Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

Update on Twisted Treeline

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Sephyre

Creative Services Manager

Follow Riot Sephyre on Twitter

01-29-2014

Hey everyone,

We've been collecting data on the Twisted Treeline queue for a while now. The reason we started the test is to try and find out if the server is ready for an additional queue type or whether we need to wait for it to grow a little more.

As it stands the numbers for the queue are decent, however we need more time to gather additional data so it will be remaining on the current Friday night schedule.

The reason more time is needed is because we look at the number of games played over multiple months and things like the Christmas holidays can distort the data a little.

To explain a little more about this, if we see a consistent growth pattern over the next couple of months, we could look at expanding the queue to multiple nights. It’s important to understand that this is not a guarantee that this will happen, but if we see consistent growth then we can look at expanding to that.

It’s also important to clarify that the evaluation process for the Twisted Treeline queue is different than for Featured Game Modes. Those modes we only bring in for a short time and depending on popularity they may reappear in the future.

Twisted Treeline doesn't fall into this category as we are evaluating it for one night a week at the moment, with potential to expand this to two nights later on.

Yeslan

01-29-2014

Will Dominion ever be given the same treatment?

QUlNN

01-29-2014

Seems reasonable, thanks for the update!

August

01-29-2014

Kappa

Silver5aruman

01-29-2014

Cool, i'd rather play tt at the moment than sr, sick of the stale meta, cheers

Ancient Yautja

01-29-2014

inb4 all the impatient ragers

Great work and ty Riot for providing for your community

Harry Potter Mid

01-30-2014

Haha what a joke. Thank **** I quit this game! A few months? Disgrace, you're worse than Dice and Ea releasing BF4.

Roguestoney

01-30-2014

Quote:
Harry Potter Mid:
Haha what a joke. Thank **** I quit this game! A few months? Disgrace, you're worse than Dice and Ea releasing BF4.

If you quit why bother with the forums? seems like u have nothing better to do than make a **** of yourself?

FromTheRed

01-30-2014

I mostly played Twisted Treeline back on NA server so naturally I have some concerns/questions.

When you say "over the next couple of months, we could look at expanding the queue to multiple nights"..."not a guarantee that this will happen" I know this is talking about months but if this doesn't expand over the months does that mean it may never become available for more than one evening?

Assuming that Twisted Treeline was indefinitely restrained to an availability of 1 or 2 nights a week will it be possible to have a ranked TT queue available on the same or a similar schedule?

Do you currently track the quantity or frequency of custom 3v3 games?

I'm really enjoying the occasional chance to queue up with some mates for a 3v3 stomp. I hope it progresses well

Not Gooby

01-30-2014

Quote:
Harry Potter Mid:

Bait