Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Anti-Virus Blocking LoL Patcher

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Gehirn

Player Support Lead

04-22-2014

Some of you may have experienced issues downloading patches recently. We are currently working with AVG, Norton, and other anti-virus companies to get League of Legends whitelisted with their service. Whitelisting essentially means that these anti-virus programs would authorize League of Legends being downloaded to your computer. On occasion, strict anti-virus filters will incorrectly flag files during patching and block them from downloading. With whitelisting we hope to prevent that from happening in the future.

We are still ironing out the kinks, and you may have noticed that certain files get blocked causing the patch to fail, or League of Legends to run improperly, or the patcher won’t load at all. We are continuing to work with the anti-virus companies to correct this, but in the meantime if you disable your anti-virus software before patching you should be able to download the files properly. If that doesn’t work, you may need to completely uninstall the anti-virus software or update before patching League of Legends.

You might be asking, “Wait, won’t that expose my computer?” Not necessarily. As long as you are careful while your anti-virus is off you should be safe. Disable it, download the patch, then re-enable it and go get first blood.

If you continue to experience issues with the patcher, try the solutions listed here in our Knowledge Base:
https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...tcher-Problems

If you are still having trouble after that, you can always send Player Support a ticket and we'd be happy to help.

Xerioum

04-23-2014

God old Gehirn, Not as good as Xpeke support doe :3

LoneBarren

04-23-2014

Im not sure if this is anti virus but my client wont patch, it gets to updating step 2/2 and changes to -14:-8 remaining and doesn't load any further. Plz help me

BreadnButter

04-23-2014

My PvP.net Patcher Kernel isnt responding. Anybody have an idea to fix it?

yazzos

04-23-2014

Quote:
LoneBarren:
Im not sure if this is anti virus but my client wont patch, it gets to updating step 2/2 and changes to -14:-8 remaining and doesn't load any further. Plz help me

Mine's doing the exact same thing, and I've tried everything i can possibly think of :-(

TBL Goes Bananas

04-23-2014

i realy dont think these 2 incidents are related at all [QUOTE]Im not sure if this is anti virus but my client wont patch, it gets to updating step 2/2 and changes to -14:-8 remaining and doesn't load any further. Plz help me/QUOTE] what computer/laptop do you use trying to figure out if its effecting certain people mac users for instance i am assuming the windows users are fine so

TBL Goes Bananas

04-23-2014

BreadnButter here is a link to your issuehttp://forums.oce.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=38911

BreadnButter

04-23-2014

The Problem with mine is when i click the shorcut "Play leauge of legends" the symbol pops up and freezes there. saying PvP.net Patcher Kernel is not responding

WhiteHammer26

04-23-2014

Quote:
LoneBarren:

Mine is doing the same thing, i just really want to play league, but i cant find any way of fixing the problem.

yazzos

04-24-2014

It updates everything else fine, but then in step 2/2 at 48%, it says "-14:-8 remaining" at VOBank_en_US.fsb. I've tried restarting my computer, temporarily disabling my firewall and temporarily disabling my anti-virus. Help :c