Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Oceanic Skin Update

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iNoob

08-04-2014

Quote:
vNutz:
Pleaseeee respond to thissssss

Riot what do you think about making a pool party Ahri? A definite no?

I really want it and I would pay heaps of RP for it

definite no

Dota2forthewin

08-04-2014

Quote:
iNoob:
definite no

definite negative

MasterMirkinen

Country Manager - Oceania
Follow MasterMirkinen on Twitter

08-04-2014

Quote:
FortunexHunter:
i like cupcake more then mirken ^_^

This hurts!

She Looked Lv 18

08-04-2014

It's okay Mirkinen, we still love you.

I Am Cody

08-04-2014

Quote:
CptStupendous:
Hey party people!

A lot of threads have been popping up which lately and I've been called out for an update (rightly so!) I responded in another thread but I thought it made sense to create a new thread here as well. It's been a journey I can assure you all of that. We have been quiet about where it's up to and to be honest the reason why we haven't said much is we haven't had any meaningful updates. As a Player, when I hear a company say 'we're working on it' my initial thought is always 'yeah, bulls#@t'. We're working on it sounds like such a cop out even if it happens to be true.

Sadly though it is the truth. We are working on it. It's not something I spend all day every day working on, but it's definitely not something we've forgotten about. In fact, each time a new forum thread goes up the other Rioters in the office print out the thread and pin it to my desk just in case I forget:

http://imgur.com/qayjg7p

So Stupendous, if you're 'working on it' why haven't we produced an Oceanic skin? It doesn't take that long to create a skin!

You're absolutely right about that, but what does take time is coming up with the concept. Oceania is many countries and we don't feel it would be right to create a skin with an Australian theme or a skin with a Kiwi theme. We've chosen to run with concepts that appeal to multiple countries which is where things get complicated. Then mix in the quality control factors designed to ensure all new skins reach a certain bar and it's really hard to come up with a skin design which ticks all the boxes - a) relevant to Oceania as a whole b) works with a champ who's due for a skin c) ticks the quality assurance guidelines. We've had a few ideas that we thought were cool, but the champions they applied to were too far down the pipeline to wait on.

So what? Does that mean you're going to give up, sissy?

No, no it does not. We have a discussion pencilled in for tomorrow (already on the books before this post, believe it or not) to discuss a few new concepts we've come up with. From there if we think they tick the boxes we'll submit them to the skins team go from there. There are Rioters in the office as passionate about this as you guys and girls are, so I can honestly say we feel the pain! All I can do is give you my assurances that I'll continue to do my best..

We did think about an ANZAC skin, it's definitely the most notable bond between Australia and New Zealand. However at the end of the day we decided it wasn't the best way for us as a region to pay respect to our armed servicemen and women.

so I had a really long thought about the requirements, and although a ANZAC gangplank looked good >.< I decided that the whale was an oceanic icon that everyone can relate to. Furthermore, I noticed that Sejuani only has 5 skins.

My Idea:
Southerner Sejuani
~~~An individual riding A floating whale!~~~
Sejuani as he stands right now is so **** NORTHERN! lets make him a true SOUTHERNER!

Arctic Assault
(maybe we could rename is Antarctic Assault for this skin :P)
Basically the whale makes a huge swing of its tail thrusting Sejuani forward

Flail of the Northern Winds
(maybe we could rename it Flail of the Southern Winds for this skin :P)
Keep same animation that currently exists except reverse the direction of spinning

Permafrost
The whale can "blow" wind onto target freezing it!

Glacial Prison
The great ultimate!
The whale shooting water from its blowhole onto the target area which splashes onto the ground and freezes instantly!

For anyone who is having trouble visualising this, please refer to this page visualising and describing sejuanis abilities:
http://gameinfo.oce.leagueoflegends....pions/sejuani/ (http://gameinfo.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/game-info/champions/sejuani/)

Airbestcoc

08-04-2014

o is the skin gonna br free or what

GoldenTomat0

08-04-2014

Quote:
Airbestcoc:
o is the skin gonna br free or what

it's the oceanic skin, everyone on OCE gets it for free.

vNutz

08-04-2014

Quote:
iNoob:
definite no

why?

Zarlakk

08-04-2014

It's actually so nice to Riot staff posting stuff like this, keeping us accurately informed with what is happening behind closed doors

Light In White

08-04-2014

Quote:
MasterMirkinen:
This hurts!

Why cant we love both ?