Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Student & Mentor Finder Oceania Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Source Code

08-07-2013

Quote:
Finalii:
1. Finalii, a student.
2. I've been loving adc, but it is usually taken, so I would like some help
on jungling, as it's usually the only role left (but it is great fun!) so far
I have jungled as Shyvana, and ADC at Vayne and Ezreal.

Hey Finalii, I've kind of been in your position before, I used to love mid and top, but often I'd get put into either support or jungle, and I was TERRIBLE at jungling when I started.

So what I did, is I just kept playing jungler, even though I wasn't the best, I did it. Alot about jungling is map awareness, know which laners have wards in their inventory, knowing where their jungler is so you can counter jungle. In my opinion a gank is successful if you blow one of their summoner spells, get a kill, or force them to recall (giving your laner no pressure farming). If you're a jungler with a skillshot, sometimes you can save it for a few seconds while they try and juke uselessly, then when you get up close use it.

the biggest tip I have for you is just play jungler, you'll get used to it trust me, it'll just come to you when to gank, and when to farm etc, thats how I learnt

ESC Static

08-07-2013

IGN: ASC Stat1c
Student AND Mentor
Tier: I'm a Silver 3 solo que player and captaining a silver 2 ranked team.

Student: I am hoping to improve in all aspects of the game, I'm looking for a high tier mentor if you feel you could help me please add me on client.

I'm devoted to improving and I'm trying my hardest to do so as you can see through my thread http://forums.oce.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=11715&highlight=asc+stat1c

Mentor: I am willing to teach anyone willing to learn from me including coaching ranked teams.

Shadow Pulse

08-07-2013

Shadow Pulse
Student
Favourite role is Jungle
Main roles are Jungle/Mid/Top
Can play every role
Favourite champions from each role:
Top: Jax, Kennen, Wukong and Darius
Jungle: Jarvan IV, Sejuani, Nautilus, Master Yi, Rengar and Kha'zix.
Mid: Lux, Fizz, Cassiopeia and Talon.
ADC: Caitlyn, Quinn and Vayne.
Support: Leona, Zyra and Thresh.
Bronze 2, and used to be Silver 5 on North America.

ESC Static

08-07-2013

It's difficult to contact people in order to know if your able to help them if they aren't posting what tier they are in.

Source Code

08-07-2013

Quote:
ASC Stat1c:
It's difficult to contact people in order to know if your able to help them if they aren't posting what tier they are in.

you can always look them up on lolking

Kyaine Draconix

08-07-2013

Okay I will add tier information into the list but I need to know what tier your in first. Also I haven't played ranked but I know adc very well.

Hotdogs

08-08-2013

how does mentoring work? do people comment on replays?

ESC Static

08-08-2013

Quote:
Hotdogs:
how does mentoring work? do people comment on replays?

I would assume it would be different for each mentor, really its a way of getting free lessons and although your mentor may not be diamond 1 or challenger they still may be able to help. The format for teaching between mentor and student I would imagine to differ based on each circumstance.

Kyaine Draconix

08-08-2013

I'm on the search for someone to give me some tips on my gameplay because I am on a huge losing steak.

Wi Tu Lo

08-08-2013

Buddar
Student
ADC, Support and Jungle
I usually play support in ranked (as Janna) but I would like to learn ADC and jungle aswell, For jungle I'm learning Trick0850's "My ways" to Nunu and Udyr, For ADC I'm thinking of learning Draven, Kog'maw and maybe Varus. For support I'm wanting to learn Nami and Sona. I will need to buy; Draven, Kog'maw, Varus, Nami and Sona before I can start practicing them so I want to focus mainly on Jungle (Nunu and Udyr) so I can get better at Ganking, Counter-ganking, Routes and Counter-Jungling. I'm a Bronze 4 player (on the edge of becoming a bronze 5) that wants to get to around Silver/gold.