Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Oceania, the most toxic server

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pillay

06-08-2014

Dear Riot staff member,

I would like to know when the tribunal is coming to the League of Legends Oceania server.

Players on this server can feed, troll, AFK, trash talk and abuse other players as much as they like, and with no consequence. Players like this make the game unpleasant for people like myself and currently there is nothing stopping their behaviour.

Our time is wasted when we are matched with a duo queue of trolls who won't surrender and we are forced to endure 35-40 minutes of unpleasant game play.

In about 50% of the games I play, I will encounter one of these toxic players, either in my team or the enemy team.

All players are prompted to accept the Terms of Use before they are able to play, which states that, "BY CLICKING THE "ACCEPT" BUTTON BELOW, OR BY PARTICIPATING IN THE GAME, OR BY USING THE HTTP://NA.LEAGUEOFLEGENDS.COM WEBSITE AND RELATED WEBPAGES (THE “SITE”), YOU AGREE THAT THIS AGREEMENT IS ENFORCEABLE LIKE ANY WRITTEN CONTRACT SIGNED BY YOU".

Also, stated in the Code of Conduct: "While using any of the Properties, you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. You also agree to comply with certain additional rules that govern your use of the Properties (the "Code of Conduct&quot. The Code of Conduct is not meant to be exhaustive, and Riot Games reserves the right to modify this Code of Conduct at any time, as well as take appropriate disciplinary measures including Account termination and deletion to protect the integrity and spirit of the Properties, regardless of whether a specific behavior is listed here as prohibited."

Breaches that are seen daily on the League of Legends Oceania server include:
(as listed in the Code of Conduct, under the Terms of Use)

C. Harassing, stalking, or threatening any other users in the Game;

E. Transmitting or communicating any content which, in the sole and exclusive discretion of Riot Games, is deemed offensive, including, but not limited to, language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;

G. Spamming chat, whether for personal or commercial purposes, by disrupting the flow of conversation with repeated postings of a similar nature;

J. Using any unauthorized third party programs, including but not limited to "mods," "hacks," "cheats," "scripts," "bots," "trainers," and automation programs, that interact with the Software in any way, for any purpose, including, without limitation, any unauthorized third party programs that intercept, emulate, or redirect any communication between the Software and Riot Games and any unauthorized third party programs that collect information about the Game by reading areas of memory used by the Software to store information;

L. Selecting a Summoner name that is falsely indicative of an association with Riot Games, contains personally identifying information, infringes on the proprietary or non-proprietary rights of third parties, or that is offensive, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable. You may not use a misspelling or an alternative spelling to circumvent this restriction on Summoner name choices. Riot Games may modify any name which, in the sole and exclusive judgment of Riot Games, violates this provision without further notification to you, and may take further disciplinary measures, including Account termination, for repeated violations;

Currently, players are able to breach any of these rules with no consequence from Riot Games.

If I were to send a screenshot as evidence of a player who had violated any part of the Code of Conduct or Terms of Use, will any action be taken by members of Riot Games to ban that person?

This is an issue that has to be addressed on the League of Legends Oceania server.

Many thanks,

Pillay

s1eepiness

06-08-2014

I'm interested to see Riot's response to this.

I have stopped playing ranked because of the same issue.

Dikkpaste

06-08-2014

Take some note of this Riot, its about time...

Martinez123

06-09-2014

Completely agree. Too much harassment, spamming, etc.

A Flying Brick

06-09-2014

The tribunal is coming.
Also since OCE is small the ammount of toxic players just seems to be more.
Percenagewise yes, actual numbers no.
Back in NA it's different, the actual numbers are high, but the percenage is low due to a high server population.

Just keep reporting, they can't be banned if they don't get reported.

Rastabaxus

06-10-2014

Quote:
s1eepiness:
I'm interested to see Riot's response to this.

I have stopped playing ranked because of the same issue.

Ditto. The Tribunal has been coming for a long time now, I'm cynical now on when it will be here.

Hundax

06-10-2014

Just played a ranked game and got a duo queue of trolls in my team. Our Vayne left the game at the start and our Nami fed intentionally, trash talked a bit and then left after 10 mins.

This kind of behaviour can be stopped if a Tribunal system were to be implemented but since no such system exists on the Oceania server, then I guess we will be seeing more of these trolls in the near future.

OCE Smiteless

06-10-2014

If a moderator played the games we play and had to endure the harassment and trolling that we are exposed to he wouldn't hesitate to take immediate action and ban that person within 30 minutes. I think that they should implement a voting system in game where if one person is trolling the "team" should have the option to kick that person 4v5 is do able. But the voting system here is so stupid e.g. surrendering 3/2 isn't a surrender? How? its a majority or people who do not want to play majority rules.

A Flying Brick

06-11-2014

Mods do actually play, it's just when someone sees Riot in someone's summonername they actually stfu and play.
Also in-game kicking is a bad idea, a team of 4 elitist players could kick someone just because they don't like them or their play-style.

youkaiboy91

06-12-2014

Well, what do you expect from Oceania? The servers disconnect so often and lags like crazy. They're not consistently maintained from my perspective. Given these problems, these feeders and afk-ers are prob unintentional as they just give up from waiting for the servers to recover to play properly. Testing ground for Riot? More like Riot's stepchild...