Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Escaping Bronze Detailed Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deche

05-22-2014

Quote:
LadyTinnu:
I might not be the most reliable source for getting out of bronze, but I thought adding my 2 cents after my own observations could help others, too.

What I see a lot, is that people don't really pay attention to what the enemy team is building/ if they're going AP/ AD/ supertanky. An example:

The enemy team's LeBlanc absolutely smashed our mid lane, snowballed like crazy and is now sufficiently fed, building AP like there's no tomorrow. My observation: Apart from myself, only one person on my team builds MR. The rest is just complaining about how our midlaner fed LB and how she's twohitting them without wasting a thought on what they could do to actually protect themselves from her burst dmg.

Same goes for having a decent Vayne on the enemy team, noone thinks of getting Frozen Heart or, as a matter of fact, Thorn Mail for any autoattack-based champ. The list goes on and on, I think you get the idea. A mistake I did myself as ADC was forgetting about buying Last Whisper when being up against a fairly tanky team and, thus, not dealing much damage. Duh.

TLDR; Regularly check what the enemy team is building, see who's the biggest threat and try to counter their build/ damage potential with MR/ Armour/ Health/ slowing items etc.

This is not what you need to get out fo bronze actually. It's what you need to get out of silver. A bit advance for new players. By just doing this I got boosted from silver 5 to silver 2 Thanx man for the contribute. If it is a long time player this will defs help them!

Deche

05-22-2014

Quote:
Om1God:
It's a good guide, shows all the useful things. Shows what's important.

Thanx man!

GoatMilk420

06-10-2014

bump

Deche

06-15-2014

Guide Updated

ganksdoh

06-16-2014

I've only been playing LoL for a few weeks now and am only lvl 14 but this seems like all the mistake I'm making!!

ill be trying to put these into place (slowly) as i find any big play style changes are hard to learn and implement, but as they say practise makes perfects, thanks man.

Deche

06-16-2014

Quote:
ganksdoh:
I've only been playing LoL for a few weeks now and am only lvl 14 but this seems like all the mistake I'm making!!

ill be trying to put these into place (slowly) as i find any big play style changes are hard to learn and implement, but as they say practise makes perfects, thanks man.

Glad I could help! And hope this really sets your game play apart

Qiyeni

07-14-2014

How do I suppose to know which item should I use in counter building, which ones and why should I use it? And how does counter building work and why?

EDIT: And can you give us a simple diagram on how counterbuilding works? For example, if someone goes out full AD, should I go full armour?

BarryButcher

07-14-2014

Quote:
Qiyeni:
How do I suppose to know which item should I use in counter building, which ones and why should I use it? And how does counter building work and why?

EDIT: And can you give us a simple diagram on how counterbuilding works? For example, if someone goes out full AD, should I go full armour?

it varies champion to champion and role to role. It's something you learn as you play more.

Just remember you don't just want to build for your lane opponent but their whole team. If your vsing an AP top laner but the enemy team has a AD mid and jungler, buying lots of MR is pretty pointless, but its necessary to buy some early (like an early negatron cloak.

Also if you play ADC do NOT buy armour or health items to survive until you already have 4-5 items. If you find yourself dying a lot either buy some lifesteal or play safer. ADC is all about the AD not about armour or being tanky.

Same for mid laners. You almost never build heavy defensive items on midlaners other than maybe a Guardian Angel later in the game. By defensive i mean full MR or Armour items. You want to incorporate items like Zhonya's or Athenes that give AP and MR/Armour.

ALso certain champs require you to build more damage in order to stop dying. For example, Yasuo. The only way yasuo stops dying is to build more damage and kill people before they kill him. He almost never gets a defensive item other than GA.

Qiyeni

07-14-2014

Quote:
BarryButcher:

Also if you play ADC do NOT buy armour or health items to survive until you already have 4-5 items. If you find yourself dying a lot either buy some lifesteal or play safer. ADC is all about the AD not about armour or being tanky.

Same for mid laners. You almost never build heavy defensive items on midlaners other than maybe a Guardian Angel later in the game. By defensive i mean full MR or Armour items. You want to incorporate items like Zhonya's or Athenes that give AP and MR/Armour.

OK, but don't the ADCs have specific items and skill sets that vary? Like for example, what does Lucian require that is different to Vayne's?

BarryButcher

07-14-2014

Quote:
Qiyeni:
OK, but don't the ADCs have specific items and skill sets that vary? Like for example, what does Lucian require that is different to Vayne's?

yes. Some ADC's like Flat Damage and critical strikes and so build Infinity Edge then phantom dancer or static shiv like Tristana, Lucian, Draven, Caitlyn, Jinx, Sivir.

Some ADC's like % health damage and quick bursts of damage like to build the double blade start (Blade of the Ruined King and Youmuu's Ghost Blade): Lucian, Twitch, Vayne

Other ADC's have strong AP skill or have such good base damage that they only need utiliity to become strong so they build Trinity Force first: Kogmaw, Corki, Ezreal

Almost all ADC's end up building an Infinity Edge, it just whether or not its their first item. Kogmaw for example goes trinity force, blade of the ruined king, then either last whisper, infinity edge or phantom dancer. IE for more damage, last whisper if the enemy has built armour and phantom dancer for more attack speed.