Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Escaping Bronze Detailed Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shrewd

10-21-2014

I keep coming back to this post, wondering what I'm missing. I got wrecked in my qualifying games because I wasn't ready and had no idea what long term impact playing them would have. Ever since, I've been trying to get out of bronze. Started at B5, got to B3, and then back to B5, B4, B5 again. Now, after a hefty losing streak, I'm sitting at the very bottom. I realise there is this stigma against blaming other people for losses, but a lot of these come down to three things:

1 - Person is simply AFK from the start. They seem normal, pick a champ, and then are AFK in game for ten minutes. They might come back or might not. This happens a real lot.
2 - Person freaks out, abuses the team, or trolls. Sometimes it is because they don't respect pick order, or freak out about not getting a champ they wanted, etc.
3 - Person feeds. I don't mean just losing a few 1v1 with their lane opponent. I mean those people who just run in and die again, and again and again, and again and again.

Generally if I don't have on of these three things, my team wins. If we do, we lose. It happens a lot. What is worse is that sometimes we end up in the next game with the same player, and it all happens again. I guess my question is this: How can you react to these three situations in a way which helps the team.

Deche

10-22-2014

Quote:
Shrewd:
I keep coming back to this post, wondering what I'm missing. I got wrecked in my qualifying games because I wasn't ready and had no idea what long term impact playing them would have. Ever since, I've been trying to get out of bronze. Started at B5, got to B3, and then back to B5, B4, B5 again. Now, after a hefty losing streak, I'm sitting at the very bottom. I realise there is this stigma against blaming other people for losses, but a lot of these come down to three things:

1 - Person is simply AFK from the start. They seem normal, pick a champ, and then are AFK in game for ten minutes. They might come back or might not. This happens a real lot.
2 - Person freaks out, abuses the team, or trolls. Sometimes it is because they don't respect pick order, or freak out about not getting a champ they wanted, etc.
3 - Person feeds. I don't mean just losing a few 1v1 with their lane opponent. I mean those people who just run in and die again, and again and again, and again and again.

Generally if I don't have on of these three things, my team wins. If we do, we lose. It happens a lot. What is worse is that sometimes we end up in the next game with the same player, and it all happens again. I guess my question is this: How can you react to these three situations in a way which helps the team.

In all honesty it happens. People do troll and there is no way around it. I suggest taking someone that can carry a game very hard: Riven, Ryze, Vayne, Tristana, Katarina or even jax. Get good enough with them and the rest is history.

Shrewd

10-22-2014

Yeah, fair enough. Gonna keep positive and keep trying to improve.

Deche

10-23-2014

Quote:
Shrewd:
Yeah, fair enough. Gonna keep positive and keep trying to improve.

I have the same problem now in Silver II, The thing is people keep picking champs they like not what the team needs, and it is so frustrating have 3 assassins and no tank, or as I am typing this I am in theloading screen with a teemo as my support.

Shrewd

10-23-2014

Ouch.

NinjaSlayer12

10-23-2014

http://league-of-legends-skins****/?rf=fS6R3QJlfx4rg

Deche

10-27-2014

Quote:
NinjaSlayer12:
http://league-of-legends-skins****/?rf=fS6R3QJlfx4rg

Links broken