Welcome to the Forum Archive!

We've now moved over to Boards where there's conversations going on right now, but within these archives you find over a years worth of cool and locally relevant conversations and content.

GO TO BOARDS

No Name and Shame Policy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MyLifeForAuir87

07-11-2014

Get your act together with the tribunal then people won't need to resort to other means. Intentionally feeding players shoujld be perma banned..

Rastabaxus

07-16-2014

The evidence that Riot doesn't consider this a priority mounts every second, you only need to read the posts in this "Player Behavior" forum and play the game to see the horrid levels of toxicity/feeding/trolling etc.

As a policy I can understand the reasoning but there seems to be at best an exaggeration that something will be done about it if you use the "report" feature or submit a ticket. Many toxic players continue to live their dreams whilst stomping on others, getting reported and not caring because they do it all the time and nothing is done. Riot claims waves of bans etc. but provides no real evidence and the community doesn't notice any drop in the amount of toxicity/etc..

It also makes me sad that people seem to care more about reminding people of the policy than they do about the actual problem. The average post has the complaint, then a dozen people telling them not to name and shame, and often the culprit popping in to basically say "hello, I'm still here, I'm still a troll, nothing you can do, nothing Riot will do, haha princess".

Anyway, rant over.

Spiphel

07-17-2014

We've seen previously that players with a 6 week string of 0/30 intentional feeds have remained un-banned.

Riot doesn't want to ban customers, and doesn't want to admit that their flowery summoner's code is completely ineffective.

a void squid

07-20-2014

Riot it has been far too long without some form of strong policy on trolls. If you are going to go afk and feed in ranked games they should be banned for a year end of story.

St0rmChaser

07-22-2014

Im sure every person on this thread can agree that player in game do try to ignore or stop toxicity in games, but the reporting system we have at the moment isn't enough. Even though australia has an online anti-harassment law, and there's the summoner code, anybody and their dog can make an account. As soon as people log in, the know they are protected by the anonymity of their summoner name. League of legends will eventually dissapear because people dont want to deal with a toxic player just because he's having a bad day/lost lane/jungler didnt gank. Reporting people feels like its just a blanket comfort for players, as it feels more like a hope that toxicity will drop if you report people. I've played with a player who has had games where he becomes toxic just because he can't cope with toxicity himself, yet even when he got warnings, every game he got the report warnings for verbal abuse and harassment, and out of maybe 3 months of warnings solid, he got a 10 game chat ban. Even with the hope of the 'extreme' measures to counter toxicity, i have little faith in it, as no matter how nice the games i play start in, i always come across afk'ers or abusive players. I now enter queue, and every lobby i have someone that is on my ignore list. I've been playing League Of Legends for four years, and I'm watching the general state of the game drop. I dont believe naming and shaming players does anything, because behind the username is someone who knows there will not be any real penalties for his homophobic/racial slurs/death threats or afk'ing.

St0rmChaser

07-22-2014

Excuse the wall of text sorry tl/dr
People wont change due to the anonymity.
Being abusive and getting reported doesnt mean you'll get banned, you might just get warnings for a month, then a chat restriction.
OCE is continually getting worse.
Reporting is just a feel-good feature for people hoping to fix the community.

Easiest Jeans

07-27-2014

Guys, I'm not usually one to do this, but Riot need to really sort out these problems on League of Legends with people intent feeding, in particularly this particular player by the name of Protogo, for which I highly suggest at all costs to avoid this play seeing as this account is purely made for the purpose of trolling.

Ingame, the player begun to throw himself in front of turrets and champions and whenever we tried to ask him to stop seeing as 2 players were in their promotional matches, and all she continued to say was "I guess you can't win em' all huh?" and "don't be so toxic guys, it isnt my fault were losing" and many other quotes making a troll out of the whole team.

id really like for you guys to do something, cause players like this are bringing down the credibility, of league of legends and players everywhere thankyou.

ElChompo

07-30-2014

Quote:
Easiest Jeans:
Guys, I'm not usually one to do this, but Riot need to really sort out these problems on League of Legends with people intent feeding

Totally agree, the no name and shame policy I do understand however the simple solution would be to put up some public evidence after having reported them. Let them get investigated/dealt with quickly and simply deleted, Fixed. Unless of course there is so much going on right now because we have no action against trolls that there are probably thousands of trolls on OCE that riot simply can't keep up!!!

Wolf Apocalypse

08-01-2014

Well even if we can't name and shame the horrible people of the community I still think this would be a good idea
http://forums.oce.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=73293

Easiest Jeans

08-06-2014

Ladies and Gentleman, here i post upon this infamous wall of shame and tierany, stands a player of much evil, his name is Rageman1, claiming that with the help of a "apparent" Riot employee, threatened to have his team and a number of others upon mine "deleted" off one of the most successful MOBA games in the world, and why do you ask he was making such irrational claims you say? because his ATTACK DAMAGE CARRY INSTAOCKED, YES LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, INSTALOCKED.

Upon the ending queue he progressed to have everyone deleted and that his "riot employee" friend would have me permanently banned over a game, saying that "in the game of league of legends, instalocking was an instant ban upon all players that do so" now ladies and gentleman, would upon all your oppinions think that this kid has a severe problem with fabricating truths? I think so. But it doesnt end there.

Once we had caught up upon his lie, he threatened me in particular to "take me to court for discrimination and forging illegitimate information" when he is clearly stating that he had a mate that worked for Riot and then in all accounts denied that he ever said it when we caught him out, stating that I'd be jailed for 4 years indefinently (mind you, in the court of law, until the sentence is ruled out upon a judge) and then continued to lie saying he would also sue me for racism when no racial slurs or insults were placed upon him, discrimination against him when no clear insults were made towards looks, racial profiling, or facial look (considering i cannot see the child's face)and posting this very post upon your infamous name and shame forum.

Ladies and Gentleman, this is the perfect example of a lying, toxic player, seeking further attention and making the Oceanic Servers a terrible experience to all, and it would be greatly appreciated if Riot can further investigate into having this child warned in future events, and show the mighty pride of the MOBA community and help make this server a less toxic, better place.

Yours sincerely,
PicklesDoodly666