a WIFE" and pulls out Senna's soul.

Oh man, aaaaall the lol's!

We spent a fair amount of time working on this today and have come up with a few base ideas we're going to explore. I don't want to talk about them just yet though, we need to see how viable they are. The good news is that there is (and always has been) a growing group of Rioters that are super committed to getting this over the line :-)

Jason

08-05-2014

hooray for progress!

did the list come up at all in the meeting, D1? ( or were you D2?... )

SALoL Native

08-05-2014

native or tribal ?

Aphita

08-05-2014

Thank you for the update, it's great to see this hasn't been forgotten!
I just wanted to also point out that a lot of people are suggesting another pool party skin, or a variation of a sea creature skin for fizz/nami. Although these are good skin suggestions, I feel like they are already done.
They aren't unique to OCE. I'd rather wait for something more unique than another in a series of skins.
I'm sure they will find something that represents us all.

There's also probably heaps of better suggestions, but have you considered something as simple as a bbq? I dont think theres many people in oce who doesn't love a bbq.
Go pick a champ like Lulu.
Give her a ketchup bottle to spray at people for glitter lance.
Make her polymorph them into a sausage in bread

Shove a "Kiss the Cook" apron on her and make her flip saussies on a bbq when recalling.

Or do the last part on someone like mundo and make him throw bbq tongs or empty beer bottles