Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Client Errors result in constant Bans.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Schnickness

04-13-2014

I am kinda getting sick of this guys.

My Client every 2-3 will constantly just error.

I have reinstalled, repaired and everything (even re-wiping entire PC)

And nothing will get this game to work smoothly.

If it isn't met with Bug Splat every time I attempt to load a Game, or simply crashing whenever it uses a single corrupted game file (there is a cacophony of things causing these crashes) It will either load the game with Major Vert errors, stretching across the entire map and simply ruining any game play with unwanted clutter. I have had my GUI fail to load, reloading and logging doesn't fix this, leaving me to try and play without a minimap, skill CD vision and all sorts of unplayable nonsense.

I have payed TOO much money to this game to simply drop it all and switch to Dota2.

Come on guys, seriously I shouldn't have to post about this 1 million times, seeing I only just managed to get onto the forums without that itself kicking me.

Every other game works fine, new old; everything, except LoL.

Please help me out, I am sick of being banned by my team because of numerous reasons that aren't my own doing.

I try to play as best I can with minimal insulting language and I get met with my client crashing whenever a Caitlyn Auto Attacks, Whenever I cast a Q

Like really, any old thing will cause it to crash and not only result in me instantly losing the match. It lets my team mates down and it gets be banned from a game I have payed money for...

Do I have to pay some sort of Insurance to guarantee I won't just permanently get banned from a game for reasons I cannot control??

Does this blame not fall upon Riot for releasing a game (as far as my understanding goes) that errors more than it works, and to amend the problem give random players the ability to outright ban me from something I have put more than a fair share of money into for some half-assed rework palettes?

It really isn't fair, and I don't know why I am bothering to type this. It will only be read by the internet heroes that lurk in these dark forums, and in the odd chance a Riot employee reads it. I am sure it will just be ignored or bounced back and forth between various useless pages about how to fix my client; I have literally read all of them...

PLEASE JUST FIX IT THIS IS PAINFUL, AND WHEN YOU TAKE MY IP AND REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE IT'S MINE, EVEN GOING TO THE EFFORT TO DELETE THE ENTIRE SECTION OF THE FORUMS SO THERE IS NO TRACE THAT IT WAS MINE. I WOULD APPRECIATE A COURTESY LICK BEFORE I GET ASS****ED BY A SELFISH, UNORIGINAL GAME COMPANY THAT STRUCK IT RICH BY CHEESING WITH MICROTRANSACTIONS!!!!

A Flying Brick

04-14-2014

You can send in a ticket, Riot is also more than happy to provide tech support. But Riot does recommend sticking to custom games if you are having cilent problems, to avoid bans and losses.

And by the way you write, give DOTA a miss and go straight back to CoD.

Schnickness

04-15-2014

CoD really??

I would rather get AIDS than play that corrupt Profit > Play game

A Flying Brick

04-15-2014

Thank you for proving my point.
Remember to do your homework before bedtime

MittensForKitten

04-16-2014

Are you sure you aren't using other clients such as LoL Recorder or that other program people use these days?(sorry don't know what it's called) They tend to clash with the actual LoL client because it interrupts the data sent from your game by making copies to get yourself a replay.

Davey Mac

10-26-2014

I would love to know if you ever found a solution to this problem, ever since installing this game i have constant errors, everything from the game not installing (sticking at 99% and saying "unspecified error occurred&quot to missing game files, etc. I have tried everything including wiping the entire PC, i don't know if i have some fatal hardware problem but it is causing me to constantly get leaver bans. Now i'm in the habit of playing a custom game before i go into PvP, however even that isn't reliable because i can play through that game perfectly fine and have a good PvP and then the next game i go into will say im missing the asset of a character i was just playing as.

So frustrating! anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Dave.

Venetox

10-29-2014

Okay,

This reply is mostly here to explain why they remove your posts but I will give you some info on how to fix a LOT of that in a moment. You're making a few too many assumptions right here.

First your assuming that its Riots fault that somethings going wrong on your client.
Second you clearly haven't actually tried anything to fix this and I see nothing in your post about you asking Riot for help in their support page.
After reading your post and reading the errors you're getting I can make the educated guess that its a hardware problem.

You say other games function fine and so.
They are different games. Don't assume that because other games work then all should. My PC can run League at 200 FPS, Osu! at 2000, Minecraft at 300, World of Warcraft at 200 and yet if I go into certain servers on Arma II i get barely 25 sometimes.

These are the reasons your previous posts have been removed. Because they are annoying for many forum users and your not being polite about anything. You're playing the blame game and trying to put your hardware problems on riot without thinking about if it could be you at fault or not.

So now for some FIXES:

I'm about 99% certain that this is a Hardware problem.

However first things first make sure you have the right drivers. I have to stress this because there are so many times when people complain about having problems and its either because they don't have drivers or have the wrong ones. I'll put some links to everything at the bottom so you can get drivers and stuff.

The problems you are mentioning are likely either to do with your GPU(Graphics Processing Unit a.k.a Graphics Card) or your Memory Storage Devices be it HDD or SSD or your RAM (Random Access Memory).

It could easily be any of the three though less likely RAM because of the fact that other games work fine.

My reasoning for thinking that it could be your Memory Storage Device is because (and this only really happens in HDD's) is that you have corrupted/bad sectors and your League Installation is inside one of these sectors. This means that no matter how much you repair it there will always be problems with reading and writing for that part of your HDD meaning that even if you repair the league installation you will still have problems.

If this is the case and even if it isn't then your best bet is to De-fragment your HDD. It's pretty simple and shouldn't take too long and it can do a world of good for your drives. If you have an SSD then for the love of god don't do it because its bad for SSD's but good for HDD's (SSD = Solid State Drive, HDD = Hard Disk Drive). Its kind of like Chocolate. It can kill dogs but is good for humans. Back to the task at hand. So that's basically what you want to do first and if it fixes your problems then it was in fact a drive problem. If it doesn't fix it then try reinstalling the whole game into a DIFFERENT directory along with keeping your old install in its same folder. E.g if your current league install has bad sectors then deleting and reinstalling simply puts it back in bad sectors so by keeping the bad sectors full your less likely to run into problems. So say your current install is in C:\Riot Games\League of Legends maybe download the installer and put it in C:\Users\YourUser\Documents\Riot Games\League of Legends.

If that doesn't work then it's likely a Graphics Card Problem.
Old/Dying graphics cards an have problems with things like Artifacts and other problems like that as a result from problems with the GPU it's self but there can also be problems with the GPU's onboard memory that "2GB" bit from "Radeon R9 290X 2GB" is how much ram it has onboard and that's where textures for everything that your GPU render's are stored so if there are problems with that memory then you can have problems like textures being blue or not loading or showing properly.

If that's the problem then you may have to buy a new GPU, You can get ones that run league fine for around $60 but its better to upgrade them later.

Links:
Graphics Card Links - NZ
R7 250 2GB - $129 (http://www.playtech.co.nz/afawcs0139235/CATID=961/ID=22942/SID=595941588/productdetails.html)
or if you prefer Nvidia
GeForce GT 610 1GB Low Profile - $69 (http://www.playtech.co.nz/afawcs0139235/CATID=1027/EX=0/MAXP=7/ID=17959/SID=335667139/idPlaytechNZ_OrderDetails=1609007/idOrderDetailsSession=26171001/productdetails.html)
Graphics Card Links - AU
GeForce GT 610 1GB - $69 (http://www.techbuy.com.au/p/195435/VIDEOCARDS_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_6_VIDEOCARDS/ASUS/GT610-SL-1GD3-L.asp)
R7 250 2GB - $129 (http://www.techbuy.com.au/p/229091/VIDEOCARDS_RADEON_R7_250/ASUS/R7250-1GD5.asp)

Drivers:
AMD Catalyst 14.7 Beta Drivers (Direct Download Link) (http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/amd-catalyst-14.7-rc3-windows-aug12.exe) (The Beta drivers are better since the last non beta release was like 1-2 years ago)

Nvidia Driver Detector (http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan.aspx?lang=en-us) (Requires Java)

Hard Disk Drives:
NZ:
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB - $69.99 (http://www.playtech.co.nz/afawcs0139235/CATID=235/ID=15033/SID=324860507/productdetails.html)
AU:
Hitachi 320GB - $68.10 (http://www.techbuy.com.au/p/206142/HDD_INTERNAL_SATA-II_DRIVES/Hitachi/HIT0J11283.asp)

There is nothing that Riot can actually do to (Server or Client side to solve the problems your having because they are to do with your computer) don't expect everything that isn't going right for you to be someone elses fault. If you had just contacted player support then this could have been fixed previously.

League of Legends Player Support - Free! (https://support.leagueoflegends.com/home)

Hope I helped.