Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Theory for afkers.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tazo

04-01-2014

Not sure if this is an old idea but it seemed pretty obvious to myself and my mates,
From my experience AFKrs make the game a chore, leaving your team short handed can sometimes spell out a loss with little to no fault of the others on the team, while we can all name the some games where we won the 4v5 I'm sure no one happy when they have a team mate leave.
One solution everyone says is report and move on, doing this, while maybe it could lead to punishment of the player leaving in some form, does nothing about those who were on his team losing a fair chunk of points.
What I suggest is that if you are on a team with a person who has gone AFK for X amount of time, that said team would lose only half the amount of points they otherwise would have while the one who AFK'd would lose an additional 50% of what they would have (original amount lost being 20, they would lose 30).
This would soften the blow for those who were at a clear disadvantage through no fault of their own while punishing the person who left.
From my experience, simply having the threat of a report isn't enough, I see those my team have reported still playing in days leading, still saying (enter lane here) or afk and proceeding to do so either when they die or when they don't get their desired lane.

P.S Sorry if this is too wall of text like, just wanted to put it out there.

Sylpharion

04-01-2014

Well, might as do it Lost Prevented if they've afked more than 80% of the game.
While they are put into the AFK Match Making Queue until they play 3 games without leaving, dodging or afking.

kJs

04-01-2014

Have you guys seen DotA 2's game system?
If one or more people leave afk or disconnect for more than 5 mins, the game isn't counted.

Rezink

04-01-2014

Quote:
Aigiur Phost:
Have you guys seen DotA 2's game system?
If one or more people leave afk or disconnect for more than 5 mins, the game isn't counted.

So if your team is getting stomped, you just AFK 5 mins and climb the ladder without any elo loss later!

Sylpharion

04-01-2014

Quote:
Rezink:
So if your team is getting stomped, you just AFK 5 mins and climb the ladder without any elo loss later!

No, if you AFK you get 2x LP Loss while your whole team get's free loss prevented, or you go into AFK Queue matchmaking where you and the rest of the people that afked have to go and play 10 games / 1 day without afking / leaving, etc.

kJs

06-27-2014

Quote:
Rezink:

Well obviously they get punished... -.-
The first person to AFK or DC for maybe 5 (to 10) mins would trigger uncounted for that match. Everyone else can leave without repercussions, to their MMR, or can continue to play.

I don't see how either team would climb the ladder.

I was thinking that ranked would have a much much much harder punishment for leaving/Afking/DCer/intentional trolling than normals. They may still be able to play normals when they get banned on ranked. Normals would still have the current AFK/DC ban system (or maybe a slightly modified one).

kJs

06-27-2014

5 day ban from ranked. then to 10, and it keeps doubling. I haven't figured how permaban may work with separate ban systems for normals and ranked.

kJs

11-17-2014

bump

DatEpicPotato

11-19-2014

Did u srsly bump a 5 month old thread?

Level 1

11-25-2014

Friend told me if u leave in first five mins In a dots game u will go to dis thing where the called low priority which has all the trolls afks and the noobs to get rid of u have to play 5 games of it