Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Student & Mentor Finder Oceania Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Visarin

09-30-2013

you should try get the roles of the mentors on the front, although most can play every role, maybe a student is looking for the role specific tips! just a thought! i main adc for anyone needing help btw :P plat 2 now!

WatermelonSlayer

10-02-2013

[B]Student

IGN: WatermelonSlayer

Roles: Adc and Mid (I can top and jungle)

I don't know why but I just can't mid . I have recently started adcing and am improving heaps already

JIHADZKNIGHT

10-04-2013

Student
JIHADZKNIGHT

hi im having trouble with mages and marksmen i dont know how to handle them everytime i meet them face to face either its on bot , top , mid i dont know how to take them down without chasing them.

Fifinho

10-17-2013

Mentor

IGN: Fifinho

Division: Silver II

Main Roles: Support and Jungle

As I mentioned above, support and jungle are my primary roles so that's what I can teach the most on, particularly if you're looking to play aggressively like I do. That being said, I can probably offer a few handy tips relevant to other roles but they would probably only benefit absolute newbies. Otherwise, feel free to add me in game if you wanna duo, analyse a game, just chat or whatever, I'm happy to help whatever way I can.

Kyaine Draconix

10-18-2013

Quote:
Visarin:
you should try get the roles of the mentors on the front, although most can play every role, maybe a student is looking for the role specific tips! just a thought! i main adc for anyone needing help btw :P plat 2 now!

Visarin add me please in game, I want help.

Visarin

10-18-2013

I'm going to open up a thread on my website forum about coaching soon, hopefully i can help more people that way. Check the website out and i'll let you know when its updated. http://www.edgegaming.net

Also just a progression report, I am now almost Diamond 4, strongest roles are now definately ADC and support!

Ollehm

10-21-2013

Student
IGN: Ollehm
Division: Silver IV
Main Roles: Jungle/Top (but want to learn all)

I'm still quite new to the game and I would like to learn anything and everything from higher ranked players. Add me to teach me a thing or two! Or just add me for a chat, always up for that.

Cheers

Sen

10-22-2013

This is a really nice idea, gj.

L Minkywhale

10-22-2013

Nice idea i really like this

Mentor: D1
IGN: iM minky intel
Willing to mentor Gold I+ players who are hoping to get into competitive scene.
All roles: Support/Mid are my strongest and most knowledgeable

vPython

10-22-2013

vPython

Student

Not level 30 yet! Got ALOT to learn, I'm level 28, want to be able to go into my provisionals in s4 as a strong player striving for silver. I have 2 accounts both lvl 28, (leveled both there myself). I would name myself as an extremely strong jungler for my level, a strong mid laner, average top laner, average support, but terrible ADC.

The only thing I really want to be mentored in:

I suck at knowing when to go in, and knowing when to back out. At the moment, I am one of the most reckless players you'll ever play with, in some cases this will work out for the best, especially when I'm playing champs with high mobility, but alot of the time this end up with a death trade, an eye for an eye, me getting a kill and taking so much damage I die and give an assist. I'm getting better at picking my fights, knowing my strengths and weaknesses, and analysing their gameplay and items. Especially early game, but as soon as mid ticks into late game I become reckless, outgoing, and will do anything for that kill. In my head I'm thinking "1 more kill and I can grab this item" or something. But then i get the kill, I die, and I can't fight for ages.

I would really appreciate a mentor, I'd do anything for one, thanks for making this post Kyaine!

TL;DR:
Student in need of a mentor to help me play ADC roles, tank roles, and teach me to pick my fights, know when to go in and when to play it safe.