Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

No Name and Shame Policy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Your Neighbour

11-02-2014

Why are we so sensitive about an ID?

Not like we will magically find their address then have a party at the person's place.

In other games not only IDs are published they even show the person's rank/tier etc to serve as a warning to let people know no one is excepted but we have to be the cuddly bear here?

astrapoof

11-04-2014

Quote:
Name and shaming can turn from an attempted notification into a full blown witch hunt. These threads can frequently devolve into personal attacks against the accused and flame wars explode between people who choose to take sides in the debate.

that sounds awesome!

Your Neighbour

11-07-2014

New rule: Name and shame OK!

DementedRooster

11-08-2014

Quote:
Riot Rhojin:
Hey Summoners,

I would like to address an important issue: Naming and Shaming. While I understand that there are times where you may get frustrated at another player, team or streamers due to their actions in games or their potential violations of the Summoner’s Code or Terms of Use our forums are not be the place to voice your frustrations at specific people or organizations.

Why shouldn’t I name toxic players, cheaters, or trolls?

Name and shaming can turn from an attempted notification into a full blown witch hunt. These threads can frequently devolve into personal attacks against the accused and flame wars explode between people who choose to take sides in the debate.

More importantly, some trolls just want the fame and we don’t want to give it to them. Players like this will thrive on any attention given to them regardless of if it is negative. We won’t allow our forums be a place where toxic players can highlight their achievements to the community.

Any naming and shaming posts on the forums will be deleted and can warrant a temporary forum suspension being issued to the participants.

But I ran into a really toxic player! Where can I report them?

First, you should always use the report feature in League of Legends. While Oceania does not currently have a tribunal, reports are still being collected on toxic players and are used in our frequent disciplinary audits. WookieeCookie has a post here (http://forums.oce.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=31248) that describes the audits and chat restrictions in better detail.

For behavior that may be occurring outside of the game like potential exploiters, toxic streamers, MMR Boosting reports, or severely inappropriate behavior, please send in a ticket to our Player Support team https://support.leagueoflegends.com/anonymous_requests/new with details so they can investigate the matter.

Not sure who you're trying to fool, but we all know nothing will get done about this. Nobody will believe riot until a tribunal is made. Tribunal first, talk later!

Tunica123

11-10-2014

Is there a way that riot could hide player's ip's and/or make them more secure while using the league of legends client. I know there are ways to protect your own ip but if you guys could even make a temporary fix so pre-made teams in normal or ranked can't use ddos attacks to influence the game just for wins.. Really sucks with the extra data it uses as well. Like I'm on a Telstra 250gb a month plan with a wired computer... I'm a target just because my ping is amazing. So when it spikes 2000 and I disconnect I know somethings up every time. Like 2 day bans just aren't good enough for people that ddos to win.. permanent bans and a way for players to I guess find this out without software would also be mint. Cheers yo

Your Neighbour

11-12-2014

Tribunal on NA.

No tribunal on OCE, and then this post.

WHY WHERE IS LOGIC. PLEASE?

Rouise

11-15-2014

The tribunal is still in progress and there isn't enough population on the OCE Server to support a Tribunal just yet.