Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

FPS Drop Investigation

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Gehirn

Player Support Lead

03-25-2014

Summoners,

We've been investigating issues regarding FPS drops and have been collecting logs from players in order to help us diagnose the issue.
If you believe that you have had a drop in FPS since patch 4.2, please follow the below instructions to create a dxdiag (DirectX Diagnostics) file. Once you've created a dxdiag file, please post in this thread, and attach the file to your post.

This file will allow us to see your hardware configuration, and help us to determine if there's a particular configuration that may be having FPS issues.

Please follow the steps below to create a dxdiag file:
Click on the Start/Window Button.
In the search field type dxdiag and press enter. If you are running Windows XP, you will need to click Run first.
The DirectX Diagnostic Tool window should appear.
Click on “Save All Information” button. This should bring up a Save As Window.
Click on "Save". The file should be saved to your desktop as dxdiag.txt
Close the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.

Note: Your computer name will be shown in this text file - if you have identifying / sensitive information as a part of your Computer's name, please do not attach this text file, or modify the computer name in the output file. This information is stored in the value named "Machine Name".

dDesuKb

03-25-2014

Problem.

Dxdiag text file is too big to attach

But.

My specs are
Intel Core 3470 3.2 Quad Core.
16GB DDR3 Mushkin Frost Black.
Sapphire HD7790 1GB.

2 Monitors 1600x900 and 1280x1024

the only FPS issue I do get is sometimes with Rumble after 50-60 minute games and they rarely happen and whenever Xerath's Q is used. I can provide evidence of this FPS drop for Xerath.

I run league on these settings.

Borderless
1600x900
Medium Character Details
Very High Environment Details
Very High Shadows
Medium Effect Details.

no driver AA
no vsync

uncapped frame rate

background applications:
OBS
Pandora
Steam
Firefox
Teamspeak

JayQue

03-25-2014

Oh so it wasn't just my laptop suddenly deciding that it was unable to work correctly...

DxDiag.txt

Øreo

03-25-2014

no <3 for mac users. I'm getting frame lags too and usually after patches.
Turning off shadows is a quick fix.

Anyway back tot he topic at hand, it would be nice to let us know how to get DirectX info from our macs. I've retrieved system information but the file is too big to attach, even after compressing it.

xgenoriginal

03-26-2014

Your file of 79.1 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 19.5 KB for this filetype ...

really ?
you also don't accept it compressed into a rar

Astroh

03-26-2014

I've been having these problems, randomly started a while ago - may of been this update. Ill always get the occasional screen freeze when my fps drops leaving me useless, usually resulting in my death or a teammates and it can be really frustrating.

xgenoriginal

03-26-2014

From looking at what I can from my own and what others have written im seeing AMD, Nvidia, and Intel cards and Windows and Mac OS

CrazykENT

03-27-2014

DxDiag.zip

Riot Gehirn

Player Support Lead

03-27-2014

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting what you could so far. We've increased the attachment size limit for .txt files so if your dxdiag was too large to include before and you have been experiencing the mentioned FPS issues please try re-attaching it.

Huebo

03-27-2014

****, that sucks that others are getting it too. though it was my new computer acting up :s