Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Escaping Bronze Detailed Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deche

05-07-2014

How To Escape Bronze

Disclaimer: Firstly this is not a quick fix! It might even take up to a month of following and practicing this guide. This guide will not work for some, but for the other 90% or so, if you follow this you are assured to get out of bronze. I am by no means a top player. But I am a very methodical one - I see what works and I remember/expand on it. The aim of the guide is to make you a better player which will result in you getting out of bronze. I myself got put in bronze V and had to fight my way out and this is how I did it. I am currently climbing Silver and will release a guide for that as well. But for now lets start with bronze:

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

Mindset

"Ignorance is easy to ignore if you try." ~Laudo Liebenberg

The first and most important step to getting out of bronze and becoming a better player is: Realise that you are in bronze because you deserve to be there.

That sunk in yet? It is not because of your team. It is not because of afk'ers and feeders. It is because of you and only you. The sooner you realise that you make mistakes that result in you being in bronze the faster you will get out of it.

So with that said, what is the correct mindset you should have? - Answer: One that asks why. Every time you get killed, a gank failed, you missed cs, your team loses in a team fight, enemy team got dragon/baron or just you getting auto attacked without attacking back you gotta ask yourself WHY? And give yourself a answer surrounding your own gameplay.

Why did I miss CS: I didn't use ability while auto attack was on cd.
Why did the gank fail: I did not engage on the opponent before the jungler ganked, leaving him with an flash and all his abilities.
Why did I die: I didn't use this, this or this ability. Or I ran away from my team instead of to them.

The list goes on but the point remains. Another factor is not to rage! I haven't raged in league for ages. And honestly the less you rage the better you will do. Why: Because anger induces a chemical state of mind that alters decision making and reaction time. If someone is raging at you. Mute them. It's bronze there is no team communication what so ever, and they can still use pings to alert you.

Summarised:

* Ask "why..." or "what did I do wrong so..." every time a mistake happens.
* Don't rage at others, don't blame and DON"T GET ANGRY.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

Laning Phase Skills

Farming:

Simply put FARMING is the best way to get out of bronze. Try to have 70 cs by 10 minutes or 170 cs by 20 minutes. Supports and junglers excluded. Please also read the other sections, because this alone will most likely not be enough.

Here are some farming drills I use to coach my Clan's teams:

Drill 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9lyL-_n1po
Drill 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghyf1_xk-dE
Drill 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcbtEgjGFeU
Drill 4: http://www.twitch.tv/cloudcarry/c/2130557

Appropriate Warding:

This is personal warding so that you don't die!

Even tho you have the trinket for warding you STILL need to buy 1 or 2 (usually 1) ward(s) with every back. But here is where you should be warding depending on your lane:

Top - This picture explains : Click here for image (http://s.sk-gaming.com/image/image/7a315220dd3c2537x.jpg)

mid - This is a bit more complicated. I recommend you put a pink in one of the following brushes: Click Here for Image (https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaV5mUz3XLuJDwJkJLO3bWj4rYwWUSC3hE_RTCHK-aj_nXmBgG)

Once you warded one of those brushes you lane by standing closer to that one side so you can see if the jungler ganks through lane/river and still have enough time to react.

Bot:

Blue side: Ward jungle entrance in front of dragon.
Purple side: Ward blue tri-bush and and river bush next to lane.

Jungle: Ward the side mid has not warded.

Pushing the Lane:

In lower elo's ganking is a junglers dream. There are barely any wards and lanes usually pushed. So you will get ganked. What I am about to tell you is a simple set or checks you can do, so you know when to push and when not to push.

Golden rule:

WHEN NOT WARDED & ENEMY LANER IN LANE ---> DON'T GO PAST THE MIDDLE OF LANE.

This is what results in most early game losses in bronze elo. So don't do it. If your adc/support keeps pushing leave him. Ping him to get back and let the lane get pushed back. If he doesn't listen, then you go B and buy a ward so you can push.

So when is it safe to push (and get tower):

* After 10 minutes.

* When your laner is dead or you know he is B - If just MIA then don't push, just freeze the lane and last hit.

* When you are 100% warded - Note with junglers like Nocturn, panth or any global ult jungler ~ ignore this rule and play safe.

* Jungler is dead or top + you have river warded - Remember mid/top/bot can also gank.

* When your Lane Opponent is pushing another lane/You have vision on them.

* When all the other lanes in your team is pushed up to turret + warded.

Late Game Pushing

In bronze ELO there is two options what you could do:

1. Group up in a lane and push it out.

This is without doubt the better one. But not always viable in Bronze since players don't know how to close games. If you are ahead tell your team to group up and push either for towers or dragon. Not BARON. BARON = Noob Magnet.

2. Solo push with wards.

If your team does not want to group then you go push a lane. Now understand you will 100% get ganked. So warding all the appropriate spots in river or jungle that will give you allot of time to escape if you see them coming. This technique only works when you are a good split pusher.

Item Build

Now I have been putting item builds (as suggested by Ahzooz) off for a while because Item Builds require some knowledge about the game. But after seeing my brother and his friends play, all lower bronze, I decided to add this.

Story time:

A huge leap for me was when I started to counter-build for my lane. I was Ryze top against a Lee and to all surprise I got killed and gave away first blood. Now I thought that was the end for me but decided instead of going my predetermined build as shown on Mobafire I would rather counter-build, so instead of buying Tear which is an insanely good item on Ryze I rather bought Glacial Shroud. It might seem counter intuitive at first, but once me and Lee got back into lane, him having bought from first blood and being so strong as he is, I proceeded to kill him three times in a row relatively easily. I got fed end ended up carrying that game.

end of story.

Now there are 3 aspects to Building I am aware of:

* Building for Lane
* Building for Team
* Building for Enemy Team

Now in Bronze the one you should be focussed on is building for Lane. i.e. Counter Building.
You'll soon realise how to build against enemy team. Building for your own team is a bit higher elo concept i.m.o.

(Taken from Jeremy GamingCurios is tips on how to counter build)

How good is my build?

If you use the same build every game - It is horrid, doesn't matter if a pro used it, your build must be ever changing. You can have a rough build you build around according to your play style but should change your build according to opponent.

Counter Triangle and other Counters.

As a general rule of thumb for counter building use the counter triangle -

Defence > Offence
Penetration > Defence
Offence > Penetration

As well as:

Botrk against Health
Quicksilver Sash against Crowd Control (CC)

Building for your champion:

Allot of people would build wrong for their role/champion. Below I will talk about how to build in general for bruisers/tanks/carries/support/assasins

Glossary:

* Pure Damage: Blood Thirster, Last Whisper, Infinity Edge, Hydra ect. Gives only damage/ Penetration and Lifesteel.

* DPS: Items that give Cooldown, Attackspeed, like Botrk or Static Shiv ect.

* Tanky/Damage: Gives armor/health/MR aswell as damage. Like Frozen Mallet, Atma's ect.

For Bruisers:

(Including Riven and Lee Sin)
-Tanky
-1 Pure Damage Item
-1 to 2 DPS Items

If you want to build more damaging if you are ahead, build Tanky/Damage Items. When building pure damage on them you might put out more damage but it greatly decreases your survivability - So much that your damage potential is actually lessened in long fights, since you will just get targeted and killed.

Avoid Build Blood Thirster AND Last Whisper together. Pick one.

For Tanks:

Tanks are pretty self explained.
- Health
- Armor
- MR
- CC item like frozen Gauntlet, Randuin's ect, frozen heart ect.
~ Depending on who you are you might want 2 CC items.
Take note that it is also useful to counter build their most fed carry.

For Carries:

- 3 + Pure Damage
~ Note the more damage items you have the better your positioning should be.
- 0 to 1 Defensive item
~ usually when they have a good assassin or fed carry it is wise to get a defensive item.

ADC:
Quote:
BarryButcher:
Some ADC's like Flat Damage and critical strikes and so build Infinity Edge then phantom dancer or static shiv like Tristana, Lucian, Draven, Caitlyn, Jinx, Sivir.

Some ADC's like % health damage and quick bursts of damage like to build the double blade start (Blade of the Ruined King and Youmuu's Ghost Blade): Lucian, Twitch, Vayne

Other ADC's have strong AP skill or have such good base damage that they only need utiliity to become strong so they build Trinity Force first: Kogmaw, Corki, Ezreal

Almost all ADC's end up building an Infinity Edge, it just whether or not its their first item. Kogmaw for example goes trinity force, blade of the ruined king, then either last whisper, infinity edge or phantom dancer. IE for more damage, last whisper if the enemy has built armour and phantom dancer for more attack speed.

For Supports:

In lower elo you would see allot of supports that build pure tank or damage. Even tho you might think this is a good idea it causes your carries to be killed easier. The support role exist to help the carries kite! kiting is the strongest mechanic in the game and not having a support build lowers your teams kiting and mobility potential by a drastic amount. Now support items usually are tanky/damaging with an added effect, but there is a difference between support items and tank items (some do cross over).

what kind of items do you want on a support -

- CC items
- AOE Damage/Defence
- Mobility
- Vision Items (wards usually)
- Tenacity
~ For supports it varies allot, so make sure you know what your support is best at and what the team needs. There is no need for Talisman of Ascension if you have a Sivir on your team, so maybe start with runic shield instead.

Assassins

I am honestly unsure and would like some community input from players who play assassins. But general gist of it is to have:

- High Mobility
- Allot of Pure Damage for burst

Intermediate tactics for helping you escape silver

Counter Building

Quote:
LadyTinnu:

What I see a lot, is that people don't really pay attention to what the enemy team is building/ if they're going AP/ AD/ supertanky. An example:

The enemy team's LeBlanc absolutely smashed our mid lane, snowballed like crazy and is now sufficiently fed, building AP like there's no tomorrow. My observation: Apart from myself, only one person on my team builds MR. The rest is just complaining about how our mid laner fed LB and how she's twohitting them without wasting a thought on what they could do to actually protect themselves from her burst dmg.

Same goes for having a decent Vayne on the enemy team, noone thinks of getting Frozen Heart or, as a matter of fact, Thorn Mail for any autoattack-based champ. The list goes on and on, I think you get the idea. A mistake I did myself as ADC was forgetting about buying Last Whisper when being up against a fairly tanky team and, thus, not dealing much damage. Duh.

TLDR; Regularly check what the enemy team is building, see who's the biggest threat and try to counter their build/ damage potential with MR/ Armour/ Health/ slowing items etc.

Final Note:

I would appreciate a bump to make this a active thread. If you are a higher elo player that wishes to add to this guide please post here in this thread. Any other suggestions or questions please post here.

Deche

05-08-2014

/bump

Ahzooz

05-09-2014

i went from bronze 5 to plat 5 in about 2 years and trust me you think bronze is bad just wait til u r silver its even worse

Deche

05-09-2014

Quote:
Jósh:
i went from bronze 5 to plat 5 in about 2 years and trust me you think bronze is bad just wait til u r silver its even worse

I am currently in silver. But I started a clan and a challenger level player (Hoodie Challen) was nice enough to coach us. Since he did I have not lost a ranked game yet. From Silver III - 0 LP to Silver II 21 LP. And the things I put in this guide is just some tips that he gave us.

Ahzooz

05-09-2014

Quote:
Deche:
I am currently in silver. But I started a clan and a challenger level player (Hoodie Challen) was nice enough to coach us. Since he did I have not lost a ranked game yet. From Silver III - 0 LP to Silver II 21 LP. And the things I put in this guide is just some tips that he gave us.

could he coach me i haven't played for a while and i cant remember much

Deche

05-10-2014

Quote:
Jósh:
could he coach me i haven't played for a while and i cant remember much

Most possibly

He is one of the coaches in my clan as I said. If you want free coaching you'll have to be in one of the public teams and probs won't get him as a coach. But you can do a 1 on 1 session with him for $12. But you'll need to sign up for the clan:

http://saim.boards.net/

But in truth his a really nice guy and would probs help you out for free if you come to one of the public training days.

Om1God

05-11-2014

It's a good guide, shows all the useful things. Shows what's important.

LadyTinnu

05-13-2014

I might not be the most reliable source for getting out of bronze, but I thought adding my 2 cents after my own observations could help others, too.

What I see a lot, is that people don't really pay attention to what the enemy team is building/ if they're going AP/ AD/ supertanky. An example:

The enemy team's LeBlanc absolutely smashed our mid lane, snowballed like crazy and is now sufficiently fed, building AP like there's no tomorrow. My observation: Apart from myself, only one person on my team builds MR. The rest is just complaining about how our midlaner fed LB and how she's twohitting them without wasting a thought on what they could do to actually protect themselves from her burst dmg.

Same goes for having a decent Vayne on the enemy team, noone thinks of getting Frozen Heart or, as a matter of fact, Thorn Mail for any autoattack-based champ. The list goes on and on, I think you get the idea. A mistake I did myself as ADC was forgetting about buying Last Whisper when being up against a fairly tanky team and, thus, not dealing much damage. Duh.

TLDR; Regularly check what the enemy team is building, see who's the biggest threat and try to counter their build/ damage potential with MR/ Armour/ Health/ slowing items etc.

H0nG

05-13-2014

Very good, keep dem up

Akali Bot

05-14-2014

People over complicate "how to escape bronze". Having perfect runes & item build paths does not carry you out of bronze. My diamond friends always tell me to have certain rune & mastery pages for each match up, have different item paths each match up etc. All i used was basic runes and had the same exact item path for every match up. The only time i suggest you change your item path is if you're dying. (i.e you're dying to zed mid -> get Seeker's Armguard). Seriously stop over analyzing everything and just play the game, that's what i did.

To be honest, it doesn't even feel like i have improved much at all. I just capitalize on your mistakes & take objectives. Also, people at low elo are really stupid, they want revenge more than they want to win the game, if you kill them once, it's most likely going to be easier to kill them again due to their mistakes rather than the gold you got from your last kill.

Source: started playing LoL at the end of season 2, bronze all season 3, i am now silver II & still climbing.

http://i.imgur.com/o99lCQW.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/o99lCQW.jpg)