Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Student & Mentor Finder Oceania Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyaine Draconix

08-02-2013

Thank you Chennyalan. If you ever up for a game feel free to add me ^_^

Source Code

08-02-2013

Afflat0x

Mentor
No main role (imo I can play all roles at about the same skill level)
Silver 5

Add and message me in-game if you want tips on any champion/role or anything else

EDIT: my mains are: Mid - Lux, Jungle - Nocturne, Top - Lee Sin, Support - Janna, no main ADC (but I'm a pretty good AP Varus player )

TankerInc

08-02-2013

Tankerinc

Student

Middle Ahri , Jungle Vi, Support Vi.

Primarily Middle, following Jungle and Support.

Help with :

Jungle Vi: Not dieing when I try to gank. How to jungle even though they ward lanes. How to really help my team with ganks and so on

Middle Ahri: Help with learning the combos to be able to do a killing move. How to team fight with her.

Support Vi: Maybe a better champion or some way to open more aspects of the killing with her. Right now if I don't get rager's and people just think " Okay lets try it " I have 70% win rate as support with her. So if someone can help me understand a bit more in this role it would be great.

Jerralius

08-02-2013

Quote:
TankerInc:
Tankerinc

Student

Middle Ahri , Jungle Vi, Support Vi.

Primarily Middle, following Jungle and Support.

Help with :

Jungle Vi: Not dieing when I try to gank. How to jungle even though they ward lanes. How to really help my team with ganks and so on

Middle Ahri: Help with learning the combos to be able to do a killing move. How to team fight with her.

Support Vi: Maybe a better champion or some way to open more aspects of the killing with her. Right now if I don't get rager's and people just think " Okay lets try it " I have 70% win rate as support with her. So if someone can help me understand a bit more in this role it would be great.

Tanker, I'd really love to see vi support, I never really considered her as a viable pick, but she does have great utility and her q makes a great poke, as well as her being tanky. I will try and play a few games as her and see if I can get some tips and advice.

In addition, I also play a substantial amount of Vi Jjungle, so I may be able to offer some advice on this.

Skimin

08-02-2013

@TankerInc - Vi is an awesome jungler so I commend you for choosing her

Tips: I hope you're using a 9/21/0 Build on her if you want to be that tanky jungler who ganks - I'm curious to know what your favourite lanes are to gank. Knowing how to gank might be something you'd want to learn.

Gank/Engage the lane from a bush - Charge your Q and line up that Charge!!! (I don't advise using smartcast with Vi) - Don't tower dive at low levels (Sub 5) Unless you can guarantee a kill and get out safely.

Vi as a support I wouldn't recommend simply because Vi only has 1 CC effect until her ultimate. You might like Blitzcrank as a support otherwise Alistar is always a fun choice.

Ahri is a pretty high skill champion due to her two main spells orientating around skill shots, so my tip is to just practise throwing those out consistently and chaining the shots together (I'm hoping your computer can run LoL decently with her). Basically casting Q straight after the E and mixing in the R and W in afterwards.

TankerInc

08-02-2013

Quote:
Skimin:
@TankerInc - Vi is an awesome jungler so I commend you for choosing her

Tips: I hope you're using a 9/21/0 Build on her if you want to be that tanky jungler who ganks - I'm curious to know what your favourite lanes are to gank. Knowing how to gank might be something you'd want to learn.

Gank/Engage the lane from a bush - Charge your Q and line up that Charge!!! (I don't advise using smartcast with Vi) - Don't tower dive at low levels (Sub 5) Unless you can guarantee a kill and get out safely.

Vi as a support I wouldn't recommend simply because Vi only has 1 CC effect until her ultimate. You might like Blitzcrank as a support otherwise Alistar is always a fun choice.

Ahri is a pretty high skill champion due to her two main spells orientating around skill shots, so my tip is to just practise throwing those out consistently and chaining the shots together (I'm hoping your computer can run LoL decently with her). Basically casting Q straight after the E and mixing in the R and W in afterwards.

Vi Support is great. Because you can charge. Reduce the armor and at level 6. Completely own the lane.
Vi jungle I go 21/9/0 I will try the tank build and see how that goes.

Jungling: I like to gank bot the most. 2 more to kill { =-P } and the ADC is normally the easiest to own. But the issue I face is wards. to me I feel like I just use ghost to run by while hoping they didn't see me. So is there a trick to them? I keep thinking it is a timer thing. But always at 4 min mark { thinking they dropped it at 2 min } I can gank but go to do it and they run because they saw me.

Ahri: I can land skill shots and so on. But the issue that I face is team fights. How do I chain them together in team fight to allow me to get kills. I got a few kills in team fights but just seems I am always just not getting in when it comes to that.
I normally max my Q then W and then E { Always going R when I can } but I just cannot seem to get it going right. So combo like this E { Charm } then I use Q { The ball } followed by W { 3 balls of fire } Then it seems I just spam R to try and finish it.

Skimin

08-03-2013

@ TankerInc

Mmm maybe I'm just used to the conventional support champs with more CC and longevity, nice to hear a new style but being melee has its downfalls.

Ahhh yes wards... Most people don't appear to use them often in the middle and top lanes, Top is easier to gank compared to mid, however Vi has one of the best gap closers in game so use and abuse it

Ganking bot - theres two ways to avoid ward locations.

As blue - They'll usually have river bush ward or around dragon - run past your wraiths towards their blue golems - and charge over the wall directly underneath blue (when the jungler isn't there) and run towards the tri bush near their tower. You can try to initiate a fight under the tower from here but it's a risky maneuver. Otherwise its just about sneaking through the lane bush.

Top is a bit easier as you can run into the baron pit and charge across towards the tri bush.

As purple - Bot can be ganked by charging from dragon pit into tri-bush then run into lane behind them. Top is the mirrored version of blue's bot so its a bit riskier.

Mid - Middle can be ganked from the river bushes from either side - BUT with the power of Vi's charge you could technical appear from the river banks as well (So no the water but the ground) - Charge across the terrain to appear but you don't have any other CC spells other than your Ultimate at that point.

The problem with being a jungler is... asking your teammates if the opponent has warded etc, generally what you want to do as well is hit tab - look at the mini map watch for ward purchases.

Ohhh thought of someone you might like in replacement of Vi support - Leona - She has a charge - Sort of an armor reduction - A stun, A root and an AoE stun/slow. I like the idea of it but within my mind it's difficult to see Vi being a high level support champ.

With Ahri - You've got the spells there but remember there is the option to auto attack between your R dashes, Spamming it does sort of work - but work an auto attack in - reposition then R again before the 10 seconds to recast is over. By the 2nd dash, you should nearly have your spells back up so its either reposition for the 3rd R or wait it out for the 2nd casts of EQW. However you're more likely to have QW up not E. Mixing in a Deathfire Grasp into your build might be handy as well. Hopefully that helps.

Finalii

08-05-2013

1. Finalii, a student.
2. I've been loving adc, but it is usually taken, so I would like some help
on jungling, as it's usually the only role left (but it is great fun!) so far
I have jungled as Shyvana, and ADC at Vayne and Ezreal.

D20 Rangastorm

08-05-2013

rangastorm

support, AP carry

I'm relatively new to LoL but have played a fair amount of DotA 2 so i know the main mechanics and can play reasonably ok.

My problem with supporting is that i never know when to cast spells (i tend to accidentally kill steal) and where to place wards, also the only champions I've played support on are Sona, Kayle and Nidalee.

With AP Carry my problem is what items i should build and which skills to put points in. I usually play Twisted Fate, Annie or Nidalee for this role (what can i say, i like Nidalee's skill set).

Edit: as a side note, i am pretty much hopeless at the other roles

Edit: I am level 13 at the moment and slowly moving up.

Kyaine Draconix

08-06-2013

Added you guys to the list.