Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Another Summoner has joined Riot!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Steiny

Desktop Analyst

06-30-2014

Sup Oceania!

I've been blessed by Riot Games with the opportunity to Support Rioters along with the Community and troll as I deem fit. You'll probably be seeing more of me on these forums so I wanted to give you a big 'ol howdy introduction, with a "Ask me Anything" post.

Am I good a League - unfortunately even though I've been playing since Beta, I'm pretty mediocre. (not enough time dedicated to the game!) =(

What do I do@Riot - I configure/setup & support "IT related" technologies at the Riot office in Sydney. Including such things as troubleshooting issues & fulfilling request for printers, email, laptops, monitors, telephony, file shares, Rioter Accounts. To name a few things!

What did I do before Riot - I worked in IT Desktop Support for a Managed Service Provider (pretty similar job, just not as cool of a company!)

What do I do in my spare time - I'm an avid traveler, that use to do a whole bunch of hiking and rock climbing. I now spend less time doing that and more time liking tasty craft beers and wines. Enjoy spending time with my other half and playing league whenever I can.

Favorite Beer - generally I like hoppy summery type beers but Bright Brewery down in the town of Bright in Victoria has my favorite beer of all time which is a Belgium’s Dubbel!

=)

Steiny

Best Burrito AU

06-30-2014

Welcome to the fold.

No one leaves without scars.

A cute Charizard

06-30-2014

Welcome and enjoy your stay

FauxSho

06-30-2014

"Howdy" Confirmed 'murican.

I kid, I kid. Welcome aboard!
Look forward to seeing you around the place making people's days just by saying hi!

Quick question if I may
I currently work in IT Support as part of a traineeship, doing generalised support for a school. Maintaining their servers, laptops, workstations etc.
Would that be a good background for your type of work?

Must be a nice company to work for.
I love what I do currently and am extremely satisified with where I am currently, but Riot does seem like an extremely enjoyable employer. I guess just thinknig in future directions as no one ever really stays with just the one job.

Look forward to seeing you around!

Master Yoda

06-30-2014

WELCOME RED

How did you come up with your name?

BTW i think you should pop in and say hello on my thread. It's where all the rioters are hanging out atm

Akivir

06-30-2014

What role do you main? :P

co2pop

06-30-2014

Are you going to do anything about the complete lack of skill and intelligence amongst oceanic players, or will getting to diamond and challenger always be a dice roll between otherwise bronze level players

Steiny

Desktop Analyst

06-30-2014

Quote:
FauxSho:
"Howdy" Confirmed 'murican.

I kid, I kid. Welcome aboard!
Look forward to seeing you around the place making people's days just by saying hi!

Ty =)

Quote:

Quick question if I may
I currently work in IT Support as part of a traineeship, doing generalised support for laptop, user account setup, server maintenance etc.
Would that be a good background for your type of work?

Yep sounds similar to how I started out. Best 2 things I ever for my career. Found a job at a Manager Service Provider - these are the types of companies that support other companies IT and do IT consulting work for them. Reason for that is because you learn SOOOO much.

Second thing was did some Microsoft certifications. (You done any?)Study wise you can do it all yourself, costs very little and to sit the exams once you're comfortable with what you've been studying is like $200.

Just create some VM's at home and build your federation!!!! =)

Quote:

Must be a nice company to work for.
I love what I do currently and am extremely satisified with where I am currently, but Riot does seem like an extremely enjoyable employer. I guess just thinknig in future directions as no one ever really stays with just the one job.

Look forward to seeing you around!

Yeh you too!

Best company I've worked for ever, couldn't be happier, except if I could afford a house in Sydney! =)

Psyper

06-30-2014

Quote:
co2pop:
Are you going to do anything about the complete lack of skill and intelligence amongst oceanic players, or will getting to diamond and challenger always be a dice roll between otherwise bronze level players

Wait are you still not permed lel?

fawesomez

06-30-2014

If two bronze players queue up what do they make?