Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Escaping Bronze Detailed Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deche

08-05-2014

Quote:
BarryButcher:
yes. Some ADC's like Flat Damage and critical strikes and so build Infinity Edge then phantom dancer or static shiv like Tristana, Lucian, Draven, Caitlyn, Jinx, Sivir.

Some ADC's like % health damage and quick bursts of damage like to build the double blade start (Blade of the Ruined King and Youmuu's Ghost Blade): Lucian, Twitch, Vayne

Other ADC's have strong AP skill or have such good base damage that they only need utiliity to become strong so they build Trinity Force first: Kogmaw, Corki, Ezreal

Almost all ADC's end up building an Infinity Edge, it just whether or not its their first item. Kogmaw for example goes trinity force, blade of the ruined king, then either last whisper, infinity edge or phantom dancer. IE for more damage, last whisper if the enemy has built armour and phantom dancer for more attack speed.

Adding this to the original post

Deche

09-01-2014

The Guide has been updated for how to Build Carries. Anybody else got suggestions

DRAG0NFEU

09-07-2014

My CS per game is pretty good imo and so is my warding ( 2pinks, 2greens + trinket 24/7 ). I know when to push and when to back and my item builds are pretty solid. I typically, and correct me if i'm wrong, build 20% against laner, 20% against total team comp and 60% against the fed opponent, that seem right to you? I have a positive attitude however I tend to flame if I see that my team has given up and playing stupidly because of it.

I try to push my lane's tower ASAP before roaming bot ( always problems there :P ). I'm quite greedy for kills and i'm quite ignorant about when to group/push, although I do know that inhib>baron>dragon. I tend to main Ahri mid, Vayne/Trist ADC and Renekton Top which appear to be solid picks in most SOLOQ tier-lists. My positioning is pretty bad, as I main carry roles, I tend to be in the front line, greedy for kills :P which explains my kda having a high death count. However, I've noticed that I've carried nearly all ranked games ( highest gold count, won lane etc ), but I still can't rise out of B5 , any tips?!

Deche

09-08-2014

Quote:
DRAG0NFEU:
My CS per game is pretty good imo and so is my warding ( 2pinks, 2greens + trinket 24/7 ). I know when to push and when to back and my item builds are pretty solid. I typically, and correct me if i'm wrong, build 20% against laner, 20% against total team comp and 60% against the fed opponent, that seem right to you? I have a positive attitude however I tend to flame if I see that my team has given up and playing stupidly because of it.

I try to push my lane's tower ASAP before roaming bot ( always problems there :P ). I'm quite greedy for kills and i'm quite ignorant about when to group/push, although I do know that inhib>baron>dragon. I tend to main Ahri mid, Vayne/Trist ADC and Renekton Top which appear to be solid picks in most SOLOQ tier-lists. My positioning is pretty bad, as I main carry roles, I tend to be in the front line, greedy for kills :P which explains my kda having a high death count. However, I've noticed that I've carried nearly all ranked games ( highest gold count, won lane etc ), but I still can't rise out of B5 , any tips?!

If it is as you say then you should have no problem climbing after I give you the next piece of advice.

If you do win your lane the majority of the times then the problem lies with your team (Though I am not saying it is their fault). So what you want to be trying to do is get yourself and your team fed. Especially botlane. Forget about top for now. So here is what I advice you do. I am going to be talking in context of Ahri Mid only. Because when to push and gank is different for each lane. Aswell as how to play ahri in a team fight that is going to help you climb the ladder.

1. Since Ahri is good lane pusher and ganker do the following:
a) When you killed your opponent
- You have allot of health left ---> Gank bot
- If you are half health ---> Push Tower & farm (you should be able to heal up with ahri's passive)
- Low health ---> b, buy items and continue farming

b) Lane Opponent Leaves Lane
- Follow him (Careful though)

c) Lane Opponent is Missing (do call Mia first though)
- Tower Less than Quarter health ---> Push Tower
- Tower more than Qauter health ---> Gank bot
! Note that you should not be ganking before level 5 just farm safely until then.

d) Losing lane
- Ask Jungler to gank (2 or less death difference)
- Go gank bot and try to get fed of other lanes (you fed more than 2 kills in difference)

(Basically you either want to be farming or ganking, pushing towers comes automatically but is the best way to get your team fed.)

2. Team Fights
- Stick at back and wait for fight to begin.
- Your job as ahri (assassin) is to kill their most fed person... Then GTFO.

That's all you have to do. Wait until they commit. Dash/flash in from the side, 2 dashes/flash if you have to. Use everything on their most fed person or adc. And get out.

Hope this helps. Try a few games. Write it down and see if you can remember what to do.
If this helped you climb to bronze 4 or higher please give feedback. I am always looking to improve my guide.

Qiyeni

09-20-2014

Now, I need to understand this: as a support, what should I do in the laning phase, and after the laning phase? Should I defend my ADC? Should I help other guys in the other lanes?

Deche

09-21-2014

Quote:
Qiyeni:
Now, I need to understand this: as a support, what should I do in the laning phase, and after the laning phase? Should I defend my ADC? Should I help other guys in the other lanes?

Ok so support is actually harder then most people think.

I will give you a quick rundown of the role.

Laning Phase:

While laning your adc should be focussing on farming and poking if applicable. You however should:
- Ward Dragon, Tribush and River. No further than that. Keep the wards close and only ward for ganks and dragon.
- Control engages: You decide when you are ready for a battle and on who you engage. (usually the adc). Do this by CC and pinging the target
- Saving your adc and visa-versa. But if one of you should die then let it be you. Since you are support you should not take kills and become worth no gold. Remember your adc carries better than you in late game, so try not to steal kills or cs.
- Assist with farming: this can be done with Face of the Mountain, stalling wave from going under tower or prepping cs when adc is farming under tower.

A tower takes 3 shots on worrier minions and 2 shots on caster. To help farm, if the caster minion is on full health then hit it once, the tower will then hit it and it will be on low enough health for adc to kill it.

After Laning Phase:

Won lane:
- Rotate mid with adc, let your Mid then go bot, (or they can stay mid and you can rotate back when they close to turret, making it a 3 v 1 mid), then take the tower mid.

- Go ward Objectives and jungle entrances, start pinking important Areas if you haven't already.

Lost lane:

- Let your adc freeze lane. Ward so he won't get ganked through your jungle/river.
- Ward other important parts of Map
- Go gank mid and other lanes. Return bot after each gank or when your adc is getting in a 2 v 1 situation.

BarryButcher

10-01-2014

bump. should really be pinned. Rito Plz

vNutz

10-01-2014

Great post (y) Are you still active btw Deche? I may need some help :3 (I main Zed, recently did provisionals, got bronze 1, now dropped to bronze 2). I always happen to win 1, lose 1, win 1, lose 1, so I got away from 0LP, then went straight back etc. I duo queue btw

Nature

10-01-2014

If you're kind enough Deche can you try to put a summary. It's kinda long :l

vNutz

10-01-2014

Quote:
Nature:
If you're kind enough Deche can you try to put a summary. It's kinda long :l

IF YOU WANT TRULY WANT TO IMPROVE YOU MUST READ THE WHOLE THING.

I want to improve and I read the whole thing while meditating in deep thought. lel.