Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Escaping Bronze Detailed Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deche

10-07-2014

Quote:
vNutz:
Great post (y) Are you still active btw Deche? I may need some help :3 (I main Zed, recently did provisionals, got bronze 1, now dropped to bronze 2). I always happen to win 1, lose 1, win 1, lose 1, so I got away from 0LP, then went straight back etc. I duo queue btw

Yea I would love to help man, add me in game

Deche

10-07-2014

Quote:
Nature:
If you're kind enough Deche can you try to put a summary. It's kinda long :l

I will tomorrow.

Meridian

10-09-2014

This is a great guide thank you

Deche

10-11-2014

No proble :3 Glad I could help.

BarryButcher

10-11-2014

This: http://youtu.be/D-WbkHr51u8

all about mentality

Mui

10-12-2014

Personally as a support player, I still believe a support has to do a lot more than what has been mentioned to carry a game.

Peeling for the ADC so they can kite < especially late game when they have 2+ ADC items > (unless they jump into 3 enemies at once then blame for no peel, then its too late for them.) and warding and giving utility is only the first step to go even against the enemy as the enemy will be doing the same anyways.

I believe what makes a good support from an average support is:

* Communicating with your team : You are the only member on your team that does not need to tunnel vision on the enemy, you have all the time to tell your team where the enemy will appear next and what objectives you can take and whether anyone is over extending and make a plan before you jump into the next team fight like where you will initiate the fight and who to focus.

Sometimes a fed carry will keep walking in front of the team wanting to find an enemy to catch out and deal as much damage as possible, just give them a ping and a friendly chat message and be his bait so they can melt anyone that jumps on you and position a bit further back before they get locked down by the enemy.

* Map awareness : Since your not tunneling your vision on the enemy, with enough map control with your wards, you can figure out where enemies are, what they want to do, if your going into a 2v5 or going to get dived, where the enemy has warded , what objectives are spawning, whether your team needs to group up or split up to stop an objective / split push

* Shot-calling : Anyone can shot-call but as a support, you should be able to remain calm and stop your team from making dangerous plays while out playing the enemy since you are already map aware and communicate with your team.

Sometimes you will need to choose between defending a split-pusher by sending a person back (Needs chase potential to stop the enemy from backing then 5v4 ing your over extended team) or diving the enemy or going back and going for a different objective to end the game and your decision will win or lose the game.

* Pressuring the enemy laner during laning phase:
If your a lulu, you can poke the enemy like mad and cs trade so they can't go for a single cs ,
If your a leona, you can kill the enemy if they are slightly over extended for a cs ,
If your a taric / sona , you can trade and sustain your lane to eventually win the lane,
If your a janna you can let your ADC trade and do anything they please while peeling and shielding them from any damage they may take

If you can do any of the above stronger than the enemy support, and your ADC is average, congrats you have just won your lane and fed your adc while shutting down the enemy laner during laning phase. [unless you did not have enough map control and got ganked or lane ganked / over extended / didn't respect your enemies potentials (e.g. thresh: lantern gank flash flay hook box exhuast combo)]

Deche

10-12-2014

@Mui, thnx for this. I might just add the entire thing to the guide

Mui

10-12-2014

Go ahead =P Nice job your doing with your updated and detailed guide.

I find your guide easy to understand and very beginner friendly.

^ I can't seem to explain anything without writing a 10 page essay and confusing everyone =S

Caporegime

10-18-2014

This is amazing. I've noticed I win A LOT more games when I ADC, then when I mid lane, even though I usually win my lane and get pretty fed as a mid laner. I have a huge issue. I literally sky through my league, I go on 9 game winning streaks, then it comes to promos and I fail. Its like I either have bad luck, or I just fail due to pressure(?). When I first started playing ranked, I was pretty bad, but I made it into Bronze I, I literally went from Bronze I to Bronze V. Now, that my plat friend taught me how to carry, and what not, I usually win 90% of my games. I just seem to fail at my promo's. What am I doing wrong? I just got lolreplys, and I'm probably going to analyse what I do wrong.

Deche

10-19-2014

Quote:
Caporegime:
This is amazing. I've noticed I win A LOT more games when I ADC, then when I mid lane, even though I usually win my lane and get pretty fed as a mid laner. I have a huge issue. I literally sky through my league, I go on 9 game winning streaks, then it comes to promos and I fail. Its like I either have bad luck, or I just fail due to pressure(?). When I first started playing ranked, I was pretty bad, but I made it into Bronze I, I literally went from Bronze I to Bronze V. Now, that my plat friend taught me how to carry, and what not, I usually win 90% of my games. I just seem to fail at my promo's. What am I doing wrong? I just got lolreplys, and I'm probably going to analyse what I do wrong.

Can you post the lol replay's here then I will have a look and help ebst I can, other people can help aswell